Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I think if Giroud and Morata continue scoring the next few weeks we won't buy anyone until the summer.

Re Wilson he plays in a 4-4-2 with Josh King with us it would be a different set up and I think for the money we spent (for me £50m) it would relegate the others to the bench.

Here's a clip of his goals a reasonable variety of finishes.

Not convinced about his movement or technique at this stage, plus he's not exactly known for his aerial prowess. 

As impressive as they have been, performing well for a club like Bournemouth is very different to performing for a club like Chelsea. Against Chelsea, defences drop deeper and organise themselves more effectively so close control in tight spaces, smart movement to drag defenders out of shape or the ability to fire in a header is important. 

Callum Wilson is more like the super-sub you'd bring on to poach a goal against exploit tired legs, but even then Morata has executed that role fairly well in the past. 

I'm not interested in another stop gap. We either do something crazy and sign somebody good enough right now, or we stick with what we have until the summer. When was the last time a striker signed in January actually ended up being great straight away? Even Suarez had a slow start when he first signed for Liverpool.

12 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

He was literally giving his opinion.

There is literally no possible way you could know he was just giving his opinion. 

::MooNeY::

He could replace Giroud who I believe is out of contract in the summer but unless Morata continues his upward curve in form for the rest of the season, we’d still need a proper first choice striker. 

5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Played it as if it was a matter of fact.

When somebody says such-and-such would be a great signing, as they do all the time, they are stating their opinion.

If I say Messi would be a great signing and would bang in 30 goals a season, that is an opinion.

If I say Messi scored 30 goals last season, then I'm playing it as a fact.

And that's a fact. Quite literally.

Marko Arnautovic and his agent have said he may seek a move elsewhere, possibly as early as January as he feels he is the right age to move to a big club and that he wants to challenge himself with the best players. 

Been tentative rumours linking us to him before although Manchester United are apparently favourites to sign him (and we all know how well the last 29 year old signed in January worked out for Jose's United). 

I’d love Callum Wilson. Great player imo, and even if he won’t be first choice he’d still make a great second choice.

I think it would be a smart move, there’s rumours about Giroud leaving in January so Wilson would be a decent replacement, and see how he works out. If he doesn’t turn out better than Morata then I guess we can replace Morata with a big money move in summer.

If it was a simple choice between Arnautovic and Callum Wilson it would be Arnautovic any day of the week, Arnautovic is as close to a replacement for Diego as we're likely to find. I think he'd be a more than adequate replacement for Batshuayi but the question I ask myself about Callum Wilson is whether I could see him playing in a Champions League final, the answer is a resounding no.

7 hours ago, the special one said:

the question I ask myself about Callum Wilson is whether I could see him playing in a Champions League final, the answer is a resounding no.

I can picture Morata playing in a Champions League final... scoring even.

On 06/11/2018 at 21:28, hclundgren said:

feel as if willian's time at chelsea is coming to an end with the rumours linking him to barca-would like to see him stay for a couple more seasons ,still a great asset to the club i think

Yh, Cant see him turning down Barca tbh. Wasnt he even close to Joining United in the Summer?

On 14/11/2018 at 11:36, dansubrosa said:

I’d love Callum Wilson. Great player imo, and even if he won’t be first choice he’d still make a great second choice.

I think it would be a smart move, there’s rumours about Giroud leaving in January so Wilson would be a decent replacement, and see how he works out. If he doesn’t turn out better than Morata then I guess we can replace Morata with a big money move in summer.

Wilson's purple patch shouldnt cloud your judgements. Form is temporary. Class is permanent. Lets see him be consistent throughout  the season first

On 05/11/2018 at 12:23, Lucashm said:

I want Thauvin

I’m beginning to warm to this idea.  Left footed and plays on the right.  Creative and has a decent shot on him.  Can also put in a cross with his right.  He is 26 though, so I would prefer someone a couple years younger.

I think Thauvin and Depay are the 2 players who could come back to the PL and be very good, in the same mold as Salah but obviously unlikely to score as many.

We got to be back in for Alex Sandro surely. He said recently he would like to play in the PL. City have been linked to him, and we were linked in the past. It would be a big missed opportunity if we didn't make a real effort to sign him. Alonso needs an upgrade. Emerson could do that job, but he is still an unknown quantity. With Sandro we know he's world class talent.