Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Guest RFC_CFC

Well living in London is as appealing as any city in the world for these guys.

They get CL football with a good chance of going all the way.

Expect to challenge for the title and cups

Paid top money

We are many footballers ideal club in many respects.

You do hear about our players being unhappy. This season we have had Cech. Last season Hazard was being linked to PSG, Luiz was being linked to Barca and PSG. It happens at all clubs.

Also when you are winning its easy to keep the players happy.

Guest RFC_CFC

The Hazard thing was just paper rumours, he wans't unhappy at all last season.

That's not the same as players genuinly wanting to get out the club.

The only players that pring to mind lately is De Bruyne.

I have always wondered why we hardly ever hear any of our players unhappy and wanting to move. You seem to constantly hear about our other rival's top players being unhappy/unsettled, yet I rarely hear this with our players. I am wondering whether it's mainly because we have more of a "community" within our club, as opposed to "bigger clubs."

Other city teams are just that, the city. London boroughs are known for their strong community feel and blitz spirit, granted it works better in some boroughs than others.

Obviously I'm biased but if you're a top player, there can't be many other clubs you would want to play for than Chelsea. We are easily the most attractive package in the PL.

You will be on top money. Almost guaranteed playing CL every season. Be living in either the best part of London or a big f**k-off mansion in the best part of Surrey and have the finest training facilities in the PL bar none. It would certainly beat Manchester, Merseyside, North London and even most of Europe to be honest.

If I was someone like Hazard, why would I want to move? Okay, there will always be Barca and Real Madrid, but having a happy and settled family can often count for a lot more. And if I was him I would then maybe sign for Monaco at about 32 / 33.....................................!

How many of our best players have left us for "bigger and better things" whilst in their prime during the RA era?

For instance...the way i see it, unless the club doesn't see value in you as a player, then they will let you go...and out of all our "good" ex players - by good I mean, players that were very good but had certain problems either in terms of fitting in with the rest of the team, recent form slump or injury - most of them generally fall under the category below + threw in a couple examples

-Injury prone (Robben, Joe Cole)

-surplus to requirements (Mata, Sturridge, KDB)

-getting on in age (Lampard, Carvalho)

-getting replaced by a superior player (Tiago, Gallas)

-offered a ridiculous amount of cash for no apparent reason at all (Luiz :laugh2: )

-simply not good enough (could throw in a bunch of players for this one)

You never see us selling our best players in their prime to other clubs unless we don't need them. Could change of course and you can never be too sure, but hasn't happened yet.

Edited by MTF

We hardly got rid of Robben because he was "injury prone". He is, imo, the only player in the past decade that has wanted to go on to "bigger and better" and we made a pretty penny on him. What a player he was and still is. 

Also not sure Sturridge was surplus to requirements when the only other striker we had was Torres, and his replacement (Ba) wasn't as good, and was benched out of form. God knows what went on behind the scenes there.