England v Holland

dkw

Yeah, richards in. No Lampard and Ferdinand (fair enough I suppose) Studge in though. But somehow Frazer Campbell is in, as well as Downing, Walcott, no Lescott, no Oxalade Chamberlain (or whatever the hell he is called) 4 right backs for some reason etc, and the keepers. Oh the keepers..... Full squad here:-

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United).

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

All this hysteria over who wears the armband and calls heads or tails in a friendly. Most other countries just give it to the most senior player and be done with. We haven't played a single game under Pearce yet and look at all the sh*t he's got from the press already. They dredge up a story from 18 years ago and another about his brother's political views, and now they're gunning for him for not choosing the beloved Stevie Elbows as captain. Having watched all this I wouldn't be surprised if Arry told the FA and the press where to stick their job.

Im backing the durch here. I have had enough of the english football circus, from the Media to the les then useless FA. It's the FA's fault that capello stepped down and i'm pretty confident that if we go in with pearce we wont get out of the group stages. Love him as i did as a player, a manager he is not.

Funny how everything has worked out. How many on here were having a giant sook here over the summer when we were linked with him saying he's too old ,he's not Chelsea quality? Lots that's how many.

As it has turned out, our midfield has been dire this season, and his movement off the ball and quality circulation could have done wonders for us. Now the man is the England captain, and he is a great choice.

Well done. Also well done to Stuart Pearce for not picking Stevie Me, and going with the only man capable of filling the boots of JT as skipper.

Edited by Spiller86