Swansea City v Chelsea (PL) 31/01/12 KO 19:45 GMT

evissy

So Ramires is out (for a month) and we have no new signings since Cahill's arrival.

Swansea at home is a good team and with our bad finishing this will be a tough match. The minute Torres starts scoring we are making things easier for us. Maybe this is the game...

Good thing is AVB's got our defence working but I have to say it is at the expense of attack. Our attacks are slow, predictable and with no end product. One signing could change a lot in this dept. IMO.

Team form:

Swansea LDDWWL

Chelsea DDLWWD

I would start with:

-----------------Cech-----------------

Ivanovic---Luiz---Terry-------Cole

Essien---------Mata------Lampard(if fit)

Sturridge-----Torres------Malouda

It is funny how AVB says squad is strong and we rotate but there is no chance he'd rotate Cech, Terry or Mata as our chances of winning would be even slimmer than they are.

Still can't get my head around the fact we went out to buy Cahill when we are obviously lacking creativity further upfield. Cahill can't at present get into the squad and we are going into games with no clue how it will pan out and saying how a win is 3-points. Controlling possession is ok but we are not creating nothing and I feel we are going to receive a drubbing either against the Swans or Man U. Our expectations has really fallen as a club , worrying enough we haven't managed more than a goal in each match since mid-Dec and AVB goes on about having Mikel to come back into the team. Worrying times

We need to mix it up a bit, we've gone stagnant.

Cech

Ivan luiz terry cole

romeu

Essien lamps

Mata

Sturridge torres

This is exactly the line up I'd go with to be honest, a midfield three of Essien, Romeu and Lampard is by far our best option with Ramires out, throw Sturridge alongside Torres with Mata behind them and let's see what happens. Sturridge, Mata and Torres are known to drift so they will offer some width when necessary, and Romeu should offer a good amount of protection for Lampard and Essien to get forward too.

This is exactly the line up I'd go with to be honest, a midfield three of Essien, Romeu and Lampard is by far our best option with Ramires out, throw Sturridge alongside Torres with Mata behind them and let's see what happens. Sturridge, Mata and Torres are known to drift so they will offer some width when necessary, and Romeu should offer a good amount of protection for Lampard and Essien to get forward too.

At least every player will be playing in their natural position.

Maybe a long shot , but Torres seems the creative one on the midfield last few games , often falls back and gives a good pass.Why not try him center midfield and Lukaku deep?

(Again just a long shot , never gonna happen)

-----------------Cech-----------------

Cahil------Luiz---Terry-------Cole

-----------Ivanovic---Essien---------

Sturridge------Torres------Mata--

------------------Lukaku---------------

Just a dream

Edited by jungbrunnenwald

I think we might be best off playing direct and on the counter as Swansea are weak against physicality and we don't want to get into a big midfield battle that we might end up losing. Might be time for Gary Cahill's debut? If he is feeling up for it this kind of match would be perfect for Michael Essien to make his return, although that is by no means a certainty and we don't want to repeat the mistakes of the past by rushing him back too quickly. If he and Lampard aren't fit then Meireles can do a job.

-----------------------------Cech

Ivanovic---------Cahill-----------Terry-------Cole

------------------Essien----------Romeu

----Sturridge-------------Mata------------Malouda

---------------------------Lukaku

Amazing that we're all getting excited about our squad being so thin on the ground we've put an 18 year old in the squad that we know very little about :D

But I think many of us are just at the stage now where we want to see something, anything, a bit different from what we've seen recently.

Im happy Piazons been drafted in with Ramires out..

Time to be bold though i think and pray for a reaction

---------Cech---------

Ivan Luiz Terry Cole

--------Romeu--------

Essien-------Malouda (believe me i hate having to include him)

---------Mata----------

--Sturridge--Torres--

Subs: Turnbull, Cahill, Bertrand, Meireles, Lampard, Piazon, Lukaku

I'd be tempted to go something like:

--------------------------------Cech

---Ivanovic---------Cahill------------Luiz-------------Bertrand

---------------Essien---------Romeu-------Lampard

-------------------------------Mata

------------------Sturridge

-------------------------------------------Lukaku

Bench: Turnbull, Cole, Chalobah, Piazon, Merieles, Torres, Lalkovic

Edited by BlueSkies

Mikel, Ramires and Lampard all out? I guess that explains why Piazon has made the bench then...

I wonder if AVB will shift to a 4-2-3-1 or just stick Malouda down the middle / give Essien an early start with the 4-3-3. Fingers crossed for the former...

People putting lukaku over torres I guess are the ones who want rid of torres because if an 18 year old is picked and he is sat on the bench that really would be the end of him. We are ment to be building his confidence not destroying it further. He must start every game at least till drogba is back and if he hasn't scored by then then drogba comes back in.

Terry wont travel, wasnt it because he needed time off for his trial?

It's the recurrence of the knee injury he suffered in the FA Cup match against Pompey when he collided with the goalpost. Apparently it has bothered him since.

I wonder who will captain the team since JT, Lamps and Drogba are all out. Cech?