Retractions and apologies

dkw
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I thought it would be a nice idea to start a thread to allow all the people who went massively over the top in their slagging of certain individuals within the club somewhere to post an apology or retraction. this isnt aimed at people who were questioning whether we would sign anyone and were debating sensibly about it, more the ones who just dived in two footed with some ridiculous knee jerk overreactions. Enjoy.

You really call the shots these days eh!

Just thought it would be a nice place for a certain few to post in, keep it all in one place. Not calling the shots at all, just starting a thread the same as anyone else does. Or am I not allowed to do this?

I wonder if anyone has tracked down the fat bloke who was outside Cobham with his 'Abramovich out', 'Ancelotti out' signs?

:laugh2: Im sure Sky know who he is and where he lives, if you know what I mean....

I don't recall "slagging people off", but I was certainly pessimistic about our chances of signing anyone, let alone 2 top wuality players, so I'm delighted with how it's turned out. f**k the money, you have to spend big if you want quality.

I didn't slag anyone at the club off, but I didn't think we'd sign anyone, so I suppose I was getting ready to slag them off then lol

In fairness, I think my opinion we would not get anyone was merely so that if we didn't get anyone I would have less dissapointment.

Not a retraction or apology below, but instead a reaction.

But I can say my mind has been blown by this transfer window. A world class, albeit, tempramental, out of form and injury prone striker...and an emerging defender, who we all believe has the potential to be brilliant. The only way it could've been better was if we got a midfielder to boot..but that would be selfish.

I'm delighted at this point, but it certainly hasn't blinded me to some of the issues at hand

Torres: Out of form, will he get it back? Will he avoid injuries? Obviously if those things work out positively, he will do the job if we put him in a functional formation.

Luiz: Brilliant last season, not so good this time round. Can he adapt to the EPL? I think he can, but I imagine it will take some time.

I'm also happy that Liverpool spent all the money we gave them (Suarez and Carroll) because if they kept it till the off-season they would have been able to get a few class players which would improve their squad more. However, their two strikers could very well be good business for them in the end....if they work to their potential.

I don't think it's going to sink in until I see the two new players pull on the blue shirt for the first time. If Torres plays to his ability, it could be a masterstroke...on the other hand, failure would be disastrous.

Think I might of called Gourlay a muppet once the information came out that we 'failed' to sign David Luiz and that was a bit of an overeaction but I really thought we'd end up with none this window and when I saw that Kakuta and Sturridge had been sent out on loan it made me a bit angry especially if we had ended up with none to fill their place up.

In the end we ended up with Torres and Sideshow Bob! Great stuff from Gourlay and Buck! ( Abramovich as well obviously )

oh boy how wrong I could be about all of this and I honestly will offer my biggest of apologizes to Gourlay even though he probably wont read this, but still :)

More of a confession from me, as I kept the following to myself (not ideal on a forum I know, but, I favour a display of loyalty over pessimistic posts where due).

I admit to having harboured doubts as to Romans long term commitment to the club. We did not spend a significant amount in last summers transfer window after offloading so many players and as much as I understand the need to balance our books, I really thought it was clear we needed to spend some money to plug the gap. When considering that Roman has publicly been put in the frame to assist with the Russian World Cup funding, I thought that this could be the start of a wind down in commitment in order to concentrate on his own Nations game.

Despite being over the moon with sigining of Luiz and still slightly stunned by Torres, I really didn't think this type of signing had any chance of happening whatsoever. I am more overjoyed by the fact that Roman has shown an ongoing commitment to the club even if he had spent half the money he did yesterday.

I will now say three hail Mary's and wish to be absolved!

looks like a lot of them haven't logged in yet, Dicky :)

Quelle surprise mon petit poi, quelle surprise.....

Cam, you arent the ones this was aimed at mate, you questioning them is a different thing altogether to some of the rabid overreactions we had calling for Gourlays, Bucks and even Romans head over this.

I would like to appologise for my comments regarding Sturrige. I had said that I felt he was not good enough for a starting place in the Chelsea team and that he would be better of at a club that did not have a host of proven international forwards.

:)

I never got personal but i did question the role of people who run this club, so i apologise for doubting them and am delighted they proved me wrong. Both great signings in my opinion.

Edited by 2211

I would like to appologise for my comments regarding Sturrige. I had said that I felt he was not good enough for a starting place in the Chelsea team and that he would be better of at a club that did not have a host of proven international forwards.

I have been thinking exactly the same thing, I think this window has seen us do some good business and Danny having a chance to get proper premiership experience without it costing us is good business for me, Same with Gael.

I would like to apologise for my lack of belief that we'd ever sign Torres, and for calling an overpriced, temperamentally suspect, injury prone Liverpool icon.

Face it, nobody is "worth" £50 million but that's the going rate for a world class striker so there you go. And as for his temperament, who would really be happy to play up there in front of that lot alongside the likes of the starfish and the carjacker with a semi-coherent Celtic reject as your manager? And the injury prone-ness was obviously down to Liverpool's mismanagement.

I apologise for being a smug git and for abusing fellow posters who were negative about the club, the board, Roman and the rest. It was wrong of me to sneer at their obvious inside knowledge, and I deeply regret any offense that was caused.

NOT!!!!!!!! ::MooNeY::::MooNeY::::MooNeY::::MooNeY::

I have to say, i was miffed about Chelsea umming and ahhing over what was effectively a couple of million quid for Luiz as we needed a defender more than what we needed Torres. However, i am happy to say that after concluding deals for both, it feels like all our christmas's have come at once!

Roman hadn't really displayed anything visable over the last year or two to show he was still up for the challenge, but by god, what a suprise. Ancelotti has his defender, and Roman has his star signing. I just hope that the second half of our season is a succesful one, Carlo keeps his job come the end of the season, and that we watch the kids come back from their loan spells even stronger.

I need to apologize to Solomon Kalou, I was quick to criticize the lad early on in his Chelsea career when he was still getting adjusted to the pace of English football. I now see that Solomon is a superior finisher with a powerful shot that single handedly has kept our FA Cup dream alive. Some players just need more time to show what they can really do and I see now why some people are always posting the old "give him time" line.

Sorry I ever doubted you Kalou....... :JC_doubleup: