Who do you want next as manager?

Drogba1
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Taken from then Telegraph/Matt Law:

Chelsea have not placed Luis Enrique among the leading candidates for the permanent head coach job as the club start to cut down their shortlist and prepare for a new round of talks.

Enrique flew to London two weeks ago for discussions with Chelsea, but there are no further talks currently planned with the former Barcelona man which could leave the path clear for Tottehnam Hotspur to make their move.

Along with Sporting’s Ruben Amorim, Enrqiue is now rated as an outsider for the Chelsea post with initial contact thought to have been made with all the main contenders – including Julian Nagelsmann and Mauricio Pochettino.

Chelsea are expected to hold further talks with Nagelsmann, who was interviewed last week, and Pochettino, along with other coaches, with club sources still insistent there is not yet a favourite or single leading contender for the post.

Nagelsmann is believed to have impressed Chelseaduring his interview, but, despite outside sources and some players believing he is the most likely permanent successor to Graham Potter, insiders have rejected any notion that the German is emerging as the favourite yet.

Former Tottenham manager Pochettino was interviewed by Chelsea and impressed co controlling owners Todd Boehly and Behdad Eghbali before they appointed Potter. He is still available, having been out of work since being sacked by Paris St-Germain.

As revealed by Telegraph Sport, Tottenham have made moves to contact Enrique and it appears the north London club might have a clear run at him with Chelsea’s attention focused more vividly elsewhere.

Chairman Daniel Levy has previously expressed reservations over Enrique’s lack of Premier League experience, but the Spaniard has been highly recommended to Spurs and is on the club’s shortlist of candidates to permanently succeed Antonio Conte.

Despite their elimination from the Champions League, the Chelsea job is still rated as one of the most attractive in Europe but Boehly and Eghbali know they cannot afford to get their next appointment wrong.

I really struggle to take what Matt Law says seriously at the moment. Fabrizio Romano ruled Pochettino out, so not really sure who to believe. I don't think Pochettino is a bad manager, not by a long shot, but I just prefer the idea of a manager that has won stuff in a competitive league.

Ligue 1 and Bundesliga aren't competitive compared to Premier League and La Liga. Enrique won La Liga during a period when the league was competitive.PSG and Bayern are the best teams in their respective countries, so winning the league with them is far easier as they are expected to win every season.

In Spain you've had Atletico, Real, Barcelona. In the PL it's been as competitive or more so than La Liga. To be honest, regardless of the manager, whether it be Nagelsmann or Enrique, we need to be patient and stick with them until the system works, not ask for their heads whenever things don't go perfectly. 

Edited by enigma

1 hour ago, enigma said:

I really struggle to take what Matt Law says seriously at the moment. Fabrizio Romano ruled Pochettino out, so not really sure who to believe. I don't think Pochettino is a bad manager, not by a long shot, but I just prefer the idea of a manager that has won stuff in a competitive league.

Ligue 1 and Bundesliga aren't competitive compared to Premier League and La Liga. Enrique won La Liga during a period when the league was competitive.PSG and Bayern are the best teams in their respective countries, so winning the league with them is far easier as they are expected to win every season.

In Spain you've had Atletico, Real, Barcelona. In the PL it's been as competitive or more so than La Liga. To be honest, regardless of the manager, whether it be Nagelsmann or Enrique, we need to be patient and stick with them until the system works, not ask for their heads whenever things don't go perfectly. 

Anyone could have won the league with prime Messi, Neymar and Suarez. 

Even an ageing Messi and Suarez carried Barca to the league in 2019, does that mean we should hire Valverde? 

I genuinely think Barca for the most part have hired mediocre managers since Pep left, with very little background of success prior to joining Barca. Yet they've still been successful due to the quality they had

I recall the exact same being said about Tuchel when we appointed him, how he constantly tweaks his formation week in week out depending on the opposition. What we got was the opposite of that. In fact, he was so reluctant to move away from a back 3 that it irritated a lot of fans at the time.

Edited by Amputechture

4 hours ago, Drogba1 said:

Sarri is doing better with Lazio than Mourinho is with Roma, despite having 1/10th of the budget and not having the likes of Dybala to call upon. 

Mourinho is still a good coach, but his tactics are nowhere near as effective as they used to be

Almost as if he was always a good manager and it takes longer than a season to completely change a squad's style of football.

23 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

Almost as if he was always a good manager and it takes longer than a season to completely change a squad's style of football.

Sarri was a great manager, felt like the fans hounded him out of the club somewhat. Even then he still got top 4, the Europa League and only lost the League Cup Final to City on penalties (after Kepa's antics), whilst transitioning the team to a completely different style of play after 5 years of counter attack.

We really should've done more to keep hold of him. The only good football we played under Lampard was in the 3 months after Sarri left.

9 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Enrique ruled out. 

What concerns me most as that the one we don't go for will end up at Spurs and they will be more successful than us. Why do I think this, well because I am now in the position where I don't have any faith in Boehly or the board to get any decisions right now.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

What concerns me most as that the one we don't go for will end up at Spurs and they will be more successful than us. Why do I think this, well because I am now in the position where I don't have any faith in Boehly or the board to get any decisions right now.

I'd be shocked if Enrique manages to get a tune out of Spurs squad. They were far more suited to Conte's football yet even he couldn't get them challenging

1 minute ago, Drogba1 said:

I'd be shocked if Enrique manages to get a tune out of Spurs squad. They were far more suited to Conte's football yet even he couldn't get them challenging

Yeah I'm not too worried about that unless Levy changes the habit of a lifetime.

As bonkers at it sound given they're what 14 points ahead of us but I think they've been just as bad as us possibly worse but they've managed to sh*t out results better.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Yeah I'm not too worried about that unless Levy changes the habit of a lifetime.

As bonkers at it sound given they're what 14 points ahead of us but I think they've been just as bad as us possibly worse but they've managed to sh*t out results better.

Conte is a master at sh*tting out results despite poor performances, he actually has the same PPG at Tottenham that Pochettino did. They blew their chance at top 4 when they sacked him

7 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Made too many demands apparently. 

Deeply worrying and reinforces my concerns that these Ted Lasso fking idiots are going to run us into the ground. 

Is there any chance we can get Boehly sanctioned as well.

12 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Deeply worrying and reinforces my concerns that these Ted Lasso fking idiots are going to run us into the ground. 

Is there any chance we can get Boehly sanctioned as well.

I'd want to know the full context is before making an opinion on this subject.

As we found out with Conte there's a fine line between wanting some/more control and acting like a mad man.

For me, the strongest argument for Enrique would be Spain's national team. They were arguably the best at the Euro's (played Italy off the park in the semis), despite having a fairly medicore squad by their standards, with no real attackers.

Though even then, they had the Barca midfield youngsters like Pedri, who look like they could be absolutely world class, so I'm not sure we could replicate it.

Not to mention despite their domination of games, they still had trouble scoring goals