Who do you want next as manager?

Drogba1
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

This is where I'd have hoped the likes of Vivell and Co would step in and take over that responsibility. They should be the ones working with the manager on the day to day, not Boehly and his Billy Beane impersonation. 

Enrique allegedly had too many demands and wanted a lot of control in the market. His prior history in that regard is also poor which really holds him back. 

All journalist fluff. No way is he really considered. 

It appears Nagelsmann was butthurt he didn't get the job immeidately after his interview. 

There were also reports that his girlfriend wanted a job for BMW in Germany and the Chelsea move would have jeopardised that.

I feel this will be a bullet dodged anyway, a lot of the pro-Nagelsmann and twitter idiots changing their avatar to him never truly knew what they were getting, the guy just looks the part and being 35 years old that’s quite easy to do. I don’t care what people are saying about the Bayern board, compared to other top clubs they tend to get their decisions right for the most part. And despite sounding like a broken record by now, Nagelsmann would have solidified Mudryk as a flop; I’d take that to the bank.

2 minutes ago, Term_X said:

There were also reports that his girlfriend wanted a job for BMW in Germany and the Chelsea move would have jeopardised that.

I feel this will be a bullet dodged anyway, a lot of the pro-Nagelsmann and twitter idiots changing their avatar to him never truly knew what they were getting, the guy just looks the part and being 35 years old that’s quite easy to do. I don’t care what people are saying about the Bayern board, compared to other top clubs they tend to get their decisions right for the most part. And despite sounding like a broken record by now, Nagelsmann would have solidified Mudryk as a flop; I’d take that to the bank.

From Bayern fans, some of the recent decisions by the Bayern board (which has had some new staff), have been appalling. Selling Lewandowski and replacing him with Mane is a big one, along with sacking Nagelsmann mid season

3 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

From Bayern fans, some of the recent decisions by the Bayern board (which has had some new staff), have been appalling. Selling Lewandowski and replacing him with Mane is a big one, along with sacking Nagelsmann mid season

The Mane one I can understand but Lewandowski forced their hand, he refused to train and his dream was Barca.

4 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

If multiple managers are discontent with the board's requirements, that says more about the board than it does about the managers

Enrique wanted control in the market. We literally saw last summer the damage this can cause when the manager is given control and has a poor history in transfers, which Enrique does. Nagelsmann is a huge gamble. High risk, high reward. Can the club genuinly afford another risk in the state we are in? 

Honestly I don't get some of the reactions here. 

1 minute ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Enrique wanted control in the market. We literally saw last summer the damage this can cause when the manager is given control and has a poor history in transfers, which Enrique does. Nagelsmann is a huge gamble. High risk, high reward. Can the club genuinly afford another risk in the state we are in? 

Honestly I don't get some of the reactions here. 

True, but when you add in how quickly Tuchel's relationship with the board fractured it is concerning though

So Nagelsmann has withdrawn from the process like Enrique did. It’s a two way process so clearly these managers are not liking something about the owners and Boehly and how they want to run things. I dont blame them, if I was a manager I wouldnt touch Chelsea based on the decisions theyve made this season…not until they have a clear strategy in place. 

Enrique and Nagelsman are both strong characters and i can see clashes with the owners. If reports are true that Tuchel rejected Boehly and others (including children) from entering the dressing room at half time then they will need to find a manager who will be happy to have Boehly in and out of the dressing room whenever he wants and bringing in whoever he wants. I dont agree with owners walking into dressing rooms and speaking to players especially at half time or after a match, it undermines the manager. Im sure Pochettino will be looking at this and have to consider if he can work with this. 

I do think this is more of an owner problem than a manager problem as they are looking for a yes man, no great manager was ever pushover or a yes man.

I'd say if I had to rank the available managers (that might be on the shortlist)

1)De Zerbi

2)Pochettino

3)Sarri

4)Spaletti (Napoli have looked poor without Osimhen)

5)Kompany (though I do have a hunch that he'll turn out elite)

Edited by Drogba1

3 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

True, but when you add in how quickly Tuchel's relationship with the board fractured it is concerning though

Boehly's actions over last summer is a completely separate matter. 

Bar his ridiculous locker intrusions, we are very much run by Vivell, Stewart, Shields and Macaulay. Despite what journos and the media fabricate. 

Edited by Sconnie Blue

We don't know what used to go on behind the scenes when Roman was looking for a manager but I prefer it that way. I don't like how all our dirty laundry is aired in the press at the moment. The fact Kompany is in the running shows they are not learning from mistakes, why go for Kompany after sacking Potter? I have no doubt Kompany could be good but what a risk that would be.

This interview process is a bit of a circus, we are having our worst season in a long time and we are acting as if we can just pick and choose who we want. We need to show the potential manager that we have 100% confidence in them.

It wouldn't surprise me if they release a twitter poll at this rate asking who we want.

Edited by Sheva

11 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Bar his ridiculous locker intrusions, we are very much run by Vivell, Stewart, Shields and Macaulay. Despite what journos and the media fabricate. 

Boehly & Eghbali make the final decisions on everything despite advice from all those you mentioned. They clearly want to stick their noses into anything, including entering the dressing room before and after every game they attend, completely undermining the manager in the process.

No wonder no one wants to work with them. Would be wholly unsurprised if Pochettino rejects them as well.

17 minutes ago, Vialli96 said:

So Nagelsmann has withdrawn from the process like Enrique did. It’s a two way process so clearly these managers are not liking something about the owners and Boehly and how they want to run things. I dont blame them, if I was a manager I wouldnt touch Chelsea based on the decisions theyve made this season…not until they have a clear strategy in place. 

Enrique and Nagelsman are both strong characters and i can see clashes with the owners. If reports are true that Tuchel rejected Boehly and others (including children) from entering the dressing room at half time then they will need to find a manager who will be happy to have Boehly in and out of the dressing room whenever he wants and bringing in whoever he wants. I dont agree with owners walking into dressing rooms and speaking to players especially at half time or after a match, it undermines the manager. Im sure Pochettino will be looking at this and have to consider if he can work with this. 

I do think this is more of an owner problem than a manager problem as they are looking for a yes man, no great manager was ever pushover or a yes man.

I don’t understand why he wants to be in changing rooms so much.

41 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Think the media just have zero clue on what we are doing. 

Given the huge number of high level leaks there would have to be for them to be getting any of it right I am inclined to agree !

Social media journalists ... LMAO.

I kind of miss the old days when the only club coverage was the minimal coverage on the back pages of the Daily paper. I'm sure I got a lot more done in those days LOL

In terms of building and shaping the squad, Mo Po will be ideal I think. Lots of youngsters and raw ability. Could be a good fit for the squad. 

Likely where he will fall down is winning trophies and this where the fans might get frustrated. 

At this stage, we need Mo Po to take the job. Everyone else has either pulled out/deemed not good enough.