Who do you want next as manager?

Drogba1
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

Chelsea would like Julian Nagelsmann to start next season. 

Part of the Chelsea management - including Laurence Stewart and Paul Winstanley - flew to Germany late last week to meet with Julian Nagelsmann. Meanwhile, Chelsea are discussing terms with Bayern to let him leave should the blues chose Nagelsmann. 

- DiMarzio. 

21 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

I sifted out Enrique....

So it leaves you or Zer German.

I vote Zeta

Here's my pitch:

- 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 depending on the game.
- Utilise wide attackers cutting in, allowing for overlapping fullbacks

E.g.

[GK]

Fofana   Silva   Colwill/Badiasielle

James   Enzo   Kante   Chilwell

Madueke    [ST]   Mudryk

- Instil unit-based pressing, not this BS system we do at the moment, where 1 player presses, then another, and they are easily bypassed.

- Encourage quick, vertical possession-based football. E.g. to build out from the back, rather than going sideways and down the wing, then back again, you look for the longest forward pass you can make, e.g. into a striker or wide attacker, and look to play 1-2s back into midfield and then forward again, dragging defenders out of position and running into the space behind.

- Improve the fitness levels of the players

- Look to bring in a new GK, new ST and probably new CM.

- Offload the following: Kepa or Mendy, Chalobah, Azpilicueta, Loftus-Cheek, Zakiara, Gallagher, Aubameyang, Pulisic, Felix, Sterling, Ziyech, Havertz, Lukaku

- Look to loan out the following: Slonina, Chukwuemeka, Broja (injury recovery - 6 months loan), D. Fofana

- Leaving us with a squad of: Kepa or Mendy, [GK], Chillwell, Cucu, Koulibaly, Silva, Fofana, Badiasielle, Colwill, James, Gusto, Fernandez, Kante, Mount, Kovacic, [CM], Mudryk, Madeueke, [ST], Nkuku

- Bring in experienced backroom staff who had experience of winning as both players and coaches

- 5 year deal so I get a big pay off when it doesn't work

Edited by Zeta

6 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Here's my pitch:

E.g.

[GK]

Madueke    [ST]   Mudryk

- Instil unit-based pressing, not this BS system we do at the moment, where 1 player presses, then another, and they are easily bypassed.

- Encourage quick, vertical possession-based football. E.g. to build out from the back, rather than going sideways and down the wing, then back again, you look for the longest forward pass you can make, e.g. into a striker or wide attacker, and look to play 1-2s back into midfield and then forward again, dragging defenders out of position and running into the space behind.

- Offload the following: Kepa or Mendy, Chalobah, Azpilicueta, Loftus-Cheek, Zakiara, Gallagher, Aubameyang, Pulisic, Felix, Sterling, Ziyech, Havertz, Lukaku

- Look to loan out the following: Slonina, Chukwuemeka, Broja (injury recovery - 6 months loan), D. Fofana

- Leaving us with a squad of: Kepa or Mendy, [GK], Chillwell, Cucu, Koulibaly, Silva, Fofana, Badiasielle, Colwill, James, Gusto, Fernandez, Kante, Mount, Kovacic, [CM], Mudryk, Madeueke, [ST], Nkuku

- Bring in experienced backroom staff who had experience of winning as both players and coaches

Not going sideways, that's downright revolutionary. Are you sure @Zeta ?

21 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Here's my pitch:

E.g.

[GK]

Madueke    [ST]   Mudryk

so - to summarise.

Get the ball, kick the ball, score the goal, fun for all?

30 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Here's my pitch:

E.g.

[GK]

Madueke    [ST]   Mudryk

You have got rid of Kepa and kept him in at the sametime.... there in a nutshell is our current issue   

28 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

Second season Sarri-ball would've hit different, we really should've held onto him. The only good football we've ever played under Lampard were the first 3 months after Sarri left. 

The signs were already there at the end of the first season.

Que someone quoting me now saying I'm wrong because we didn't win at Anfield and Old Trafford or in the dead rubber at Leicester.

Think Nagelsmann will have to find a fixed way of playing if he wants to succeed here, and unfortunately I don't think it will be a back 3 unless it is some sort of tactical one. No more of this chopping and changing based on the opposition. 

New GK

James Fofana Badiashile Colwill

Kante Enzo

Sterling     Nkunku      Mudryk

New ST

Edited by Sconnie Blue

17 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Think Nagelsmann will have to find a fixed way of playing if he wants to succeed here, and unfortunately I don't think it will be a back 3 unless it is some sort of tactical one. No more of this chopping and changing based on the opposition. 

New GK

Kante Enzo

New ST

That lineup would probably be a defacto back 3 in possession anyway.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

The signs were already there at the end of the first season.

Que someone quoting me now saying I'm wrong because we didn't win at Anfield and Old Trafford or in the dead rubber at Leicester.

HE wanted to leave. Irrelevent if he was Potter esque or Jose mk 1 - he didnt want to stay here.

56 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

New GK

Kante Enzo

New ST

I could see that being De Zerbi's line up 100%, have to admit after the Brighton game I really hope we bring him in even though it's unlikely, Brighton dominated us far worse than Real did 

On 17/04/2023 at 14:38, Zeta said:

Here's my pitch:

E.g.

[GK]

Madueke    [ST]   Mudryk

Simple. Always said so. What more is there :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, just said:

Whoever the next manager is I hope this fella is made part of the management back room staff.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/04/19/thiago-silva-criticises-chelsea-owners-after-champions-league-exit-18635146/

Thiago Silva MUST have a role at the Club after he finishes playing, although he will not have endeared himself to the Owners with that interview, even though he is 100% spot on !!

18 minutes ago, coombsie said:

Thiago Silva MUST have a role at the Club after he finishes playing, although he will not have endeared himself to the Owners with that interview, even though he is 100% spot on !!

Didn't really read like a criticism. As I said before, I'm sure Todd and Egbaly would admit mistakes made.

At least they talk and we can hear what they are thinking, unlike with Roman who I don't think I heard his voice more than once in 20 years. 

Let's not act like Roman didn't make mistakes. He made mistakes later on in his ownership too.

Getting rid of Carlo was one of them after winning the double. Not pushing for Aguero and David Silva in '10. 

Not backing Mourinho more in the transfer window going into 15/16 season. Not backing Conte after he won the league. Etc. 

Edited by enigma

12 minutes ago, enigma said:

Didn't really read like a criticism. As I said before, I'm sure Todd and Egbaly would admit mistakes made.

At least they talk and we can hear what they are thinking, unlike with Roman who I don't think I heard his voice more than once in 20 years. 

Let's not act like Roman didn't make mistakes. He made mistakes later on in his ownership too.

Getting rid of Carlo was one of them after winning the double. Not pushing for Aguero and David Silva in '10. 

Not backing Mourinho more in the transfer window going into 15/16 season. Not backing Conte after he won the league. Etc. 

Has backing Conte ever worked for any of his previous clubs?

35 minutes ago, enigma said:

Well you know what they say about keeping quiet and have people wonder than open your mouth and confirm to everyone listening that you're a fool. 

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

Has backing Conte ever worked for any of his previous clubs?

We won the league the season before mate. We should have done better than what we did. The same thing happened in Mourinho's second spell here too. We win the league and then finish newr relegation with a team consisting of Terry, Cahill, Azpi, Willian, Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Oscar etc.

We can't deny that the past decade or so at the club has been in a decline due to not staying competitive. Look at City, they have remained competitive because no hire and fire culture, backed the coach long term, and bought the right players for the system. Every time they won the league they strengthened with the right players, not stagnated like we did. 

Edited by enigma

For me, anyone who's got the gonads to say it as it is, play people on merit who want to play for the badge (do they actually exist anymore ?) And not because some d**khead paid a ridiculous transfer fee and an even more f**king idiotic contract. Get rid of all the wasters, shirkers and anyone else  who doesn't want to be here. Just f**k off.