Random Rumours

I’m seeing some reports out of Spain that we are looking at Kepa
He's good but *very* young. It'd be a hell of a gamble taking a young kid away from home like that. Maybe if we bought him this year, loaned him out like we did Courtois and played Willy this year it might make sense but I'd be concerned if we were to make honour number one this year.
Just now, TheFunkeyGibbon said:
55 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

He's good but *very* young. It'd be a hell of a gamble taking a young kid away from home like that. Maybe if we bought him this year, loaned him out like we did Courtois and played Willy this year it might make sense but I'd be concerned if we were to make honour number one this year.

He's 23 nearly 24. Hardly a young kid by any standard. Courtois had won league titles in 3 different countries by that age. 

He signed a contract extension in January which upped his buy out clause to €70m or €80m. 

1 minute ago, big blue said:

He's 23 nearly 24. Hardly a young kid by any standard. Courtois had won league titles in 3 different countries by that age. 

He signed a contract extension in January which upped his buy out clause to €70m or €80m. 

Exactly - certainly not a player we would buy and then loan.  Very expensive, doubtful to happen.  Not sure we want it to anyways?

5 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

‘15-‘16 was bad, yes, but he’s made 49 and 39 appearances the past 2 seasons, respectively.

Always a risk. My view is that he is worth it. He scores goals and crucially he presses from the front. Which we desperately need. He's also left footed which opens up lots of different options. 

What I have always liked about him most is he has that Hazard style low centre of gravity which makes him strong on the ball and good at receiving back to goal.

So the sun, I know I know amazing source, claim fekir wont play against us on Tuesday as he is about to sign for us and that kovacic is awol at real to force a move to us, possibly a swap for tibo?

How would our midfield and attack look if all that is true?

Kante----jorginho-----kovacic

Fekir-----------hazard

Giroud?

5 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I am sure we are a looking at a number of keeper options but I will be surprised if we manage to sign Kepa by Thursday. He will command a large transfer fee for a start. but we can hope...

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

I can't even entertain it tbh. It's about as likely to happen as us winning the CL

We will maybe sign another keeper but that's about it.

I am with you, but lets just enjoy the excitement led by disappointment

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

So the sun, I know I know amazing source, claim fekir wont play against us on Tuesday as he is about to sign for us and that kovacic is awol at real to force a move to us, possibly a swap for tibo?

Fekir-----------hazard

Giroud?

No chance of this happening, we will be lucky if we get 1 more player by the end of this window.

2 hours ago, RickUK said:

I am with you, but lets just enjoy the excitement led by disappointment

for this to happen we would also have to offload 2 non-homegrown players before the window closes. Assuming Tibo is one of them we would presumably also need to sign another keeper. That would certainly be a whirlwind of activity if ot happened.

10 hours ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:
11 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Willy Cabelero is a poor goalkeeper that will cost us points. We must get someone or we will not qualify for the champions league with him in goal. Personally I wouldn’t even have him as our numbers two I’d have Bulka 

9 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Fekir-----------hazard

Giroud?

Don’t forget Lewandowski...

17 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

Fekir or Kovacic? Who'd be more suitable to our needs?

If we sign Kovacic I'm sure we'd have a solid midfield but I'm still not sure where the goals are coming from, something Fekir would perhaps give us. As unrealistic as it may be I'd hope we sign both (though I'd prefer Traore to Fekir personally).

How is another defensive midfielder more needed than Fekir? Do you forget that we've got the best player in the world on that position and top 5 player in the world at all? We need someone with hustle but also improvisation and offensive skills. Kovacis is not that man. Having him and Kante in the middle is going to hurt our creativity by a lot. 

Ramsey or Fekir - that's what I'm hoping for. 

But hey... are there even a rumors about these two? 

Edited by Giordano_Bruno
11 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

Bertrand Traore?

Sorry yes Bertrand Traore - from what I've seen of Fekir he does have talent and moments of individual brilliance but I still have doubts about his workrate. For me that's why I'd prefer Bertrand Traore, he'd give us a goal threat similar to Callejon and also put in a shift for the team down the flank.

GK (no idea, Kepa?)
Zappacosta - Christensen - Rudiger - Azpi
Kante - Jorginho - Kovacic
B Traore - Giroud - Hazard