Who do you want next as manager?

Drogba1
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

That's the main criticism from people like myself who prefer Nagelsmann. We are basically going to go in the same direction we have gone with the past 4 or so managers with Enrique. Nagelsmann, even if he only lasts a couple of seasons, is what's needed to finally break this boring possession football where we dominate with no goals. It's been 5 years we have been playing this way and it's finally time we just accept the fact that Chelsea FC was never meant to play tiki-taka. We were a much stronger team before all this passing football.

Were we? We've had the same issues under every manager bar Ancelotti. 

9 hours ago, nonotnowjim said:

Happy to hear Enrique is out of the running. Said from day 1 Inwiuldnt mind anyone on the list except Enrique. 

Even his successful spanish team was boring as f**k to watch. Death by passing sideways. 

Chelsea is not the place for tiki taka rubbish. 

He's literally never played that way at club level.

7 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Were we? We've had the same issues under every manager bar Ancelotti. 

I'd arguably say his second season started a rot we haven't fully eradicated to this day.

Wasn't exclusively his fault but that was the first season I remember ever getting bored sh*tless while watching us and felt there was something missing which despite a entirely different set of players today has never truly been fixed.

16 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Perhaps Nagelsmann has agreed to Lukaku being the striker recruitment he asked for, where Luis Enrique did not.

Lukaku will be back regardless. Inter don't want him and fair enough, too, after his stinker of a season albeit injury-hampered. With the loan fee Inter paid, he's now apparently down to 60-ish million on the books. We won't go into the 300,000+ a week wages.

1 hour ago, forbzy said:

There are some suggestions in the press that Boehly may appoint another manager to replace Lampard before the season is over. LOL

I think that hes such a parody of an owner at the moment that the press have got carte blanche in what they report and the general public will swallow it.

36 minutes ago, dermott said:

Lukaku will be back regardless. Inter don't want him and fair enough, too, after his stinker of a season albeit injury-hampered. With the loan fee Inter paid, he's now apparently down to 60-ish million on the books. We won't go into the 300,000+ a week wages.

Our only hope is a Saudi club coming in for him. 

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

Sounds pretty sensible to me.

Definitely fits our model. I can't remember the last time we had someone in charge who went by the title "manager" rather than "coach". 

Pep and Txiki are two peas from the same pod. They think and view football in the same manner. Having Nagelsmann + Vivell could help replicate that. 

Of course, I did mention this being a positive in appointing Potter at the time. How he could work well with Vivell. Just hope Nagelsmann is lightyears ahead of him in terms of implementing his ideas and game management. 

Edited by Sconnie Blue

27 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I’ll be honest, the things that Bayern have said about Nagelsmann publicly makes me quite nervous for him to be appointed. It also makes me wonder, why would things be different here than they were at Bayern with him? 

Politics and personalities played a part in the sacking. Nagelsmann and Neuer never got on. When Neuer broke his leg skiing post-WC - also breaking one of the terms of his contract - Nagelsmann sacked Bayern's long-term goalkeeping coach, team favourite and close Neuer confidant. It didn't bode well.

I don’t necessary think they’re after a yes man as some have suggested.  They likely want someone who will work together with the people we’ve already put in place rather than a lone single minded manager like a Conte.  This wouldn't include the tactics or picking the team but other football related things like transfers etc.  

I’m pretty sure the likes of Pep and Klopp work with others at their clubs and don’t have absolute control of everything.

6 hours ago, forbzy said:

There are some suggestions in the press that Boehly may appoint another manager to replace Lampard before the season is over. LOL

Probably himself as Head Groundsman/Manager with James fking Corden as his phone a friend

Edited by WhiteWall

The relationship between Bayern Munich and Chelsea is excellent. It's not going to be a problem for them to reach an agreement over the compensation for Julian Nagelsmann. 

It's up to Chelsea if they want to proceed; he's still the favourite.

#CFC

(@FabrizioRomano via @podcastherewego)

51 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

I don’t necessary think they’re after a yes man as some have suggested.  They likely want someone who will work together with the people we’ve already put in place rather than a lone single minded manager like a Conte.  This wouldn't include the tactics or picking the team but other football related things like transfers etc.  

I’m pretty sure the likes of Pep and Klopp work with others at their clubs and don’t have absolute control of everything.

This. I hate how the Tuchel-Potter experience has suddenly made everyone think that someone who gets along with the board is = Yes man. Whether people like our owners or not they are here to stay for at least a decade and bringing in a manager that gets along with everyone upstairs will give the club less of a headache.