I miss Didier

mad_mac

The ending to this video is so powerful and gripping for any proper Chelsea fan, the part between Schweinsteiger missing his penalty to Didier scoring his shows the recent history and unjust that the club has had in the Champions League especially with the John Terry penalty in Moscow, the music in the background and the commentary makes it all the more powerful.

Then the celebrations after with JT, Lamps and Didier hugging would touch any Chelsea fans heart. This was the best video I saw on youtube of our Champions League win.

Agreed, I started this thread to pay homage to the great man. He went out on top, and I think he went out at the right time. Had he stuck around, he may have messed up in a game of importance and that's how we would have remembered him (Imagine if the 09 final was his last game).

He is now, rightfully, regarded as a Chelsea Legend.

'What a moment foe Didier Drogba, it is his time'

'They never die, something is happening'

'It is written in the stars'

'FIFA, UEFA, Stop. Football!!'

Well said Gary Neville, well said. In such a dramatic way too... top commentating.

Full on tears now after watching that.

'What a moment foe Didier Drogba, it is his time'

'They never die, something is happening'

'It is written in the stars'

'FIFA, UEFA, Stop. Football!!'

Well said Gary Neville, well said. In such a dramatic way too... top commentating.

Full on tears now after watching that.

I'll always be grateful to Gary Neville for his legendary co-commentary performance that night, imagine if it had been Tony Gale, Jamie Redknapp or Andy Townsend, they would be spouting all kinds of sour grapes, mainly because they have not reached those heights. Neville has been at the top of the game for years, and it was great to have him on our side for a change.

I'll always be grateful to Gary Neville for his legendary co-commentary performance that night, imagine if it had been Tony Gale, Jamie Redknapp or Andy Townsend, they would be spouting all kinds of sour grapes, mainly because they have not reached those heights. Neville has been at the top of the game for years, and it was great to have him on our side for a change.

Andy Townsend did commentate he was on ITV. He was alright actually he cheered us on.

Look Drogba had a great career with us, but Drogba is only good for 5-6 games a season now. Time to move on.

Your right it was the right time for him to move on, because of his age, & its sad to see a club legend (like Lampard) have to be a regular on the bench. However I would rather have Drogba than Torres, but that just proves how badly we need a prolific striker.

Agreed! Tony gale would probably be talking about how much possession they had!

I get tears in my eyes every time I watch that video. If Drogba wasn't a Chelsea legend before, and I certainly think he was, the performances at the end of last season cemented his place as one of the greatest in our history. No one will ever forget that header that equalised in the final in Munich. And for him to take the last penalty to clinch after being sent off in Moscow? Justice served.

It was very sad to let him go. I wish we would have kept him around but there comes a time where everyone has to leave. I still think it was his time to go. He left the club on top, and that's one of the best ways to be remembered.

If he wants to come back to us to train, absolutely! He may not be playing here, but this football club is his home. Didier will always bleed Blue. I would like to see him come back in some capacity as a coach if that's what he desires.

Archived