Jump to content

Random Rumours


Recommended Posts


8 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I hope it doesn't mean that he would like to come back...

Hahaha 60m for him that summer was amazing work. He'd probably fit within the system and his pressing would give Mount a break. But he barely spoke English after 4 seasons here and was apparently a big part of the Brazilian clown crew with Costa and Kenedy so no thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

PSG confirmed that Cavani has handed in a transfer request. Rumours that Ath Madrid are in for him. 

Not convinced that club go for this deal either loan or permanent. Too old, high wages etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Am sure he would but doubt we want him back.

Perhaps he is angling to come back to Europe though not necessarily the EPL.

 

11 minutes ago, JM7 said:

PSG confirmed that Cavani has handed in a transfer request. Rumours that Ath Madrid are in for him. 

Not convinced that club go for this deal either loan or permanent. Too old, high wages etc. 

I would expect Cavani to end up at Atletico rather than a culture change in the EPL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Perhaps he is angling to come back to Europe though not necessarily the EPL.

 

I would expect Cavani to end up at Atletico rather than a culture change in the EPL.

Where will he play at Atletico though? They already have Costa, Morata, and Felix. Oh well the weather is nice in Spain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Hahaha 60m for him that summer was amazing work. He'd probably fit within the system and his pressing would give Mount a break. But he barely spoke English after 4 seasons here and was apparently a big part of the Brazilian clown crew with Costa and Kenedy so no thanks.

And he was very average.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

In dreamland, IMO he is the main man for his club chasing Serie A title.

Win their game in hand and they jump Inter.

 

We should be looking at his international team mate Andrea Belotti. We were heavily linked with him when we wanted Morata and he went off the boil a little after an injury, he's back in form again now and hes much more than a goalscorer to their team.

Its pretty obvious Werner is the number 1 target it but I fear the club will lose out on him because he's outscoring Lewandowski right now and if a club like Madrid or even Liverpool come calling in the summer I don't think we can compete unless we offer him obscene wages. Frank has mentioned no knee-jerk signings but it's tough in January because if you want a quality player you have to give clubs an offer they cant refuse and its unlikely any big club will sell their main assets. So you have to look at players like Belotti, Zaha or Dembele and pay over the odds so their teams can reinvest and improve their squads. Leciester selling Harry Maguire for a record fee turned out to be a good piece of business on their part even though he was seen as a important member of their squad. Though I worry that we may have left it too late because we haven't given teams much time to find replacements.

So who knows what will happen, we will probably end up taking an out of form player on loan again like we did we Higuain as I dont see the club spending a huge amount of money until the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sheva said:

We should be looking at his international team mate Andrea Belotti. We were heavily linked with him when we wanted Morata and he went off the boil a little after an injury, he's back in form again now and hes much more than a goalscorer to their team.

Its pretty obvious Werner is the number 1 target it but I fear the club will lose out on him because he's outscoring Lewandowski right now and if a club like Madrid or even Liverpool come calling in the summer I don't think we can compete unless we offer him obscene wages. Frank has mentioned no knee-jerk signings but it's tough in January because if you want a quality player you have to give clubs an offer they cant refuse and its unlikely any big club will sell their main assets. So you have to look at players like Belotti, Zaha or Dembele and pay over the odds so their teams can reinvest and improve their squads. Leciester selling Harry Maguire for a record fee turned out to be a good piece of business on their part even though he was seen as a important member of their squad. Though I worry that we may have left it too late because we haven't given teams much time to find replacements.

So who knows what will happen, we will probably end up taking an out of form player on loan again like we did we Higuain as I dont see the club spending a huge amount of money until the summer.

I'd forgotten about Belotti though do recall a couple of seasons ago he was seen as a potential signing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sheva said:

We should be looking at his international team mate Andrea Belotti. We were heavily linked with him when we wanted Morata and he went off the boil a little after an injury, he's back in form again now and hes much more than a goalscorer to their team.

Its pretty obvious Werner is the number 1 target it but I fear the club will lose out on him because he's outscoring Lewandowski right now and if a club like Madrid or even Liverpool come calling in the summer I don't think we can compete unless we offer him obscene wages. Frank has mentioned no knee-jerk signings but it's tough in January because if you want a quality player you have to give clubs an offer they cant refuse and its unlikely any big club will sell their main assets. So you have to look at players like Belotti, Zaha or Dembele and pay over the odds so their teams can reinvest and improve their squads. Leciester selling Harry Maguire for a record fee turned out to be a good piece of business on their part even though he was seen as a important member of their squad. Though I worry that we may have left it too late because we haven't given teams much time to find replacements.

So who knows what will happen, we will probably end up taking an out of form player on loan again like we did we Higuain as I dont see the club spending a huge amount of money until the summer.

I don't mind Belotti as a striker. Runs his socks off and seems to get into good areas. Be hard to get him in January though. 

Cavani on a 2 year deal I think is the best option, if we can get him. Leaving aside Higuain we've actually done alright over the years buying older strikers. Eto'o, Vialli, Zola, Hughes were all 30 plus when they signed here. Nor forgetting also that Didier Drogba monstered teams under Carlo also at 32. 

Witha striker like that playing with Tammy we could make the top four and set ourselves up to address the major issues in the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I don't mind Belotti as a striker. Runs his socks off and seems to get into good areas. Be hard to get him in January though. 

Cavani on a 2 year deal I think is the best option, if we can get him. Leaving aside Higuain we've actually done alright over the years buying older strikers. Eto'o, Vialli, Zola, Hughes were all 30 plus when they signed here. Nor forgetting also that Didier Drogba monstered teams under Carlo also at 32. 

Witha striker like that playing with Tammy we could make the top four and set ourselves up to address the major issues in the summer.

Just don't understand going for an older player like Cavani when we have Giroud.

Cavani might be more mobile yet might take a while to settle down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Just don't understand going for an older player like Cavani when we have Giroud.

Cavani might be more mobile yet might take a while to settle down.

Cavani is a better goalscorer and far more mobile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Just don't understand going for an older player like Cavani when we have Giroud.

Cavani might be more mobile yet might take a while to settle down.

I like Giroud and think he should have played more. That said Frank doesn't fancy him either due to lack of mobility or the fact he isn't a big goal scorer.

Cavani is nothing if not a goalscorer who still scored 28 goals last season before the arrival of Icardi. He has always been a hard worker and good presser. Which I think is critical for us.

Looking at the other options who might be available in January such as Piatek, Dembele. I think he is a better player still at 32. I'm also not convinced he'll be blocking us from signing perfect striking solution in the summer because it doesn't exist. Werner who you and I have discussed has his challenges and others such as Osimhen are perhaps still a bit unproven. 

Critical difference between other old strikers we've purchased is that we're not asking him to be the talisman. Merely to play a role with Tammy. I think Cavani can do that for at least two seasons from what I've seen of him in the last 12 months.

This is all assuming he is interested of course!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

First team Lampard started a transfer rumor, so there must be some interest in Cavani. There's no reason we can't play 442, especially when chasing games.

I wanted Frank to try Bats alongside Abraham in a 4-4-2 to rescue points when plan A is not working yet he has never tried it just swapping like for like.

If he plans to do this with Cavani would he be doing this because Cavani is still more mobile than Bats or more because of his football intelligence? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I wanted Frank to try Bats alongside Abraham in a 4-4-2 to rescue points when plan A is not working yet he has never tried it just swapping like for like.

If he plans to do this with Cavani would he be doing this because Cavani is still more mobile than Bats or more because of his football intelligence? 

Because Cavani is miles better as a striker than Bats. Bats needs to be sold as he clearly doesn't fit in with what we need.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With a week to go, it seriously looking like nothing will happen, or a panic buy on the deadline day. There's not even a remotely decent Chelsea rumor at moment, Cavani deal is possible but looks like we have offer him something special to get him. Maybe with the lose the club made last year, we didn't have much money to spend, and we are selling before buying.

Edited by icecoolguy22
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...