Random Rumours

3 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Matt Law has dismissed the links, I’d rather us wait and see how Loftus Cheek is doing first before we even consider a move for a midfielder.

Matt always has the inside knowledge as well. I'm going to be curious to see how RLC fits in. My view is that his pressing and work off the ball has always been questionable. Arguably that is Mount's strength. He brings a lot of spark to the lineup but his poor work off the ball could present a problem in the overall system.

8 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Matt Law has dismissed the links, I’d rather us wait and see how Loftus Cheek is doing first before we even consider a move for a midfielder.

He wont be quite the same after a ruptured achilles.  The entire area is weakened for one.  It can also go again very very easily.  

I took the presser in two ways.

One was we wont be doing business possibly because the targets are just cant be signed this month.  So we will wait until summer

But on the other hand Frank said "nothing close so no news today or tomorrow"  which suggests maybe something is in the works.  

If so, i think its maybe Lemar.  A loan suits us much better this month perhaps.   

Edited by RickUK

Off topic slightly, but for those on twitter, why the f**k do people take that Carefreeyouth seriously.

He is full of sh*t. Every rumour or inside info he reports is always ambiguous, can be taken either way, so no matter what happens he can say he was right.  Never ever seen him break a story before the press re. transfers.   And when he does try to act ITK - he will never name the player.  

I called him out on his lies because i seen right through them, just blocked me and had no answer for it. 

Tonight he has said something like "ive known for a while the club were considering waiting until the summer to do business"  1.  No you didnt.  2. You have made up that inside info based on the fact that the solid rumours have died down and Lampard gave nothing away in his presser   and 3.  Why the f**k did we appeal to overturn the ban if we were going to wait until the summer, which is when the ban was up anyway... right o  😆😆😆

4 hours ago, RickUK said:

Off topic slightly, but for those on twitter, why the f**k do people take that Carefreeyouth seriously.

He is full of sh*t. Every rumour or inside info he reports is always ambiguous, can be taken either way, so no matter what happens he can say he was right.  Never ever seen him break a story before the press re. transfers.   And when he does try to act ITK - he will never name the player.  

I called him out on his lies because i seen right through them, just blocked me and had no answer for it. 

Tonight he has said something like "ive known for a while the club were considering waiting until the summer to do business"  1.  No you didnt.  2. You have made up that inside info based on the fact that the solid rumours have died down and Lampard gave nothing away in his presser   and 3.  Why the f**k did we appeal to overturn the ban if we were going to wait until the summer, which is when the ban was up anyway... right o  😆😆😆

He's the same as all the others, bullsh*tting f**keit who just make stuff up, and sometimes gets close. No one on twitter knows anything, it's hilarious that people keep falling for it and believing them. 

4 hours ago, dkw said:

He's the same as all the others, bullsh*tting f**keit who just make stuff up, and sometimes gets close. No one on twitter knows anything, it's hilarious that people keep falling for it and believing them. 

He's a tool.  I never once seen him mention we were looking at Lemar for example, and then soon as its in the papers, suddenly he knows that we have asked about him to get info on price and stuff.  His inside info is so good, i have never seen him report a rumour/deal before the press.

He keeps claiming credit for CHO's new deal when he signed it, but i remember him once tweeting like  "good news going to be announced on the contract renewals soon"  people asked who and he would not answer.   Soon as RLC or CHO signed then, he was like "this is the news i was on about - i just wasnt allowed to say anything"   f**k off lol

Whatever pal 

14 hours ago, RickUK said:

He's one of those people too whose more interested in youth players playing for chelsea than he does actually supporting chelsea and wanting them to win. He's the type for example who wouldn't  of wanted us to buy a 21 year old Eden Hazard from Lille because it blocks izzy brown development.

Edited by jack_super_class
16 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

He's one of those people too whose more interested in youth players playing for chelsea than he does actually supporting chelsea and wanting them to win. He's the type for example who wouldn't  of wanted us to buy a 21 year old Eden Hazard from Lille because it blocks izzy brown development.

he blocked me on twitter because i called him out on his bullsh*t.   Everytime a rumour was in the paper, he suddenly had all the inside info, but somehow didnt mention a word of it until it was in the public domain.   I said to him, to do his pretend inside info stuff, is so easy.  Say to everyone that "player X is close to signing a new deal and it will be good news!"   but dont name the player.... then as soon as someone signs a new deal, if it goes down well with supporters and everyone is happy,  you then make out he was player X but you couldnt say anything for legal reasons etc. 

He is a sad man.  And yes, he'd rather see a team of 11 youth players week in week out, than see us win every week.  chelseayouth is the same, 

If you check his timeline, i bet nowhere does it specifically say James or Abraham are close to new deals... but if/when one of them does sign one... he will claim he knew the deal was done all along, but didnt want to say anything.   People like him are what ruins twitter during the windows

Edited by RickUK
39 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Just out of curiosity how would people feel if it was announced we was signing Jack Grealish? I know it feels like he might block Mount but I’m sure he’s someone Frank would love if he never had Mason and Ruben.

Not sure on Grealish, no doubting his attacking talent yet the question would be if he would complement the team.

41 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Nearly two weeks into the window and there hasn’t been any concrete links yet, I’m surprised considering the transfer ban.

Seems like we are biding our time and waiting for the right opportunity to come up, which makes a lot of sense.

Hopefully it's a sign we are keeping quiet to prevent Spurs gazumping us though I also think nothing is on the horizon, 

11 hours ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Just out of curiosity how would people feel if it was announced we was signing Jack Grealish? I know it feels like he might block Mount but I’m sure he’s someone Frank would love if he never had Mason and Ruben.

No thanks, spends much more time falling over than actually playing football. I think he’ll be another big fish/small pond player. 

3 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Nearly two weeks into the window and there hasn’t been any concrete links yet, I’m surprised considering the transfer ban.

Seems like we are biding our time and waiting for the right opportunity to come up, which makes a lot of sense.

Yes I think this is a worry. Every striker gets injured at some stage or another and we are hopeless without a Tammy. We do have fullback cover I guess even though the left side needs strengthening and the team needs a second goal scorer. 

11 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Or this is classic Chelsea and we are taking too long to do anything and will panic buy on the last day.

I don't actually think that is the case this season though. I'm hoping we are only going to sign players that are clear upgrades on what we currently have. I don't want us wasting money on players in this window when that money could go towards better players next season.

The lack of actions from us is a worry, you'd think after that ordinary December we'd be getting reinforcement as soon as possible, but nothing yet and looked like we may sell before buy. The only meaningful action is we got rid of Drinkwater for the next 6 months, and Giroud is as good as gone. If we wanted Ake, get him now. The attacker situation is a difficult one, looks like we aren't settling on Zaha which is good, but we are going to achieve our objectives with what we got now?

58 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

The lack of actions from us is a worry, you'd think after that ordinary December we'd be getting reinforcement as soon as possible, but nothing yet and looked like we may sell before buy. The only meaningful action is we got rid of Drinkwater for the next 6 months, and Giroud is as good as gone. If we wanted Ake, get him now. The attacker situation is a difficult one, looks like we aren't settling on Zaha which is good, but we are going to achieve our objectives with what we got now?

Big worry and despite the 3-0 win against Burnley, we certainly have issues. I am not sold on Azpi as a LB and it’s baffling Lamps is not trying to strengthen us there when there are options on the market. 
There is also a lack of creativity in the side  which he has acknowledged, I also don’t think playing Barkley deeper is a long term option till the end of the season. Mount is also going through some slump after his impressive first 10 league games which is expected. We need a “10” desperately who can create something and score, there are options on the market who can play as wingers and as a 10 but we are not moving for them.

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Or this is classic Chelsea and we are taking too long to do anything and will panic buy on the last day.

I don't actually think that is the case this season though. I'm hoping we are only going to sign players that are clear upgrades on what we currently have. I don't want us wasting money on players in this window when that money could go towards better players next season.

I agree with this, I just think we shouldnt sign a player just for the sake of getting bodies in, thats the mistake weve made in the past. If the right player isnt available then go to the end of this season then build.