Who do you want next as manager?

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

35 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Made too many demands apparently. 

We are f**ked, these idiots want a yes man and top level elite managers are not yes men.

I think we are in for a rough ride with these assholes until they burn through enough money to realise that a yes man will not work.

They claim they want to follow Arsenal and Arteta, well Arteta has complete control over the team and the club which is why he has turned it around, he was given full control.

I was truly optimistic when they took over and started to invest but my god I was wrong. 

I hope they turn it around but I have little faith in these idiots.

Just now, El regreso said:

We are f**ked, these idiots want a yes man and top level elite managers are not yes men.

I think we are in for a rough ride with these assholes until they burn through enough money to realise that a yes man will not work.

They claim they want to follow Arsenal and Arteta, well Arteta has complete control over the team and the club which is why he has turned it around, he was given full control.

I was truly optimistic when they took over and started to invest but my god I was wrong. 

I mean we just witnessed last summer the dangers of giving a manager control in the market. Enrique’s track record for transfers isn’t the best as well. 

We don’t need a yes man we need a manager who’s inline with Vivell and Stewart and Shields. Pep and Txiki are two peas from the same pod for example. 

19 minutes ago, Argo said:

I'd want to know the full context is before making an opinion on this subject.

As we found out with Conte there's a fine line between wanting some/more control and acting like a mad man.

My point really is not specifically regarding this report. Everything i am seeing and reading lately (which may be fake news or propaganda) implies that this cretin is systematically destoying our club. He looks like he has pi$$ed away a third of the 10 year committed funds in one year. He has then apparently gobbed off again, this time in the dressing room. The latest article i have read is that a number of players are now pi$$ed off becuase he is now trying to cut their wages. Yeah those ridiuclous fking wages he put them on.

If this is the case this guy is a complete moron and is still fixated with the belief that his Dodgers model will work here, without having done any research into the structure of our game or gained any form of understanding of the actual subject matter of football and footballers.

Regardless of what people think about the way our club was run previously one thing cannot be questioned surely. Roman never, in 20 years, gobbed off like this pillock making himself look a complete fking clown so regularly. I honestly cringe every time i see Boehly's dishevelled mug pictured in the press as it is obvious that another piece of bollox is on its way.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

My point really is not specifically regarding this report. Everything i am seeing and reading lately (which may be fake news or propaganda) implies that this cretin is systematically destoying our club. He looks like he has pi$$ed away a third of the 10 year committed funds in one year. He has then apparently gobbed off again, this time in the dressing room. The latest article i have read is that a number of players are now pi$$ed off becuase he is now trying to cut their wages. Yeah those ridiuclous fking wages he put them on.

If this is the case this guy is a complete moron and is still fixated with the belief that his Dodgers model will work here, without having done any research into the structure of our game or gained any form of understanding of the actual subject matter of football and footballers.

Regardless of what people think about the way our club was run previously one thing cannot be questioned surely. Roman never, in 20 years, gobbed off like this pillock making himself look a complete fking clown so regularly. I honestly cringe every time i see Boehly's dishevelled mug pictured in the press as it is obvious that another piece of bollox is on its way.

Its a 30% reduction in salary for not qualifying for the champions league for all players signed in the last year or extended their contracts. I do think this is one of the reasons Mount and Kante havent renewed contracts…I mean why would they no champions league next season. Everything is just such a complete mess, from managers to transfers to finances. I think things will get a lot worse before they get better.

12 minutes ago, El regreso said:

This is spot on. The elite managers that we have had, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Conte, Tuchel. All winners, all totally ruthless, but none yes men. Ultimately they are just as likely to lose their jobs due to internal sword crossing with the hierarchy rather than results, but these are the guys that know football and know how to win on a sustained regular basis.

They understand footballers and their mentality, which most people including the majority of us fans don't understand. 

I am not picking on Potter here but elite footballers don't give a fck about their emotional wellbeing. They have been in the systen since they were 8 years old. Most in at 8, released at 14. Those withthe right stuff, the singlemindedness and determination, get recycled and go on to have professional careers. The badge kissing, one of our own, emotiional wellbeing, even the money doesn't matter a fck  to them. They just want to play. Always. An elite manger gets it and knows how to juggle all of these competing elements and make ruthless decisions when necessary to keep the team winning.

The businessmen should run the business and let the football people do the football., and just understand that you are probably not goign to like the manager that much becuase he has to have certain characteristics that most people won't like. Its what makes them winners.

3 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Yeah I just can’t shake the feeling there’s a major crisis brewing. Maybe there wont be one, but whether there is or not - every box has been ticked with a big red marker pen. You couldn’t make it up. The only consolation may end up being that the crisis is bigger than Chelsea too. This whole thing is going down. Football is absolutely rotten to the core and needs a massive purge. It will seem so obvious after the fact. I’m surprised this isn’t the consensus view. 

3 minutes ago, Vialli96 said:

Its a 30% reduction in salary for not qualifying for the champions league for all players signed in the last year or extended their contracts. I do think this is one of the reasons Mount and Kante havent renewed contracts…I mean why would they no champions league next season. Everything is just such a complete mess, from managers to transfers to finances. I think things will get a lot worse before they get better.

Agree with this.

Of course on a positive note Boehly saved 20m on Tuesday. Wasn't Mudryk 60 somthing million with a 20 million add on if we won the champions league.

To be honest if I was a player and had my salary slashed by 30% for not qualifying for the the champions league I would be furious especially If Ive not been playing…which the majority (19) arent of the squad. This must have damaged morale no end when champions league qualification looked unlikely…no wonder theyve stopped playing. This might work in the NFL but not here.

I agree exactly with what Merson has said about no disrespect to Frank but the managerial situation has to be sorted now.

Personally i don't think Frank should have been appointed in this capacity because the implication was if he did well he could get this permanently, but we all knew that would never happen.

They should have gone for a proper caretaker who already had another job, or had one lined up. I'm not saying this as an answer but as an example, Jimmy Floyd was incorporated into the England set up. He could have been used as the caretaker, without any strings or expectations, as he already had a job to go to. It worked with Guus.

Then if Nagelsmann is not ready until the end of the season, he could have still come in on some form of consultancy behind the scenes to review the squad through training sessions and assessments in conjunction with JFH, so that he could have identified the keepers and the losers before the window opens. Then the backroom team would know who they have to move on and who to get in with the whole summer to try to acheive this.

The clock will just run out as it is. With summer holidays and pre season i canno see how we will sort all of this mess out in one window, what with transfer fee and salary package haggling. This could drift on and on and then impact the new guys tenure as well.

31 minutes ago, Vialli96 said:

To be honest if I was a player and had my salary slashed by 30% for not qualifying for the the champions league I would be furious especially If Ive not been playing…which the majority (19) arent of the squad. This must have damaged morale no end when champions league qualification looked unlikely…no wonder theyve stopped playing. This might work in the NFL but not here.

Didn't think about that actually, though I do think this squad needs a clear out 

10 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

I agree exactly with what Merson has said about no disrespect to Frank but the managerial situation has to be sorted now.

Personally i don't think Frank should have been appointed in this capacity because the implication was if he did well he could get this permanently, but we all knew that would never happen.

They should have gone for a proper caretaker who already had another job, or had one lined up. I'm not saying this as an answer but as an example, Jimmy Floyd was incorporated into the England set up. He could have been used as the caretaker, without any strings or expectations, as he already had a job to go to. It worked with Guus.

Then if Nagelsmann is not ready until the end of the season, he could have still come in on some form of consultancy behind the scenes to review the squad through training sessions and assessments in conjunction with JFH, so that he could have identified the keepers and the losers before the window opens. Then the backroom team would know who they have to move on and who to get in with the whole summer to try to acheive this.

The clock will just run out as it is. With summer holidays and pre season i canno see how we will sort all of this mess out in one window, what with transfer fee and salary package haggling. This could drift on and on and then impact the new guys tenure as well.

Honestly we should've went for Rafa as caretaker as ridiculous at it sounds. He did a good job last time and he was available, and there would be no chance of him getting the job permanently. He would've steadied the ship, and he is at least somewhat competent unlike Lampard

Having a caretaker manager works when you have a settled squad. When you require players to fit a specific style you need to be determine who you want and dont want and fast! These last 10 games would have been perfect for a perm manager to come in and assess the squad, see who he likes and who he doesnt, what he needs for his system. Then the work to get rid of players and recruit could have already been underway come summer. Now the manager will come in in summer have a preseason and still not know what his best 11 come the start of next season. I see more panic buys and selling players we shouldnt be towards the end of summer. 

9 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

Honestly we should've went for Rafa as caretaker as ridiculous at it sounds. He did a good job last time and he was available, and there would be no chance of him getting the job permanently. He would've steadied the ship, and he is at least somewhat competent unlike Lampard

Whilst I don't like the bloke, the principle still applies, so I can't disagree with this either.

To use the phrase of the fat guy from the Chase, it seems with this bloke he zags every fking time he should be zigging.

1 minute ago, Vialli96 said:

Having a caretaker manager works when you have a settled squad. When you require players to fit a specific style you need to be determine who you want and dont want and fast! These last 10 games would have been perfect for a perm manager to come in and assess the squad, see who he likes and who he doesnt, what he needs for his system. Then the work to get rid of players and recruit could have already been underway come summer. Now the manager will come in in summer have a preseason and still not know what his best 11 come the start of next season. I see more panic buys and selling players we shouldnt be towards the end of summer. 

Yes agreed, that would have been the ideal, but there must be something behind the scenes that we don't know about regarding Nagelsmann settlement.  Maybe he got an uplift on his payout which he'd lose if he took another job and possibly ended up competing against them in the CL  which could in theory have happened.

I don't know what but as your Plan A is the obvious preferred route there must have been a blocker to that and if this is the case I just think Boehly way of managing the intervening period is another showing of his crass incompetence in our sport. 

It's only natural for the potential managers to make demands, after they seen the madness at Chelsea in less than 10 months. A reasonable demand could be ' consult me before any first team signing', or 'stay out of my dressing room unless you are invited'. After all, why would Naglesman or Enrique risk it for a job at Chelsea, when there are other viable options out there.

The owners probably didn't like a personality like Enrique. 

But they are kinda dumb to be fair. All elite managers have a big personality. Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Mourinho etc. Nobody elite manager is going to come here and just nod his head for everything they say.

2 hours ago, Drogba1 said:

For me, the strongest argument for Enrique would be Spain's national team. They were arguably the best at the Euro's (played Italy off the park in the semis), despite having a fairly medicore squad by their standards, with no real attackers.

Though even then, they had the Barca midfield youngsters like Pedri, who look like they could be absolutely world class, so I'm not sure we could replicate it.

Not to mention despite their domination of games, they still had trouble scoring goals 

That's the main criticism from people like myself who prefer Nagelsmann. We are basically going to go in the same direction we have gone with the past 4 or so managers with Enrique. Nagelsmann, even if he only lasts a couple of seasons, is what's needed to finally break this boring possession football where we dominate with no goals. It's been 5 years we have been playing this way and it's finally time we just accept the fact that Chelsea FC was never meant to play tiki-taka. We were a much stronger team before all this passing football.

2 hours ago, Vialli96 said:

I'm honestly not against the 30% reduction, it's one of the few things the owners have introduced that I think isn't really a bad thing. Money in football is becoming excessive and ridiculous and things need to be regulated a bit. Not as much as American sports but some middle-ground has to be met or the game might not exist or be the same in about the next couple of decades. 

14 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Perhaps Nagelsmann has agreed to Lukaku being the striker recruitment he asked for, where Luis Enrique did not.

Yes, in addition he will give an hour per week listening to Boehly's ideas on playing 443.

In all seriousness, get Nagelsmann now if he's willing, and accept whatever 'reasonable' demands he has. Last rumor I heard is we are going back to Pochettino, whom we could have signed post Tuchel or at minimum post Potter 😐

Happy to hear Enrique is out of the running. Said from day 1 Inwiuldnt mind anyone on the list except Enrique. 

Even his successful spanish team was boring as f**k to watch. Death by passing sideways. 

Chelsea is not the place for tiki taka rubbish. 

1 hour ago, nonotnowjim said:

Happy to hear Enrique is out of the running. Said from day 1 Inwiuldnt mind anyone on the list except Enrique. 

Even his successful spanish team was boring as f**k to watch. Death by passing sideways. 

Chelsea is not the place for tiki taka rubbish. 

Man City have won how many titles playing "tiki-taka rubbish"?

Enrique didn't play tiki-taka, in any case. He ditched that system because Neymar and Suarez needed counter-attacking and fast transitions. Same as his Roma and Celta Vigo teams which were all about counter-pressing and counter-attacking. He's closer in philosophy to Klopp than Guardiola.