Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, DJSankiller007 said:

People say we need a goal scoring midfielder than we should bring this guy back already proven in prem I bet he is still better than Barkley and can make better forward passes than Jorginho who most of the time does sideways.

I would sell Drinkwater and Barkley to have him back he is perfect for Sarriball.

Imagine a midfield of :

Kante/ Kovacic

Loftus cheek                                               Oscar

I imagine our rivals would love that midfield to become a reality.

2 hours ago, DJSankiller007 said:

People say we need a goal scoring midfielder than we should bring this guy back already proven in prem I bet he is still better than Barkley and can make better forward passes than Jorginho who most of the time does sideways.

I would sell Drinkwater and Barkley to have him back he is perfect for Sarriball.

Imagine a midfield of :

Kante/ Kovacic

No thanks.  Kante or Kovacic as the regista?  Maybe Kovacic could do it but unlikely.  It wouldn't work.  We need Jorginho there as long as Sarri is here, especially while he is still implementing Sarriball and teaching his system.

4 hours ago, DJSankiller007 said:

Imagine a midfield of :

Kante/ Kovacic

Jorginho is our main ball player in centre mid, of course he passes sideways at times. 

We need goalscoring midfielders to compliment him but we need more strength & physicality, an Essien style player would be ideal (in his peak years).

8 hours ago, DJSankiller007 said:

Imagine a midfield of :

Kante/ Kovacic

No thanks. In my view one of the most inconsistent and frustrating players to have played with us in the Roman era.

We need to moving on our Brazilian clique, not rebuilding it. Bad enough that we resigned Luiz.

In terms of looking for a striker who actually fits Sarri's possession-based system, you could do worse than Wissam Ben Yedder for a couple of years.

He won't be winning too many foot races or aerial duels, but his movement is pretty good (roughly Morata-level), he's a much better finisher than anybody we have (on both feet, no less) and his ball control is excellent so he won't have as many issues with deep defences as somebody like Lukaku does.

His passing and team-play is also good enough to set others up - he has 5 assists in La Liga this term. 

Only difficulty is that he's a bit lazy RE pressing and tracking back.

His Sevilla team-mate Andre Silva has higher upside, but he's IMO not as developed a striker. 

19 hours ago, Argo said:

Hirving Lozano rumours are starting to build a bit of a momentum.

I quite like the look of what i have seen of him and defiantly strikes me as someone who could grow further under Sarri's management.

With respect, I'm not certain that Lozano is right for Sarri's Chelsea.

IMO his movement/finishing are below Callejon/Pedro's level and he lacks the work ethic/energy to really play the 'Callejon role'.

Technically he is quite unrefined compared to Willian/Hazard. His passing isn't very good and he relies on pace/acceleration to burn players rather than his dribbling (which is IMO just decent).

He can also be quite selfish.

He has been compared to a budget Salah/Robben and I can see why - his pace/acceleration would make him very dangerous in a counter-attacking side (which Sarri's Chelsea is predominantly not) but the latter two are more gifted technically. 

For the Callejon role I would prefer someone like Thauvin and for the Willian/Hazard role someone like Thorgan would IMO be a good choice if we can't find a half-decent striker.

Edited by DaRick
Further clarification

It seems to me we have the entire planet to go and scout and generally end up with dross when it comes to strikers; clearly we haven't got the right people looking in the right places....I really hope the New Year brings a new beginning when it comes to buying a striker. 

2 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

It seems to me we have the entire planet to go and scout and generally end up with dross when it comes to strikers; clearly we haven't got the right people looking in the right places....I really hope the New Year brings a new beginning when it comes to buying a striker. 

Agree, strange as in previous times we did make good signings pre Mourinho's second stint.

On 01/01/2019 at 11:43, CFCCAN said:

This is so incredibly spot on, it's not just the "dross" that's the issue, it's same/repeated dross we keep buying.  I haven't posted in here for awhile, but the last time I did I brought up the fact that Morata was too similar to Torres in the way he plays.  Torres never worked and neither will Morata unfortunately.

I think it's fairly obvious that an "off the shoulder", "Get in behind" type of striker doesn't really suit us and a "hold the ball up" or "powerhouse" striker does!  You only need to look at our most successful periods (of recent times) with Drogba and Costa up front to see that!  Which makes you think why can't the powers that be see that?

I know it may be difficult with what is available in today's market, but 2 season's ago £70m could have bought us a much better suited striker than Morata.

3 minutes ago, Evoann62 said:

This is so incredibly spot on, it's not just the "dross" that's the issue, it's same/repeated dross we keep buying.  I haven't posted in here for awhile, but the last time I did I brought up the fact that Morata was too similar to Torres in the way he plays.  Torres never worked and neither will Morata unfortunately.

I think it's fairly obvious that an "off the shoulder", "Get in behind" type of striker doesn't really suit us and a "hold the ball up" or "powerhouse" striker does!  You only need to look at our most successful periods (of recent times) with Drogba and Costa up front to see that!  Which makes you think why can't the powers that be see that?

I know it may be difficult with what is available in today's market, but 2 season's ago £70m could have bought us a much better suited striker than Morata.

I'm beginning to think that the days of the 'robust' strikers are slowly disappearing as everyone wants to play this 'tika, take' type of sh*t possession based football, the days of having a strong forward clattering into a centre half and bullying there way into the box are few and far between; Troy Deeney is about the only one that's left.

16 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

I'm beginning to think that the days of the 'robust' strikers are slowly disappearing as everyone wants to play this 'tika, take' type of sh*t possession based football, the days of having a strong forward clattering into a centre half and bullying there way into the box are few and far between; Troy Deeney is about the only one that's left.

You're right, but tiki-taka football is all good as long as you don't become Arsenal and try to pass the ball into the net! Which appears to be our game plan in the last two games at least. 

1 hour ago, the special one said:

We would be stupid, but £40m would pay for Lozano.

Im sure we can afford that 40m without having to sell CHO for it though..

infact, we can easily make 40m just from selling a few of our players currently who are out on loan like Bakayoko and Baba just to name 2.. Not to mention players currently in our squad like Drinkwater, Cesc, Willian/Pedro (one of them), Moses, Zappa, Piazon... 

We can easily make 40m from selling a few of those

Edited by PimpThanos

25 minutes ago, PimpThanos said:

Im sure we can afford that 40m without having to sell CHO for it though..

infact, we can easily make 40m just from selling a few of our players currently who are out on loan like Bakayoko and Baba just to name 2.. Not to mention players currently in our squad like Drinkwater, Cesc, Willian/Pedro (one of them), Moses, Zappa, Piazon... 

We can easily make 40m from selling a few of those

Exactly. Why let one of our prize jewels go when we have several players that seem to be surplus to requirements and could still fetch something in the market. Also don't we really need to start selling some of these players on loan before the new rules come into play next season?

Just now, forbzy said:

Exactly. Why let one of our prize jewels go when we have several players that seem to be surplus to requirements and could still fetch something in the market. Also don't we really need to start selling some of these players on loan before the new rules come into play next season?

Exactly. And yes it seems that we do, Ive never been a fan of this insane loan system where we buy and immediately loan out 35-40 players a season, so im glad thats coming to a stop. I Imagine that if we cant sell these players, a lot of them are going to end up being released as they just wont have space in our club

Just now, PimpThanos said:

Exactly. And yes it seems that we do, Ive never been a fan of this insane loan system where we buy and immediately loan out 35-40 players a season, so im glad thats coming to a stop. I Imagine that if we cant sell these players, a lot of them are going to end up being released as they just wont have space in our club

Unfortunately (I'm hoping it is just a rumour) Sky Germany just reported that CHO has handed in a transfer request and wants to move to Bayern. I'm sure some will say that he expects too much playing time from the club given his age. But he has no doubt watched the limited time extended to other players from the academy and decided he may get more opportunities elsewhere (no doubt looking at Sancho for example).

8 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Unfortunately (I'm hoping it is just a rumour) Sky Germany just reported that CHO has handed in a transfer request and wants to move to Bayern. I'm sure some will say that he expects too much playing time from the club given his age. But he has no doubt watched the limited time extended to other players from the academy and decided he may get more opportunities elsewhere (no doubt looking at Sancho for example).

It'll be a massive shame if we do end up selling him, however if we do recieve a handsome fee for him I hope at the very least we can at least insert a buy-back clause into the arrangement. If we cant even do that, then I want at least 50-60m for CHO as anything less than that without a buyback seems unreasonable

14 minutes ago, PimpThanos said:

It'll be a massive shame if we do end up selling him, however if we do recieve a handsome fee for him I hope at the very least we can at least insert a buy-back clause into the arrangement. If we cant even do that, then I want at least 50-60m for CHO as anything less than that without a buyback seems unreasonable

Agreed. The only positive I can see here is if a move like this ultimately leads to CHO getting a genuine chance to develop as a player and gain top level first team experience before returning to us. 

3 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Agreed. The only positive I can see here is if a move like this ultimately leads to CHO getting a genuine chance to develop as a player and gain top level first team experience before returning to us. 

Exactly, in which case I dont mind if the deal goes through. But there'sjust no guarantee that CHO will come back to us

It's a shame that CHO got injured when he did. This would've been the exact run in he needed to showcase to Sarri what he can possibly become. Willian off injured, Pedro injured, RLC not feeling 100%, Giroud injured: hopefully he can get healthy very soon so we can see him this weekend. Last thing I want, as a Chelsea supporter, is to see him go to Germany and flourish and never play for Chelsea again. Also, on the other hand, I'd love to see him go somewhere and take Europe by storm -- obviously I'd prefer that he would just do that in Chelsea blue.