MOTM vs Blackpool

loz

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM against Blackpool?

• Cech
    • A Cole
    • Terry
    • Luiz
    • Bosingwa
    • Essien
    • Ramires
    • Lampard
    • Drogba
    • Torres
    • Zhirkov
    • Kalou
    • McEachran
    • Malouda

Despite winning away 3-1 (which is a thoroughly satisfactory result) it is actually pretty difficult to pick a man of the match as the overall performance was somewhat flat.

The likes of Luiz, Drogba, Torres, Essien and Bosingwa were all below par (Drogba especially who seemed to come off through boredom rather than injury, and Bosingwa who was a defensive disaster on far too many occasions) and the rest were just satisfactory. Lampard probably edges it purely on the grounds of getting the brace.

I thought Ramires had a decent game as did JT and obviously Kalou, Lampard and Cech can also hold their heads up but most of the rest were below par,

I'm not sure about the 4-4-2 and Drogba and Torres are not being fed decent balls and not able to get any understanding going, there's a lot to do to find the right fit in time to save the season.

Kalou for me, he changed the game.

Really hard to decide actually. I wouldnt put this down as our worst performance by any means, just no one stood out at all for me. Fair enough lamps got two goals, but one was a pen. The second was decent movement and good finish though. Probably just go Frank, but nothing special.

Went for Lamps on this one, his second was brilliantly finished after great work from Kalou. Lamps finally looks like he's back. Honourable mentions to Essien, JT and Kalou too. I personally thought this was one of Ramires' less impressive games, he didn't do anything wrong and did his job down the right, but to me he just seemed a bit quiet.

JT with honourable mentions for Ramires, Essien and also Kalou who did some good things and some iffy things when he came on but who, in his time on the pitch, did more than Drogba and Torres put together.

I went for Lamps on the basis that he got the 2 goals and provided the cross for JT. Nobody really stood out and several were alarmingly below par, particularly Bosingwa defensively.

3 points is all that matters though.

I voted for Lamps, but like everyone else I failed to see anyone in particular shine from an overall poor performance.

I'm pleased with the three points, though. A few weeks/months ago we would have drawn or lost this so I guess I'm satisfied with that.

Gone for Frank. Getting better with every game and tonight scored the two goals that ultimately won us the match.

getting better with every game?funny some(or one in particular) was saying that not so long ago about mikel!,but seriously hutch i beg to differ mate,first half against united he was poor,first half tonight ok.i admit he improved in the second half,but imo he`s not quite back to where we need him to be.my motm was essien over the whole ninety.

getting better with every game?funny some(or one in particular) was saying that not so long ago about mikel!,but seriously hutch i beg to differ mate,first half against united he was poor,first half tonight ok.i admit he improved in the second half,but imo he`s not quite back to where we need him to be.my motm was essien over the whole ninety.

i didn't think anyone really stood out so it was more for the two goals than for his overall performance. I also think that Lampard's performances have been steadily improving since he returned from injury. So if you like "getting better with every game" is shorthand for ""although still a long way from his best, the general trend is one of continual improvement."