Who do you want next as manager?

Drogba1
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, DarkMata said:

I don’t necessary think they’re after a yes man as some have suggested.  They likely want someone who will work together with the people we’ve already put in place rather than a lone single minded manager like a Conte.  This wouldn't include the tactics or picking the team but other football related things like transfers etc.  

I’m pretty sure the likes of Pep and Klopp work with others at their clubs and don’t have absolute control of everything.

How dare you come and spoil everyone’s doom and gloom with your sensible opinion? Don’t you know that anything this Club does is always wrong?

Players losing some of their compensation for the team under achieving is  what happens in investment banking. Bank does well everyone gets paid more, business does badly compensation  is reduced for everyone. PA has nothing to do with bringing in revenue but still sees their comp go up or down. I don’t see much wrong with that. You win as a group and you die as a group. Just like a war, civilians win or or lose with the soldiers. 

Jose ( or any elite manager) would not let Boehly stays in the dressing room, or even sneak in there. I doubt Boehly will accommodate an authority figure like Jose or Conte. Jose is a long shot , but again we probably will do much worse if we don't land Naglesmann

15 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Think we are very fortunate we are in a position to land either Nagelsmann or Pochettino. Both definitely best represent what the club wants. 

We can but hope, but they would need to accept the job first.

Apparently both are on Reals list as well.

12 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Think we are very fortunate we are in a position to land either Nagelsmann or Pochettino. Both definitely best represent what the club wants. 

Pochettino is not what we want. He has a poor record. There’s a very long list of people I’d prefer in front of him. Jose is a ridiculous idea. Spanish coaches have mixed records in England although I like what emery is doing. Nagelsmann is the clear leader of the main names. I like that he is young enough. It is a tough job I guess but equally there is a great team waiting to emerge from the current morass. A lot of talent, a lot of young talent. 

personally I am super excited to see a good manager make a great and exciting team from the talent. It may take a bit, we may get worse before we get better but there will be a fun team in time. 

Honestly, more important than tactic. I want a strong manager who is willing to be an ass. He need to know what he want and start getting rid of players. Right now we simply have way too many players and it is very incoherent especially attacker wise.

Just decide what you want and just get rid the rest. Yes, selling the wrong player means we will look stupid (salah, kdb) but continuing with this mess is a even worse. 

Edited by Bob stark

11 hours ago, ozboy said:

Pochettino is not what we want. He has a poor record. There’s a very long list of people I’d prefer in front of him. Jose is a ridiculous idea. Spanish coaches have mixed records in England although I like what emery is doing. Nagelsmann is the clear leader of the main names. I like that he is young enough. It is a tough job I guess but equally there is a great team waiting to emerge from the current morass. A lot of talent, a lot of young talent. 

personally I am super excited to see a good manager make a great and exciting team from the talent. It may take a bit, we may get worse before we get better but there will be a fun team in time. 

I don't think we will go for him, but Pochettino is absolutely not a poor manager. 

He actually had Tottenham in contention for the two major titles (PL and CL) and they may not have got over the line, but bloody hell it was TOTTENHAM ! LOL.

Track record of developing younger players (which we absolutely need given we have signed Fernandez, Santos, Gusto, Madueke, Mudryk, Chukwuemeka, Casadei, Badiashile, Fofana x2, Slonina, Hutchinson - all of whom are 18-22, plus Paez likely coming in a couple of years as well) plus his style of football is good to watch, and he has a multiple year track record of keeping a side in the top 4, which is no small achievement when it's someone like Levy signing (or rather not signing) players for you. 

And if you can't get past the Tottenham connection, then look at the great job he did the season he was at Southampton, which got him the Spurs job in the first place. 

Might not have won the CL at PSG, but then that's starting to become a lengthy list of managers now ... 

4 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Honestly, more important than tactic. I want a strong manager who is willing to be an ass. He need to know what he want and start getting rid of players. Right now we simply have way too many players and it is very incoherent especially attacker wise.

Just decide what you want and just get rid the rest. Yes, selling the wrong player means we will look stupid (salah, kdb) but continuing with this mess is a even worse. 

Sadly those kind of managers are a rare breed now. The power of the players has seen these types of no nonsense managers fizzle out.

As soon as players get offended by a manager and they have a clique then usually the manager is the one that's gone. We have seen it several times here 

My worry with Nagglesmann’s tactics is that it will simply get found out. He likes to overload the box so teams will just counter attack and defensively it will be a mess. Maybe someone will tell me I’m wrong but we’ve seen with Potter and Lampard, the players need elite tactics. 

Just now, DG19 said:

Pochettino might bring back Rafa Benitez level of toxicity back to the club. 

Doubt fans would accept him

Think this may be a little overstated. From what I've seen, fans wouldn't accept him on the basis he hasn't won anything. Nothing to do with his Spurs ties. 

There is still a level of admiration and respect for the work he's done. 

My big worry with Pochettino is that he failed to win Ligue 1 with PSG one season, how is that even possible given their squad?

I do think Pochettino could get us top 4 though, which is desperately needed for next season, missing out 2 years in a row will hurt us massively. 

6 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

My big worry with Pochettino is that he failed to win Ligue 1 with PSG one season, how is that even possible given their squad?

I do think Pochettino could get us top 4 though, which is desperately needed for next season, missing out 2 years in a row will hurt us massively. 

Joined mid season that year didn't he?

Whoever they chose and I suppose Pochettino is not a bad choice, we will have to be behind them. 

Its challenging we have had most of the best managers in Europe at the club already and let them go for whatever reason.  I can't see any longevity in any appointment and for that reason I don't really have an outstanding choice,