Mario Gomez?

FLYMJ

He's also capable of being very nonclinical and I think Mandžukić keeping him out of the team tells it's own story. The fact they bought Gotze (I would assume) means they're going to play a false 9, which would lead me to think that Gomez will be on the market. If got for a reasonable sum, why not, good striker with a very good record, in his prime that would give us another option up front. But he's by no mean first choice for me..

He's also capable of being very nonclinical and I think Mandžukić keeping him out of the team tells it's own story. The fact they bought Gotze (I would assume) means they're going to play a false 9, which would lead me to think that Gomez will be on the market. If got for a reasonable sum, why not, good striker with a very good record, in his prime that would give us another option up front. But he's by no mean first choice for me..

Absolutely, that's why I didn't say, he is clinical, just that he's capable of it.

And that's why he's not a first choice. Falcao would be nice, but expensive, same with Cavani. I'd happily take Lewandowski. But if we don't manage to sell Torres, I'd settle for him, Ba, and Rom, and a manager who can get the team functioning properly. 

In half the games the ball barely gets to the striker.

I'd be concerned to be honest, what we need above all else is someone that can get into positions and finish, and as we witnessed in the CL final Gomez has a bit of a habit of cocking it up.

That also said, wasn't he the 3rd highest scorer in Europe last year behind Messi and Ronaldo? He clearly has the ability I just worry about consistency and mental toughness, two things our current #9 has dreadfully lacked in.

I'd be concerned to be honest, what we need above all else is someone that can get into positions and finish, and as we witnessed in the CL final Gomez has a bit of a habit of cocking it up.

That also said, wasn't he the 3rd highest scorer in Europe last year behind Messi and Ronaldo? He clearly has the ability I just worry about consistency and mental toughness, two things our current #9 has dreadfully lacked in.

I haven't really seen him play but according to Wiki he has 74 goals in 111 league appearances for Munich. 

You've got to be at least a half decent finisher to get yourself a goals to game ratio like that. 

He's a striker that in from can be lethal, and to think about it, Gomez is a poacher above all, that would allow our creative 3 to play more freely and Gomez can finish. He would not be a 1st choice striker though, and i'm not sure that's something he would like.

Would much rather get Lewandowski

But Lewandowski is very much a similar type of player then Ba or Torres. I don't understand why people are so against Gomez. In any scenario he would only be at the club for 2-3 seasons max anyways, and at least he would add another dimension to our attacking play, not saying i'm a massive fan of him, but I think it would be an interesting turn of events.

I'd rather see Lukaku given a go to be honest.

With Torres staying, it doesn't matter which striker we sign, Torres is still going to play a substantial amount of matches.

Gomez was decent, but I was most impressed with Javi Martinez. Exactly the type of player we need. A tougher, dirtier and more effective version of Mikel.

I'd rather see Lukaku given a go to be honest.

With Torres staying, it doesn't matter which striker we sign, Torres is still going to play a substantial amount of matches.

Gomez was decent, but I was most impressed with Javi Martinez. Exactly the type of player we need. A tougher, dirtier and more effective version of Mikel.

Is it 100 percent confirmed Torres is staying though ? I hope we give Lukaku a go too , but I meant replacing Torres with Lewandowski.

Archived