Who do you want next as manager?

Drogba1
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Noticing and working on the small details that others tend to ignore. 

Forget Sarri for a moment, this is simply about playing with direction and understanding. We still look clueless playing out of a press. We still look clueless on where to move the ball next and we look directionless once in attack. 

You have scenes where Pep and Arteta are screaming at their players in the training room on how to handle certain phases of the game, instructing them on what to do in specific situations. Where to position themselves, where to move the ball next, where to attack the ball, where to fill in the space, etc. It's all reflective on their performances as well. You can see what they want to do. 

Every single manager give their player instructions. This is very normal, pass here, go here, go there

It takes a while though to make your player understand what you want. Like I said, if you want it fast, you can do it in sarri/conte way. 

If you are confused why we struggle against simple press, you are not alone. This is why a lot of people had doubt about Potter. 

1 hour ago, Deino said:

variables only come into play when the opponent is better at certain things than you. Eg. Messi vs anyone not named Ashley Cole, you know how play will develop just on that alone. All you need then is a Pedro-type player willing to give his heart out to create more space.

Variables can be infinite and hugely influencing. Weather conditions for a start. "Why aren't you hitting that early ball forward to player X as we have drilled all week in training?" "Because Boss there is a 20mph gale blowing in the opposite direction!" "Why haven't you picked up player Y as we went through on the flip chart yesterday?" "Because he's actually roaming all over the midfield and not playing on the right boss!".

You cannot micro-manage players and account for all the variables that are beyond your control. It's impossible. Plus players are often faced with making split second, instinctive decisions based upon the specific situation they find themselves in at that moment. It's the nature of the game. You can obviously try and make in game changes to account for the given variables at the time, but you can't pre micro-manage those circumstances. Not unless you have a crystal ball 

Edited by just

why don't we consider Arne Slot?

If Ten Hag is suppose to be a top manager now, Arne Slot is about to win the Dutch league with a significantly worse squad then Ten Hag had and with a lot less money, and they have been punching above their weight in europe too

tactically a very good manager and turns average players into a very good team 

Edited by azpi28

13 hours ago, azpi28 said:

one example Matts Wieffer

bought for 575.000 beginning this season

now a Dutch international 

That may be down more to the quality (or lack thereof) of Dutch players than to Wieffer and/or his manager :tongue:

Edited by Valerie

4 hours ago, Valerie said:

That may be down more to the quality (or lack thereof) of Dutch players than to Wieffer and/or his manager :tongue:

but still he impressed me with how he keeps on forming winning teams when he loses a lot of his players every season

i also like his press conferences

he's a really good manager 

On 13/04/2023 at 17:11, Bob stark said:

Every single manager give their player instructions. This is very normal, pass here, go here, go there

It takes a while though to make your player understand what you want. Like I said, if you want it fast, you can do it in sarri/conte way. 

If you are confused why we struggle against simple press, you are not alone. This is why a lot of people had doubt about Potter. 

Good managers get their points across faster than bad managers.

Once Conte changed the system during his first season, it all clicked and it worked fast, Sarri then changed from that, albeit it took more time but the change was radical from what we have had prior and finally Tuchel changed our system automatically and it worked very fast.

Right now we don't have a system nor any real structure and that makes all the difference at the highest level.

On 13/04/2023 at 17:49, azpi28 said:

why don't we consider Arne Slot?

If Ten Hag is suppose to be a top manager now, Arne Slot is about to win the Dutch league with a significantly worse squad then Ten Hag had and with a lot less money, and they have been punching above their weight in europe too

tactically a very good manager and turns average players into a very good team 

Very good manager, I'd support it. Honestly there's a lot of good options out there, though our board will probably find a way to pick a bad one instead

19 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Good managers get their points across faster than bad managers.

Once Conte changed the system during his first season, it all clicked and it worked fast, Sarri then changed from that, albeit it took more time but the change was radical from what we have had prior and finally Tuchel changed our system automatically and it worked very fast.

Right now we don't have a system nor any real structure and that makes all the difference at the highest level.

It was after Arsenal tore our midfield apart at the bridge that Sarri decided a more pragmatic possession game. We were getting torn apart in the defensive transition. 

The sudden mouth foaming for De Zerbi is one of the reasons I don't want him. His team is no different from what we've done in previous seasons where we have 10+ chances and either score only one or not at all. It will just end in tears like all our managers that played that way. We need something new and fresh than this build-up possession play. 

Whoever it is needs to come in and lay down some f**king authority.

Tell the board these are the 23-24 players I want. Get rid of the rest. Get me a striker who can score goals. And don't expect me to respond to your messages at 3 in the morning to explain my formation or ideas on pressing from the front.