Time to get behind Benitez

sals

Good chance there will be plenty of hate on this thread, and I know there are a few other threads regarding Benitez but none others that are saying what i'm about to.

To start with I detested Benitez when he was at Liverpool, couldn't have held a manager in lower regard. Thought he lacked class and although he did build up a decent side he also turned it to crap by the end of his time there.

He showed complete disrespect to our club and it is something that he must seriously regret.

When he was first linked with our club after AVB's sacking I thought the media was having an absolute laugh, couldn't believe it and detested the idea. Thank the high heavens Robbie came in and did a fantastic job. Then we know all the story much to our disgust a man that the Bridge idolized and had a real affiliation with the club was so disgracefully sacked.

However it's done now, hell froze over and somehow he is at the helm. The big question is whether fans now want to see Benitez fail or the club succeed? The fates are intertwined unless the club begins to plummet down the table Benitez is going to be here until the end of the season. Everyone has vented and he got a terrible reception at City so can we not just get behind the team. It doesn't necessarily mean backing Benitez but just not tearing him down. He s here so lets give him a chance and see if he can redeem himself for his history.

When the fans did this to Steve Kean at Blackburn the end result was that they no longer play in the premier league. Our fate won't end up like that but after all the silverware and success of the last 15years i'm not sure i'm quite ready to see the club head into a slide on a point of principle.

I hope at the Fulham match there is a lot of cheering for Robbie so he knows that he will never be forgotten for what he has done for our club however I really hope that we focus on helping the team win rather than venting our anger at Benitez. You will never hear me say 'in rafa we trust' or any of that crap but for now I want him to succeed.

KTBFFH

I wouldn't boo Torres. He came to the club a relatively finished player. He knows it, we know it and even his lover Rafa knows it. I don't see that as a reason to booing Torres because he has lost his ability. He didn't buy himself for £50m.

I agree in some regards about Benitez but I will never back him. The players will still perform regardless!

I think the best way and most symbolic way would to be for all those against the decision to boycott a couple of games. Bigger protest than boo'd IMO.

I will never support Rafa. I don't want him here. He hasn't earnt any respect and because I don't rate him as a manager he never will.

I'll never be a fan of FSW, but for the good of the team and club I feel we should drop the booing and just support the team.

There's not a chance in hell he will get the job full time, so we should just ride the storm and see it out with some dignity.

We've made our point, well and truly.

If need be we should make it again at the end of the season - i.e. thanks but no thanks

Guest RFC_CFC

f**k Benitez, f**k Torres as soon as the pair get out of SW6 the better.

Nah don't agree with that, what has Torres done to deseve the rafa kind of critisism?

He's not been great but he is hardly the reason this all happened.

Some would rather throw him to the wolves to suit there wee agendas.

I'd rather have him here than those kind of fans tbh.

Sorry but i will never support anything that Benitez does. I dont want him here with us and the sooner he leaves the better.

I will cheer on the team as normal but as soon as the FSW pops his ugly mug up I will boo him. I also hope the board and Roman turn up to every game and see the hatred we have for the FSW. The blame falls right at their feet.

I will be at the game tonight, and while I am not overjoyed at the appointment of FSW I most certainly will not be booing anyone...I won't cheer him either, but I always remember having a heated discussion on another (far inferior) Chelsea supporters forum after the Rosenborg game, they felt that booing the team that night was their perogative, I was gutted that Mourinho left Stamford Bridge, his last ever game, with boos ringing in his ears instead of the cheers he deserved...

Now I'm sure most people would be more than happy if Benitez got sacked tomorrow and left with the jeers of the supporters in his ears, but I will never ever boo the team or the manager, I can't bring myself to do it. I hope the boo boys show their disgust by staying away rather than undermining the team.

Guest RFC_CFC

I'll not boo him but will not cheer him either.

Booing does no one any good imo and can only cause unrest amongs the 11 players on the ptich.

If people want to hate and get stressed over a manager who will be here no longer than a ruptured ligament takes to heal then that's up to them.

Come on the blues!

I wouldn't boo Torres. He came to the club a relatively finished player. He knows it, we know it and even his lover Rafa knows it. I don't see that as a reason to booing Torres because he has lost his ability.

I doubt he can be the player he was but I still think there is another couple of gears he can go up. First off he showed he can be more physical when he wants. When city riled him on Sunday he suddenly started getting more physical and standing up for himself where he normally just goes to ground looking for the ref. maybe this is confidence or maybe something was said at half time. We will see tonight.

Whatever you think of RAFA, the team was certainly more composed against city especially the back line even when we opened up a bit we looked far more secure. We could have easily been hammered the way we have been playing so a draw given the circumstances was a good result. We now just need to be more clinical in scoring and in the final pass, Torres alone cannot be blamed for that the whole team has been wasteful in recent weeks.

Tonight is a potential banana skin that we must win.

The more turmoil this creates the less likely anything like this will happen again.

For me that is far more important than results.

My opinion is the best thing fans can do for this club is boo the FSW like crazy.

I want this to be embarrassing for Roman, far more than he ever expected.

What's important here is nobody tells anybody what to do.

You pay your money and you take your choice.

If you don't like it don't do it.

Simples.

Say if the FSW lead us to glory this season.... say we won the Premiership, Champions League and FA Cup.

Say we played really attractive football.

Say Benitez took us to Anfield and we took them to the cleaners and our traveling fans outsung the dippers and the FSW made a comment about how all he could hear was Chelsea fans in his post match interview and all the Liverpool fans were outraged and started getting all upset about it....

Imagine if Torres started scoring....

I know the above is all rather unlikely but just imagine it happened...

Is there anyway the FSW could go from villian to hero?

I personally think that whilst it is very unlikely that any of the above will happen it is actualluy not impossible for the FSW to win over the fans. It's unlikely, but not actually impossible. Nothing is when it comes to football....

The wounds are fresh at the moment so it seems impossible. I am as against his appointment as the next man as people will have seen from my previous posts but I am bored of ranting about it now and this thread seems the suitatable place to ponder any potential scenario where our emotions could be turned round...

Is there anyway in 12 months we could look back and laugh and say 'do you remember the reaction when he was appointed'?

Thoughts?

Say if the FSW lead us to glory this season.... say we won the Premiership, Champions League and FA Cup.

Say we played really attractive football.

Say Benitez took us to Anfield and we took them to the cleaners and our traveling fans outsung the dippers and the FSW made a comment about how all he could hear was Chelsea fans in his post match interview and all the Liverpool fans were outraged and started getting all upset about it....

Imagine if Torres started scoring....

I know the above is all rather unlikely but just imagine it happened...

Is there anyway the FSW could go from villian to hero?

I personally think that whilst it is very unlikely that any of the above will happen it is actualluy not impossible for the FSW to win over the fans. It's unlikely, but not actually impossible. Nothing is when it comes to football....

The wounds are fresh at the moment so it seems impossible. I am as against his appointment as the next man as people will have seen from my previous posts but I am bored of ranting about it now and this thread seems the suitatable place to ponder any potential scenario where our emotions could be turned round...

Is there anyway in 12 months we could look back and laugh and say 'do you remember the reaction when he was appointed'?

Thoughts?

Not for me. It should be easy enough to applaud the players without so much as mentioning the interim manager. In the long term maybe that's the best approach, to ignore the lardy arsed one in the sure and certain knowledge that it'll only be a matter of time before we see the back of him.

I have no particular dislike for Boudewijn Zenden but as his appointment was undoubtedly linked to that of Benitez, he too is maybe best ignored. And so:

ONE STEVE HOLLAND

THERE'S ONLY ONE STEVE HOLLAND

ONE STEVE HOLLAND

THERE'S ONLY ONE STEVE HOLLAND

Archived