Random Rumours

2 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Zaha adds nothing we don't already have. He is a poor man's Hazard and will block the progress of CHO. He primarily plays on the left and given his style would be much less effective on the right.

He'd be an enormous waste of money.

He's a different player, Hazard uses trickery and great dribbling, Zaha uses pace and body strength both tend to shoot on the angle. Fair point about CHO yet do we do know what type of striker Sarri likes?

The only one I have seen mentioned is Higuaín who does not score many with his head, more running onto passes.

Palace just added 2 midfield options so doubt they want drinkwater. 

I see it more likely as this, Roy would still want ruben but we wont sell him. So a loan, and a dark horse exchange here of Cahill. Now I know that seems unlikely but if Gary can get a 3 year deal at palace where he is on one year deals here and may be restricted to the bench a move and staying in London may appeal. We have too many at the back anyways and they get a leader. Or if they don't want him another one sarri may be willing to let go is Zouma. Either way 15mill of the fee for Cahill, 25mill for zouma and say 5mill loan fee for ruben. Then just a matter of if we are willing to pay the difference palace want.

Same time if willian pisses the club off and if we get Zaha I can see us just selling him to United and going with hazard, pedro, zaha and cho.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

He's a different player, Hazard uses trickery and great dribbling, Zaha uses pace and body strength both tend to shoot on the angle. Fair point about CHO yet do we do know what type of striker Sarri likes?

The only one I have seen mentioned is Higuaín who does not score many with his head, more running onto passes.

More a point about where they play. Both do their best work in the left channel. Same issue I have with the Martial signing. 

Our striker in my view is largely about one touch finishing. Both Higuain and Mertens excelled in that area. To combat our style teams will mostly sit deep and make us play around them. What will be needed is someone who can make a pocket of space and finish the chance they get. Zaha isn't that player in my view.

7 hours ago, RickUK said:

Only possibility of a Zaha deal involves RLC, of that I would be absolutely certain.  And i dont think RLC gets into our side this season

Or Drinkwater/Cahill which I'd be more than happy with.

They are aiming to sign Meyer on £180k a week so they my be forced to sell Zaha

Edited by PedroMendez

Zaha would be disappointing. 

He dribbles with eyes closed, while team mates are screaming for the ball. I can't imagine he is a player you would enjoy playing with. 

Maybe he wouldn't try to do it all by himself, if he were surrounded by better players. I don't think he has shown enough ability to take that chance, especially for a club record fee. 

He would be an interesting option, but he would definitely not be an improvement.

6 minutes ago, big blue said:

He dribbles with eyes closed, while team mates are screaming for the ball. I can't imagine he is a player you would enjoy playing with. 

Maybe he wouldn't try to do it all by himself, if he were surrounded by better players. I don't think he has shown enough ability to take that chance, especially for a club record fee. 

He would be an interesting option, but he would definitely not be an improvement.

I think over the course of a season, he would give you more than either Willian or Pedro. But if one or both of them are staying and with the emergence of Hudson-Odoi, I really don't want anything to hamper his delevlopment, as I can see an exciting season ahead for him but not if he slips down the pecking order.

11 minutes ago, big blue said:

Failed at Man Utd and had to come back to his level.

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Have people forgotten how bad Michy was here? We are in for a nasty surprise if we are pinning our hopes on him this season.

We are not doing anything of note this season unless we sign a top class striker before the window close.

He wasn't bad, Conte just didn't know how to use him. I'd like to see you sit on the bench for 3 months and come on for 1 game and prove yourself. Michy proved at every other club he has been at that he's a consistent goal scorer. Top scorer if he leads the line for Chelsea next season, watch. 

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

He wasn't bad, Conte just didn't know how to use him. I'd like to see you sit on the bench for 3 months and come on for 1 game and prove yourself. Michy proved at every other club he has been at that he's a consistent goal scorer. Top scorer if he leads the line for Chelsea next season, watch. 

He couldn't control a football mate. Or pass the ball. He struggles with the basics.

He got chances early last season when Morata was injured or suspended and was so poor for multiple games that the manager would rather play with a false nine than have Bats on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

He couldn't control a football mate. Or pass the ball. He struggles with the basics.

He got chances early last season when Morata was injured or suspended and was so poor for multiple games that the manager would rather play with a false nine than have Bats on the pitch.

Amazing that a footballer that is so bad at the very basics of football can average a goal nearly every other game. Pretty sure he was given about 2 starts from what i remember. Community shield and then Burnley. Yeah Conte gave him loads of opportunities...

Give him Morata's starts and he scores more. Simple. 

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

I think over the course of a season, he would give you more than either Willian or Pedro. But if one or both of them are staying and with the emergence of Hudson-Odoi, I really don't want anything to hamper his delevlopment, as I can see an exciting season ahead for him but not if he slips down the pecking order.

I think that 1st sentence is highly debatable. 

Willian and Pedro have both put up similar numbers to zaha over the past 3 seasons, despite playing a lot less minutes. 

This is just the numbers, it doesn't take into account zaha dribbling down blind alleys like the monk from mean machine. 

Zaha has played on a weaker side, but on the flip side, Willian and Pedro haven't had a team built around them.

Zaha might improve, and Willian and Pedro will naturally decline, but is it really a big enough upgrade to warrant such a big layout? 

46 minutes ago, big blue said:

I think that 1st sentence is highly debatable. 

Willian and Pedro have both put up similar numbers to zaha over the past 3 seasons, despite playing a lot less minutes. 

This is just the numbers, it doesn't take into account zaha dribbling down blind alleys like the monk from mean machine. 

Zaha has played on a weaker side, but on the flip side, Willian and Pedro haven't had a team built around them.

Zaha might improve, and Willian and Pedro will naturally decline, but is it really a big enough upgrade to warrant such a big layout? 

I think we've already had this debate Big Blue in the Hazard thread a while back. I think at the time, I was saying that Zaha would be an option if we lost 2 of Hazard, Willian & Pedro.

I recall being ridiculed by a few (and to be fair I'm not totally convinced with Zaha myself). BUT, he IS decent. The more money you had to stump up the more of a gamble it would be and it does look like Palace would hold out for around £70M which sounds outrageous but that's modern day football for you. I still maintain that he would give better value than City have got with Mahrez and I do think he would win us more points than Pedro and Willian. Can't be denied that with No Zaha last season, Palace would now be in the Championship - he WAS that much of a difference.

All that said, I would still rather we see a lot more of Hudson-Odoi this season and keep the money in the bank. 

Edited by Nibs
58 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Amazing that a footballer that is so bad at the very basics of football can average a goal nearly every other game. Pretty sure he was given about 2 starts from what i remember. Community shield and then Burnley. Yeah Conte gave him loads of opportunities...

Give him Morata's starts and he scores more. Simple. 

And he was horrendous in both and then had the worst ever Chelsea striker-performance shortly thereafter against Palace away.

You don't get unlimited amount of chances at a top club.