How would Lamps be viewed if he did go to United?

SpecialOne0506

A wierd, sadistic part of me almost wants him to go to United, and perform brilliantly (if he isn't re-signed) - and prove to the morons that are in our boardroom that he is more than capable as a midfielder, even in his twilight years.  Hopefully that would coincide with United signing a one armed goalkeeper, so that they don't run away with the league or anything.

Although, I'd much rather the big wigs wake up and offer him a contract.

A wierd, sadistic part of me almost wants him to go to United, and perform brilliantly (if he isn't re-signed) - and prove to the morons that are in our boardroom that he is more than capable as a midfielder, even in his twilight years.  Hopefully that would coincide with United signing a one armed goalkeeper, so that they don't run away with the league or anything.

Although, I'd much rather the big wigs wake up and offer him a contract.

This

If R "SFB" Avramobitch doesn't have the sense to re-sign him, then Frank can go wherever he likes with my blessing!  Nothing he can do will ever detract from what he has done for Chelsea over the years.  And if anyone thinks differently, I will take him/her on ........   :Connie_threaten:  (sorry, couldn't find the boxing gloves!)

It would be a travesty of immense proportions if Redface got Super Frank in his squad

next season. Imagine him scoring against CFC........arghhhhh.

I would not hold Frank responsible for any betrayal however; as the betrayal would rest

fairly and squarley upon Abramovich and the board who have already this season betrayed

us all with the hiring of the Waiter.

The sooner these pretenders that run our great club leave the better.

Its sad that it had to come to even talking about this, Frank has made it clear he wants to stay and hes upped his performances even under an Interim whos tenure has seen most of the others (Bar Mata) fade.

Its clear he can't go on forever and unfair to players we should be bringing through if he stays purely because of past glories but hes done enough to prove that his body is up to the challenge and we all know his mind is up to this and surely just what we need to take into some sort of Coaching role.

If he ends up at UTD it'll be another case of our Board/Owner making things hard for us and easy for our opposition, we've seen it with Drogba who could have played a big part this season, Anelka, Meireles, Sturridge and some of the loans but this would be the biggest mistake of all as he really must be the perfect fit for ending his career here and helping youngsters through giving them his own take on training etc and getting through to them the things he done with extra training etc that really paid off for him.

would not blame him for going, chance to play at a top club, that is the way he would see it in this part of his career. However ... Sign Him Bloody Up!

And as you said, he couldnt be blamed for it.

Id bet good money hed still get an ovation at the Bridge, he wants to stay, its not like hes trying to find a way out of the club.

It depends on how you look at it.  This isn't like Judas saying he wanted to leave Chelsea to go back to Scotland and then f**king off to Spurs, this is a legendary player, a midfielder on the verge of becoming the club's all time goal scorer, and he has done so with an air of confidence and humility the entire time.  I truly believe Frank loves Chelsea FC.

The problem here is he is not being offered another contract, yet, by the club.  So he would be out of contract.  Frank is a passionate player, and a competitive one at that, he'll want to continue to proves to others as well as himself that he can continue to deliver.  So, if UTD are the only team that come in for him, and he goes, he goes with my complete blessing.  It will be HORRIFIC to see him wearing Red, but it should serve as a notice to all fans that the club is currently being run by idiots.

If he were to leave to the MLS or to PSG for that matter, I don't think people would be so hurt about it.  But at the end of the day, it's all going to depend on where the offers come from for Frank

As much as I love him, he would be tarnished in my eyes for pulling on the MU shirt. Whilst he would have every right to be angry at the board, he knows that nearly every fan wants him to stay and to go north to MU would be a slap in the face to each of them. He surely dosen't need the money so if Fergie comes knocking just say he's flattered by the offer but it would be to disrespectful to the Chelsea fans to accept.

Archived