Random Rumours

Money

In the absence of ACTUAL transfer news, how about some speculation  

Duncan Castles: "My understanding is that Chelsea are very keen on taking Sancho. They’re keen on making a statement signing now that they are able to work in the transfer market again and have a lot of resource to spend in this window." 

Duncan Castles: "Whether that is the best way for Chelsea to go forward, I think there are internal doubts about that and maybe the money which would be involved in taking Sancho, with Borussia Dortmund asking for over €100m for him..."

Duncan Castles: "...and the player also wanting very substantial financial terms, could be invested better in a different kind of winger and money used elsewhere in this window." #CFC #Sancho

Duncan Castles: "There’s been an enquiry about Lewis Dunk at Brighton, so there’s a prospective they (Chesea) could improve at centre-back and also thinking about doing something at left-back,."

There's a real chance we are going to go through a whole season without a signing ( with all due respect to the under 18 players we have and will sign). It would be a bold and risky move, but maybe none of the real targets aren't going to move this window, and we certainly aren't taking the risk on another Drinkwater. Look on the positive side, the last team who hasn't made a deal for the whole season made the top 4, and the CL final, just saying..

4 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

There's a real chance we are going to go through a whole season without a signing ( with all due respect to the under 18 players we have and will sign). It would be a bold and risky move, but maybe none of the real targets aren't going to move this window, and we certainly aren't taking the risk on another Drinkwater. Look on the positive side, the last team who hasn't made a deal for the whole season made the top 4, and the CL final, just saying..

it is possible.  Although its entirely possible we are waiting for the final week.  negotiations will be happening, always are.  just whether the club push ahead with them

(from the bbc website)

Frank Lampard speaking with Sky Sports: "We know we have problems at the top of the pitch in terms of we dont get enough goals. If you dont score you are always liable for a sucker punch and they got it.

"If we are looking for people to bring in to the areas to win games when you are controlling it, it is scoring goals.

"We cant work anymore in training on finishing. You need to have that killer instinct in front of goal. We need to score more goals from front-line areas if we are going to get to where we want to be.

"Its quite clear from what I am saying now that we know where we need to strengthen but we shall see."

A natural LB would seem to be our top target at the moment. Based on the fact that Frank seems reluctant to play the 2 he currently has in the squad. I would also say a striker that will actually provide some competition for Tammy. Problem is that very little quality seems available right now. We will probably end up paying well over the odds for average players. Or perhaps the club will gamble on what we have while waiting until the summer when more players are available. I won't be surprised to see a panic buy or 2 😉

8 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I hope it doesn't mean that he would like to come back...

Hahaha 60m for him that summer was amazing work. He'd probably fit within the system and his pressing would give Mount a break. But he barely spoke English after 4 seasons here and was apparently a big part of the Brazilian clown crew with Costa and Kenedy so no thanks.

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Am sure he would but doubt we want him back.

Perhaps he is angling to come back to Europe though not necessarily the EPL.

11 minutes ago, JM7 said:

PSG confirmed that Cavani has handed in a transfer request. Rumours that Ath Madrid are in for him. 

Not convinced that club go for this deal either loan or permanent. Too old, high wages etc. 

I would expect Cavani to end up at Atletico rather than a culture change in the EPL.

14 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Perhaps he is angling to come back to Europe though not necessarily the EPL.

I would expect Cavani to end up at Atletico rather than a culture change in the EPL.

Where will he play at Atletico though? They already have Costa, Morata, and Felix. Oh well the weather is nice in Spain.

3 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Hahaha 60m for him that summer was amazing work. He'd probably fit within the system and his pressing would give Mount a break. But he barely spoke English after 4 seasons here and was apparently a big part of the Brazilian clown crew with Costa and Kenedy so no thanks.

And he was very average.