Random Rumours

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

Have people forgotten how bad Michy was here? We are in for a nasty surprise if we are pinning our hopes on him this season.

We are not doing anything of note this season unless we sign a top class striker before the window close.

I've not forgotten and have said before that sending him out on loan was definitely the best thing to do at the time - he improved a lot in Germany and I hope he can maintain that standard for us this season.

I still think Morata is the better player overall. If we start the season with Morata, Michy and Giroud as striking options I wouldn't be too unhappy.

1 hour ago, bluedave said:

I've not forgotten and have said before that sending him out on loan was definitely the best thing to do at the time - he improved a lot in Germany and I hope he can maintain that standard for us this season.

I still think Morata is the better player overall. If we start the season with Morata, Michy and Giroud as striking options I wouldn't be too unhappy.

If we want to finish in the top four those three won't be good enough.

And he was horrendous in both and then had the worst ever Chelsea striker-performance shortly thereafter against Palace away.

You don't get unlimited amount of chances at a top club. 

Brilliant, we're writing people off after two back-to-back starts now. Got it. Worst Chelsea striker performance? Torres and Morata would have several things to say about that. 

1 hour ago, bluedave said:

Your avatar looks like it's watching two of those three playing. Lol

10 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Brilliant, we're writing people off after two back-to-back starts now. Got it. Worst Chelsea striker performance? Torres and Morata would have several things to say about that. 

Yes, we can when it's obvious the quality isn't there.
Drinkwater only got a couple of starts in a row last season as well, we can all easily see he isn't Chelsea-quality.
Quality players deliver when they get a chance.

Go watch those three games again and come back to me. Even Morata changed the game completely when he came on for Michy against Burnley.

Btw, Higuain confirmed in todays press conference with AC Milan that Sarri wanted him here.
So clearly the manager isn't overly confident in the strikers we have at the club at the moment either.

Edited by Sindre
5 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Yes, we can when it's obvious the quality isn't there.
Drinkwater only got a couple of starts in a row last season as well, we can all easily see he isn't Chelsea-quality.
Quality players deliver when they get a chance.

Go watch those three games again and come back to me. Even Morata changed the game completely when he came on for Michy against Burnley.

Btw, Higuain confirmed in todays press conference with AC Milan that Sarri wanted him here.
So clearly the manager isn't overly confident in the strikers we have at the club at the moment either.

How is he scoring so many goals for literally every single other club he's at if the quality isn't there? Have you thought that perhaps it was just Conte's tactics that didn't suit him?

Salah didn't deliver with the chances he got. KdB didn't deliver with the chances he got. A change of manager and they're both now world class. Would be beyond stupid to sell him because he didn't work for 3 games under a manager that clearly didn't want to play him anyway. 

Even with the vast majority of his appearances coming on for the last 5 minutes to run a game down he still managed 19 goals in 53 games with Conte. More than a goal every third game. That's already better than Morata's goal every 0.31 for Chelsea last year. 

Sarri apparently wants Vecino too, does that mean he isn't confident in either Kante or Jorginho? Its called depth. 

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

How is he scoring so many goals for literally every single other club he's at if the quality isn't there? Have you thought that perhaps it was just Conte's tactics that didn't suit him?

Salah didn't deliver with the chances he got. KdB didn't deliver with the chances he got. A change of manager and they're both now world class. Would be beyond stupid to sell him because he didn't work for 3 games under a manager that clearly didn't want to play him anyway. 

Even with the vast majority of his appearances coming on for the last 5 minutes to run a game down he still managed 19 goals in 53 games with Conte. More than a goal every third game. That's already better than Morata's goal every 0.31 for Chelsea last year. 

Sarri apparently wants Vecino too, does that mean he isn't confident in either Kante or Jorginho? Its called depth. 

Go have a look at who he scores against. Lower league sides and relegation fodder.

And let's not be ridiculous, he didn't want Higuain for depth clearly. Higuain is multiple levels above any striker we have at the club. And we already have three strikers at the club for one position. Depth isn't needed.
Quality however is.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Go have a look at who he scores against. Lower league sides and relegation fodder.

And let's not be ridiculous, he didn't want Higuain for depth clearly. Higuain is multiple levels above any striker we have at the club. And we already have three strikers at the club for one position. Depth isn't needed.
Quality however is.

Last year Aguero played 28 games and scored 23 goals. Only 2 of those goals came against a top 6 team (Arsenal/Liverpool). 

Would you take him as our striker or claim he only scores and lower league sides and relegation fodder?

We have other players that are match winners, we need a striker that can simply finish chances. Exactly what Batshuayi does.

Quality however is.

Yeah if it was an eating competition...

3 hours ago, Sindre said:

He's only had Morata and Tammy available to see play.

2 minutes ago, zes said:

Think he wants a class AM to provide goals from midfield 

Yeah none of the midfielders we currently have has goals in them. Still don’t understand why we passed on the Golovin deal when it was done at £25m. Vidal has signed for Barca, and could have been a short term option.

Fekir will be ideal, Aouar from Lyon has immense potential and  Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon is attractive because of the issues the club is facing. Have a sneaking feeling we might end up bidding for Ramsey.

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

Yeah none of the midfielders we currently have has goals in them. Still don’t understand why we passed on the Golovin deal when it was done at £25m. Vidal has signed for Barca, and could have been a short term option.

Fekir will be ideal, Aouar from Lyon has immense potential and  Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon is attractive because of the issues the club is facing. Have a sneaking feeling we might end up bidding for Ramsey.

I believe I read somewhere that Fernandes ended up resigning for Sporting.  Shame, I think he could’ve been a good fit for our midfield and could have came on a free.

6 hours ago, ducavis said:

Ramsey will do an Ozil and hold out for a massive new contract from Arsenal...of the AM out there Fakir is probably the best available...just hope his knees hold out...

Reports out there that we are accelerating talks with Lyon for Fekir.  Not sure how reliable the source (France Football) is, but I find it a little too convenient that this report comes out the day before we play them.

Edited by mwblue10

If we are going to sign an attacking midfielder then I hope it’s Aaron Ramsey. A great little player, will fit right in with Sarri’s style considering he has learnt his trade at Arsenal with their football identity. 

Hes also a proven goal scorer. Can’t be too expensive either, maybe 25/30m? I’m all for it.

21 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

If we are going to sign an attacking midfielder then I hope it’s Aaron Ramsey. A great little player, will fit right in with Sarri’s style considering he has learnt his trade at Arsenal with their football identity. 

Hes also a proven goal scorer. Can’t be too expensive either, maybe 25/30m? I’m all for it.

No more so than Barkley, only really had one outstanding goal scoring season and that was 5 years ago.