Lazar Markovic - 17 year old with a dream to move to Chelsea

blizeH
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/883895-lazar-markovic-delivers-liverpool-snub-by-revealing-chelsea-dream#ixzz1jLXfyto2

The 17-year-old striker is being followed by a host of clubs across the world, and is largely recognised as one of the most exciting young prospects in Europe.

The Reds have previously been accredited with a keen interest in Markovic, who has six goals in 13 appearances this season, but the youngster has revealed he only has eyes for Stamford Bridge.

‘I really hope I can go to Chelsea, it's my dream,’ said Markovic.

‘I'm told there were 20 scouts from all over Europe in the VIP box when we beat Red Star.

‘But Chelsea is the place I want to play. I had all the pictures of the team on my wall at home back to when they had Gianfranco Zola.

‘And any time they are on TV I try to watch them. For me Chelsea are the best.

‘I want to go to the Premier League. It is the best league in the world.’

This guy, to me, looks like the real deal. Incredibly quick footballing brain and even quicker feet. Apparently his work ethic is absolutely superb too, both in training and on the pitch.

I say we break the bank to get this guy, loan him to Swansea, recall him when he's 25 and we've totally buggered his career, and set him up with his own carpet cleaning business.

On a serious note, my missus will fancy him. I don't want him anywhere near us.

I say we break the bank to get this guy, loan him to Swansea, recall him when he's 25 and we've totally buggered his career, and set him up with his own carpet cleaning business. On a serious note, my missus will fancy him. I don't want him anywhere near us.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

• 1 month later...

i will be pretty pissed if serbia's brightest prospect at the moment goes abroad at such a young age. especially since i feel he wont even get a sniff at first team football for the 1st 2 seasons (at least)

i will be pretty pissed if serbia's brightest prospect at the moment goes abroad at such a young age. especially since i feel he wont even get a sniff at first team football for the 1st 2 seasons (at least)

he might get a game in the europa

• 9 months later...

I would really rather us not sign him when he's only 18 still, though I am pretty pleased that a player from my local club is being linked with Chelsea.

Are you afraid he's not good enough yet? Well, if the rumours are to be believed, he's being loaned out anyway. 

Are you afraid he's not good enough yet? Well, if the rumours are to be believed, he's being loaned out anyway. 

That would be a good idea but he seems to play in a position that we're currently well stocked in.

Edited by Teritus

Another young talent. I really wonder where we're going to be in 2-3 years time. Our youth squad is overflowing with talent, and this adds to it. We have something like 22 young players out on loan, we opposing teams have 5/6/7. The thing is the vast majority of our young players will never make it, simply because thats not part of the clubs 'philosophy' compared to Barca, who if they're short on number will easily dip into their youth teams. They put out a team there recently with 9 academy graduates.

Of the 22 players loaned, and probably another 20 at cobham how many will ever make a first team appearance 10? How many will ever make it as first team regulars? 3/4? When you look at the money we're spending on young future players I really wonder will the numbers add up. Look at it this way, if you combine the fees of Lukaku, Piazon and this lad you have nearly 35-40M in fees, not including wages and anything else we do to cater for them. For that money we could have brought in one or two established internationals. We got Hazard for 32M and he's giving an immediate impact, whereas with the 3 others we're talking 2 -3 years before they have any sort of effect at all, never mind becoming integral parts of the team like Hazard currently is. Schürrle for example, 20M and he would give more of an impact then Piazon or Markovic will, and he's not much older either. The amount we have spent on young players over the last 4-5 years would quite easily have covered the cost of Falcao by now. 

I see what the club is trying to do, but I just don't see it working, not at the money we're dishing out for these youngsters who may never quite make it. Is it not far more economical to reserve the money we're spending on the youth system for spending on areas of the pitch we actually need, since either way we're spending money on first teams like there's no tomorrow anyways. I'm not saying close the academy, or stop buying young players, but at the rate we're going it seems a little over the top, I'm just not convinced our current setup is the way to go, especially since we're on a merry go round in terms of managers, who know they'll only be here short-term thus don't care all that much about the younger players, not that we've had all that much of talent there for them to use other than Mceachran over the last few years. Who was used by Carlo, after he failed to sign Pirlo from Milan.

If this transfer is true, I wish him all the best, but his chances of succeeding here are indeed very slim.

Barca's youth team play in the lower leagues, ours dont. Thats why its easy for them to bring players up because they are already playing at a decent level the way the manager wants them to play. If we send a player on loan to the championship there is no certainty that he will play or if he doesn play he may not play in the way we want him to. The spanish teams control all of that by having the B teams.

Roman should buy a team in the 2nd division, kick out the players and replace them with our youngsters.

We're doing that with Vitesse  :laugh2:  Practically winning them the title by giving them 3 or 4 players, good ones at that, PVA, Kalas and Kakuta off the top of my head. Haven't Udinese bought Watford though? And are loaning all their players over there?

Barca's youth team play in the lower leagues, ours dont. Thats why its easy for them to bring players up because they are already playing at a decent level the way the manager wants them to play. If we send a player on loan to the championship there is no certainty that he will play or if he doesn play he may not play in the way we want him to. The spanish teams control all of that by having the B teams.

I know? We tried that but didn't it get rejected by the Fa? Then they are the ones wondering why the top talent from England never comes through..