Goodbye & Good Luck Nico

Gem

More often a hit than miss, always professional and a class act. I felt very underwhelmed when we signed him but looking back through the photos reminded me just how good a player he is - we will miss him. The last player on the field you want taking penalties but one of the first you want taking on a shot at an acute angle, how he ever scored from some of the positions he took up I'll never know - class!

So anyway, thank you Nico for the goals, the service, the trophies and the effort.

87446392.jpg

91964822.jpg

98936271.jpg

83525333.jpg

82391732.jpg

106489885.jpg

103529015.jpg

106515022.jpg

90982332.jpg

106440105.jpg

88031682.jpg

More to follow...

Good luck to him! ::ChELSeAFaN:::good2:::clap2::

Scored 59 goals for us in various competitions and played his part throughout.

Hopefully we do our business early and go for some really exciting prospects. We need to act fast.

Thanks for everything Nico, all in all I would say a good buy and a good servant to the club. I also think it speaks volumes for many at the club that Nico has said it was the happiest period of his football career.

Thanks for the memories and the goals nico.

Decent signing and dangerous striker. Still think he would be our best finisher at the club, however i didnt like it when we played him out wide as he slowed the play far to much.

15 mill was not a bad bit of business all things considered.

Good luck getting to grips with sweet and sour dog.

Thanks for your loyal service to the club - you will be sorely missed. And if the press reports are true concerning the Xmas lunch at Cobham, some of us are genuinely embarrassed by the paltry conduct of the club. All the best for the rest of your career.

I'll always remember that thunderbolt of a goal that secured him the golden boot in 2009. Oh, and the goals he scored against Wigan in the final match of the double winning season.

Thanks for all the goals and good luck!

The thing I remember most about him was away to Preston a few years ago. We had seats right on the edge of the pitch, and he kept taking their full back apart about 10 yards away from where I sat. It was like having a private training session with Nico showing us how to beat a man, then beat him again, and again, and again etc...

I will miss you nico! Thanks for everything and I wish you all the best in China.

My personal memory of you that will never be forgotten was when you made it 1-1 vs wba at the bridge, glad I got to see you score live from the Shed!