Could J.T manage us?

i-like-to-munich
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I think JT could manage chelsea no problem , weve seen plenty of ex players succesfully turn to management at a pretty high standard and i dont see why JT or Lamps couldnt follow that. Both of them know our club inside out and chelsea runs through both of their veins which i think is something we need here at chelsea , a manager who genuinly cares about cfc and not just about coming here for the pay packet.

Mayby im just dreaming but i would love to see them 2 somewhere around the chelsea bench when they hang up their boots

I think JT could manage chelsea no problem , weve seen plenty of ex players succesfully turn to management at a pretty high standard and i dont see why JT or Lamps couldnt follow that. Both of them know our club inside out and chelsea runs through both of their veins which i think is something we need here at chelsea , a manager who genuinly cares about cfc and not just about coming here for the pay packet.

That's all well and good, but I'm not convinced Terry has the tactical nous to guide a top team like Chelsea. I could see Terry as an assistant, but not the main man. I'd love to proven wrong, but even if he was formally qualified to take the job, I think it would be a huge risk from the club.

Can't see it happening, not in a million years.

I definitely think John can play a big role at the club once he hangs up his boots, Maksimov mentioned assistant manager, I think something like that would be perfect for him.

He could prove me wrong and become a good manager, but he'd have to leave the nest and cut his teeth elsewhere. Roman would never appoint him permanently unless he had a proven track record in management.

He could do that job but he wouldnt be allowed to unless we got someone else in with the right badges.

I think he would really give the team a kick up the arse and get us back on the right track.

It wont happen though. More likely Grant would take over. At a long shot maybe Capello.

Frank Lampard manager and JT assistant.

Frank deserves the roles to be switched. He would manage our attack better than JT, as he has the eye.

JT takes care of the defence, team morale, and be Frank's muscle assistant.

Frank has got a better persona, and would manage the media with his eyes closed.

The perfect combination.

Edited by coco

J.T could work actually if you ever saw nick barmby hull player manager he did well to start but started to lose it after a while. J.T could handle it I be he has been at the club for nearly 10 years. Zola would be a good choice also as his family own the team Udinese who could loan players to and from plus he's doing fantastic at Watford. But its Romans choice.

Put Steve Holland in the limelight with JT behind him .....just for these last 10 or so prem games

Bench Torres, pick the same back 4, cut out the pointless rotation and maybe top 4

Carry on with waiter - we all know the outcome

What makes people think Lampard could manage a team any better than Terry ? We have no idea how any of them would do because we have never seen any of them do any kind of coaching what so ever. The closest we have got is in the Champions League when Terry was sitting on the bench helping Di Matteo.

I've never heard anything to suggest that Lampard works nearly as well with others as Terry. Everybody, be it club or national team player, raves about how much time Terry sets aside to guide younger players and what an inspiration he is. With all due respect to Lampard, they're on different levels in that department. Quiet, lead-by-example players are great to have, but they don't necessarily make very good managers. 

That said, let's all calm down and let Terry progress into coaching naturally if it's what he wants. Whilst he could be a player manager for the rest of the year, he'd need to be working on his badges at the same time and then he'd need to put his playing career on the backburner. Now is not the right time. In 10 years, I can definitely see John managing somewhere successfully. 

Put Steve Holland in the limelight with JT behind him .....just for these last 10 or so prem games

Bench Torres, pick the same back 4, cut out the pointless rotation and maybe top 4

Carry on with waiter - we all know the outcome

f**king lol at your photo

What makes people think Lampard could manage a team any better than Terry ? We have no idea how any of them would do because we have never seen any of them do any kind of coaching what so ever. The closest we have got is in the Champions League when Terry was sitting on the bench helping Di Matteo.

What was said above, Terry would be great with the morale boosting and defence help while Lampard would pull off being the face of the club, dealing with the attack and the media better

And you say we have no idea what they'd do but this topic is just opinions and speculation? Not meant to be took as facts

Edited by THERafaBenitez