Last Movie You Watched

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Thor: The Dark World. 6/10. Chris Hemsworth goooooood.

I'd say about 6/10 too. The first was a lot better. And what annoyed me about this one was when Thor caught the tube, asking that woman how to get from Charing Cross to Greenwich.

"Three stops on this train" she says.

WRONG

<Tube rant> At Charing Cross take the Northern Line to Waterloo, change on to the Jubilee Line to Canary Wharf, then take the DLR to Greenwhich </rant>

Or just fly. Since Thor is a God and that's what he can do...

Nooooooooooo d!! It's a raccoon and its a FANTASTIC film. ARGH love it.

Oh I enjoyed it, was a good blast but I honestly had no idea what was happening. And it was a ferret.

Made more sense than Interstellar, though... :happy001:

Is it not very good, Ive got that waiting to watch now. Watched the new dumb and dumber last night, love it. Just so much stupid.

Is it not very good, Ive got that waiting to watch now. Watched the new dumb and dumber last night, love it. Just so much stupid.

I think it was Nolan's attempt to make his "2001: A Space Odyssey" and failing. It's better than Prometheus, but that's not saying much, is it? :happy001:

The concepts in the movie aren't that hard to grasp, but the way the story pans out was quite silly in some parts, to be honest.

Was that on tv the other night? I wanted to watch it, but I have a problem, sometimes I cannot sleep and yet at other times I fall asleep when I don't want to, usually when I'm film watching!

It was. It's about a mole in the IRA who foiled numerous IRA ops. It's a true story too.

I have the same problem with films. The films on bbc in the week tend to be on late and I can't stay awake...

Edited by Spudulike

Question for Droogba - moved from General Election thread, where we were going dangerously off topic.

Droogba showed interest in Australian films. Have you ever seen a Peter Finch film called The Shiralee?

Edited by moi

Question for Droogba - moved from General Election thread, where we were going dangerously off topic.

Droogba showed interest in Australian films. Have you ever seen a Peter Finch film called The Shiralee?

I don't think I have. Sometimes though I forget things! Will have a look for it. Another Aus film I love is Opal Dream.

Watched "this is what we do in the shadows" a vampire film thing by jermaine Clement, loved it, but I loved flight of the conchords too so was a bit biased.

Here's a question for you all. Interstellar vs Gravity, which do you prefer?

Having just watched both of them of within two days I have my verdict. Interstellar is very, very good. Gravity though just blows me away every time. Gotta be Gravity for me.

Edited by Huttsey

Here's a question for you all. Interstellar vs Gravity, which do you prefer?

Having just watched both of them of within two days I have my verdict. Interstellar is very, very good. Gravity though just blows me away every time. Gotta be Gravity for me.

The Sandra Bullock factor makes it no real contest for me, love her. Although that said I'd probably still pick Gravity regardless.

I don't know if this qualifies as a movie but I watched the recent HBO documentary on Scientology (Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief), and I can unreservedly recommend it to everybody as essential viewing. It gives a great overview of how this weird Sci-Fi inspired cult became a massively wealthy tax-dodging secret society (or as they claim, a 'religion'). Some of the revelations are truly shocking, such as the prison camp where members were held captive 'voluntarily' and beaten by senior members of the church, and also former high-ranked members admitting that they actively sabotaged Tom Cruise's (who is seen as one of Scientology's most valuable assets) marriage to Nichole Kidman, and then tried to turn their kids against her to ensure Tom would get custody (the reasoning for this was something to do with Nichole Kidman's father being a respected psychologist and therefore a potential threat to the Scientologists and their wacky beliefs). That kind of behaviour is commonplace apparently, along with blackmail (using the recorded contents of members' private confessions to control them, for one example), extortion and all sorts of morally dubious behaviour. 

Both were superb, although I'm not really a fan of any of his other films.

Felt like gauging my eyes out during Jackie Brown. Total crap.

Jackie Brown and Death Proof are his directing low points but there's still enough in both to be worth a watch in my opinion. 

Not sure I can pick a favourite QT film in truth I think all of Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Part I, Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained are brilliant. 

Possibly one of the most consistent directors in terms of quality in modern cinema, not since the early days of Martin Scorsese has there been that level of consistency in my opinion.