The next bands you are going to see?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I have tickets for the following in 2017.

St Paul & The Broken Bones Kentish Town in Feb.

Pretenders at the Albert Hall in April, and again in Cambridge in October.

Kings of Leon in Hyde Park.

ELO at Wembley in June.

Adele at Wembley.

Olly Murs at Newmarket races (the wife's call).

Costing me a fortune!

St Paul are fantastic - would've bought tickets myself if I could have been sure I was free but it's around the time we usually go skiing so couldn't be sure.  Saw them at Glastonbury and they are so entertaining.  

I have precisely nothing booked for next year yet... :sad:

• 1 month later...

Just managed to get tickets for Interpol in September. 

To celebrate 15 years of the release of their first album, Don't Turn Out The Bright Lights, they're going to play the album in its' entirety. 

It's one of my favourite albums so I'm really pleased I managed to get tickets. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2016 at 20:31, Beerqueen said:

St Paul are fantastic - would've bought tickets myself if I could have been sure I was free but it's around the time we usually go skiing so couldn't be sure.  Saw them at Glastonbury and they are so entertaining.  

I have precisely nothing booked for next year yet... :sad:

Saw them last night in Kentish Town and they totally blew the roof off. Fantastic musicians and Janeway's voice is one of the most powerful I have seen live. He is a showman too clearly influenced by James Brown.

Went to see Tyondai Braxton last night and bought an early bird ticket for a local summer festival the other day. Only a part of the lineup has been announced, but Dinosaur Jr. was enough for me. It's been a good party the last two years, so I'm sure there will be more interesting acts added to the lineup.

• 1 month later...

A few gigs coming up. This coming Sunday I'm going to see the Lost Revellers a duo playing at a local micro-pub. So music and good beer. Next Monday, going to see Sari Schorr a blues singer with her band from New York. In early April will see Chantel McGregor a blues singer and guitarist. Have seen her a few times before and she is very good.

• 5 weeks later...

Saw The Pretenders at the Royal Albert Hall on Monday. One night sell out gig.

In words, the best concert I have been to in probably the last 20 years. Yes that fackin brilliant.

Chrissie is 65 now and is still proper rock chick hardcore. But like us all, she won't be here forever and they are touring the UK this year. So If you have kids, rob their piggy banks. If you have elderly parents, rifle their savings accounts. If you have to hold up a G4S security van get it done but just get the money and go see them live.

• 2 months later...

Went and saw Ryan Adams at Red Rocks, first time at the venue and it didn't disappoint.  Ryan Adams blew a speaker halfway through so we got some acoustic breakdowns of some songs while they fixed it.  Was well worth the money and drive.

On 6/23/2017 at 22:34, Ballack & Blu said:

Radiohead at Old trafford (cricket ground) in early July..

Having seen them not really being arsed at Glastonbury and just going through the motions, I'd be asking for my ticket money back, if I was you.

34 minutes ago, dan_cfc said:

Well after seeing foo fighters smash it at Glastonbury would definitely like to see them live

Don';t think they "smashed it".  They did what they do quite well, in a Nickelback sort of way, but weren't great.  I'd probably stay for the second set if they were playing in my local, though.

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

Having seen them not really being arsed at Glastonbury and just going through the motions, I'd be asking for my ticket money back, if I was you.

Radiohead are a very 'Marmite' band, thought the last 1hr was good though, tbh i wasn't that impressed with Glasto this year, a few gems, Chrissie hynde, Nile rogers, the Jacksons, DJ shadow.

Edited by Ballack & Blu

14 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Radiohead are a very 'Marmite' band, thought the last 1hr was good though, tbh i wasn't that impressed with Glasto this year, a few gems, Chrissie hynde, Nile rogers, the Jacksons, DJ shadow.

I didn't see Chrissie Hynde, but I thought the Jacksons just showed how much little Michael is missed.  The vocal sound on the telly was sh*te for the Jacksons, but might have been OK in the flesh.  Chic were the best thing I saw all weekend, and I was very disappointed that the Sunday night headliner was some lad doing karaoke over backing tracks.

Live music on TV is always deceptive - usually worse than when you are there, but sometimes better.

I was in the audience for the Jacksons and they were fantastic - no problems with the vocals to my ears.  Though it's possible I was a little distracted by a full-on domestic taking place in front of me - the husband was so drunk he couldn't stand without his son(?) holding him up (after he had fallen over) and his wife getting so angry with him she was screaming in his face for him to f**k off.  God alone knows how they got him back to wherever they were camping as I think that stage is quite a way from any campsite.

Chrissie Hynd was indeed wonderful, as was Chic.  Barry Gibb again sounded a lot better live than on TV where he sounded quite shreeky.  Enjoyed Blossoms and the National - two bands I know little of but will listen to more now.  And found She Drew the Gun strangely mesmerising.  And for some reason, Ralph McTell singing Streets of London had me in tears.  

First year I didn't see a Pyramid headliner.  Sort've missed the whole extravaganza of that but Radiohead bore me, Foos clashed with Jacksons and I don't regard Ed as a headliner type person really so on Sunday went up to Strummerville, a tiny area with a minute stage among the trees and listened to a couple of songs from some Australian band I'd never heard of before strolling over to climb the ribbon tower (spectacular view) as there was much less of a queue than I've ever seen.  Then on to watch the weird and wonderful Arcadia with all it's flame-throwing (google it - it's some spectacle).

Oh and Jeremy Corbyn was fantastic - didn't see him on the Pyramid, will have to catch up with that sometime, but in the Left Field tent immediately after where he spoke for a lot longer and was a brilliant orator.  

Am very sorry there is no Glastonbury next year.  It flew by and I didn't see half the stuff I wanted to - despite averaging about 15 miles walking every day!

@Beerqueen You'll have seen my opinion on Barry Gibb's set on FB, but you were there, so I bow to your opinion on all of it.  However, all the best BeeGee songs needed the full set of harmonies that the brothers brought to them, and Barry didn't have that, and also didn't have the voice he used to have.  But, again, that's just the sound presented by the Beeb.

6 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Live music on TV is always deceptive - usually worse than when you are there, but sometimes better.

I was in the audience for the Jacksons and they were fantastic - no problems with the vocals to my ears.  Though it's possible I was a little distracted by a full-on domestic taking place in front of me - the husband was so drunk he couldn't stand without his son(?) holding him up (after he had fallen over) and his wife getting so angry with him she was screaming in his face for him to f**k off.  God alone knows how they got him back to wherever they were camping as I think that stage is quite a way from any campsite.

Chrissie Hynd was indeed wonderful, as was Chic.  Barry Gibb again sounded a lot better live than on TV where he sounded quite shreeky.  Enjoyed Blossoms and the National - two bands I know little of but will listen to more now.  And found She Drew the Gun strangely mesmerising.  And for some reason, Ralph McTell singing Streets of London had me in tears.  

First year I didn't see a Pyramid headliner.  Sort've missed the whole extravaganza of that but Radiohead bore me, Foos clashed with Jacksons and I don't regard Ed as a headliner type person really so on Sunday went up to Strummerville, a tiny area with a minute stage among the trees and listened to a couple of songs from some Australian band I'd never heard of before strolling over to climb the ribbon tower (spectacular view) as there was much less of a queue than I've ever seen.  Then on to watch the weird and wonderful Arcadia with all it's flame-throwing (google it - it's some spectacle).

Oh and Jeremy Corbyn was fantastic - didn't see him on the Pyramid, will have to catch up with that sometime, but in the Left Field tent immediately after where he spoke for a lot longer and was a brilliant orator.  

Am very sorry there is no Glastonbury next year.  It flew by and I didn't see half the stuff I wanted to - despite averaging about 15 miles walking every day!

Did think the 'Nationa'l sounded really good, don't get the Ed sheehan stuff at all, The XX now i like them, and Kris Kristoffersen should of played 20 odd yrs ago, like a carbon copy of the great  Johnny Cash..

I've never been to Glastonbury, but I saw Chic at a local festival a few years ago. It was a solid gig with loads of hits, but I found it odd that Nile Rodgers felt the need to spend half the gig lecturing the audience on how he "invented pop music". I know he's done so much, but that's exactly why I found it odd that he did it. It was almost like he was afraid that the festival crowd would write them off as some cover band if he didn't constantly remind us that he'd been involved in writing/recording/producing all those hits. An elder statesman like him shouldn't have to do it, that's all.

DJ Shadow was at this local city festival a few weeks ago and even my mate who's been a fan since the '90s thought it was boring.  

• 3 months later...