Bye-bye JT?

Oblivion

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/who-are-these-agents-saying-didier-drogba-wants-to-go-to-barcelon?xg_source=activity

But who is this Francois Gallardo who is now being quoted by both the Spanish and English press as Drogba's agent? He's not the registered agent for the Ivory Coast forward, he's not listed by FIFA, and if you search about for his name prior to the last week then it throws up little if anything for him.

Now let's look at the article about Terry:

John Terry is eager to leave Chelsea and Valencia have seized the opportunity, already tabling an offer for the former England skipper, FIFA-accredited agent Francois Gallardo has told Radio Intereconomia.

I'm surprised Harry Harris didn't write the article about Terry.

Well you could certainly understand JT being a bit cheesed off with the perpetual witch-hunt he has to put up with in this country. Ashley Cole likewise. Another apect is that although the senior management at the club have stuck by JT admirably through this latest tragi-farce, I can imagine a few sponsors might be getting a bit twitchy. A post-JT Chelsea would be that bit more marketable.

Well you could certainly understand JT being a bit cheesed off with the perpetual witch-hunt he has to put up with in this country. Ashley Cole likewise. Another apect is that although the senior management at the club have stuck by JT admirably through this latest tragi-farce, I can imagine a few sponsors might be getting a bit twitchy. A post-JT Chelsea would be that bit more marketable.

The day a club is forced to sell one of its heroes to be more marketable is the day we might as well pack it all in and go home.

:laugh2: This story breaks new barriers for its complete and utter randomness.

Agree with Silver Polish above. I could understand JT (or, more likely, Ashley) wanting to go to a big team abroad after the sh*t storm of the past year, but why now? And why to fecking Valencia, who despite their pedigree by all accounts dont have a pot to piss in?

I'm surprised Harry Harris didn't write the article about Terry.

EXACTLY what I thought. The first place my eyes turned was the by line when I saw the basics of the story.

All that was missing was a :Troll_Face:

I really hope JT changes his mind if this is true. He is a true Chelsea legend. I could not imagine him playing for any other team. It would like seeing your girlfriend with another man

It'd be a lot worse than that! The world is full of potential girlfriend/boyfriend material - there's only ONE J.T.!

Three farcical sentences from the Daily Mail, back to back exactly as they were published:

And Gallardo also insists that Terry, whose Chelsea deal expires in 2014, is ready to take up Valencia's offer.

Gallardo told Radio Intereconomia: 'Valencia are negotiating, and I am involved in person, with the signing in the winter transfer market.

'The offer is on his table. The player is out of contract in June and will not renew there for several reasons at Chelsea and he wants to come to Spain.

Bizarre.

Edited by Lofty 1905

Whether JT is or isnt out of contract in the summer i feel the following coming on...I believe he will go..I say this because by next summer he will be offered mega bucks to finish his career elsewhere...With his place in the team well covered,chelsea will be prepared for his departure then..I say also that he could be tempted to take on a role at the Bridge coaching and then have 1 more year here..None want to see him go but it has to happen in the nearish future..I believe it to be next summer

The general incredulity at the thought that John Terry might not be a Chelsea player come the start of next season reminds me of the overwhelming reaction to the breaking news that we were interested in signing Torres. "Torres isn't going anywhere", along with "bugger off Chelsea" being the most common reactions among Liverpool fans.

Of course there are differences, John Terry has been at Chelsea player far longer than Torres was at Liverpool. Even at his peak, I can't imagine any Liverpool fan thinking of Torres as "Mr Liverpool." In fact the only common factor is the widespread feeling of disbelief. However, John Terry is also several years older, is arguably past his prime. And so it could very well be that the time is nigh for a move to pastures new.

No predictions here, merely the acceptance that it's well within the realms of possibility that John Terry will move on next summer.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if he did leave at the end of the season, he's starting to get a bit slow and his concentration isn't what it once was. What we'd really miss is the way he dominates aerially and his leadership and influence on the game, but I think Cahill can step up and take on both those responsibilities.