Cesc Fabregas

I am starting to have my doubts again. After reading Mourinho's comments it sounds as if he is almost inviting others to try and get him. The question you have to ask is why is he doing this?

If he was really keen to get Fabregas he could say something like, "I dont wish to speak about a player who is not ours", whilst trying his hardest to get the deal sorted quietly.#

Maybe the deal is already done and he is confident all is going to be signed etc..

or.....

Maybe its a smokescreen.....Maybe he doesnt really want him and is using him as a small threat to another club who we may be negotiating with?? i.e. "oh we might just buy him instead if you wont drop the price".

Edited by Zola

Daily Express: "Chelsea last night tabled a £27m bid for Barcelona star Cesc Fabregas on a frantic day of business at Stamford Bridge"

Don't know what to believe any more. The press seem to make it up as they go along.

My Spanish/Catalan isn't the best... what can someone translate? I know from my German GCSE that babblefish is completely flippin' unreliable.

Also I know 5 years would tip him over 30 but I do find it strange if we're spending that much why we wouldn't offer a 5 year contract rather than 4.

I am starting to have my doubts again. After reading Mourinho's comments it sounds as if he is almost inviting others to try and get him. The question you have to ask is why is he doing this?

If he was really keen to get Fabregas he could say something like, "I dont wish to speak about a player who is not ours", whilst trying his hardest to get the deal sorted quietly.#

Maybe the deal is already done and he is confident all is going to be signed etc..

or.....

Maybe its a smokescreen.....Maybe he doesnt really want him and is using him as a small threat to another club who we may be negotiating with?? i.e. "oh we might just buy him instead if you wont drop the price".

Who knows what is really going on, but making it sound like he isn't desperate to sign him is better for negotiations, if the club want to pay less.

My Spanish/Catalan isn't the best... what can someone translate? I know from my German GCSE that babblefish is completely flippin' unreliable.

Roger Torello - Joan Josep Pallàs 06/06/2014 7:10

Three years later, Cesc Fabregas will return to London but not to play for Arsenal, but to do it at Chelsea, as advanced Miguel Rico in World Sport Day 2 on Monday.

The indiscreet conversation captured by television cameras between Gerard Pique and national coach Vicente del Bosque, in which the central unveiled that "Cesc is made by 33 million" was confirmation.

Barca yesterday received the formal offer in writing the English side, which specify that offers 33 million for Cesc, plus three variables in a function.

Although Arsenal had the option of first refusal Arenys and after Cesc's agent, Darren Dein, Wenger offered him the club 'gunner' refused to exercise their right to repurchase, considering that both Ozil as Cazorla has well covered that position.

Neither Manchester City, which has in its ranks Touré and David Silva occupying the same area in the field Cesc decided to finally enter the race for the Catalan midfielder.

Once corroborated the details of the operation, both by the club for Chelsea as both clubs made official the transfer of Cesc to all 'blue', an end which could be confirmed today.

Cesc did not feel comfortable in the club because you think you are always looking through magnifying glass and looked forward to returning to the Premier League, where he hit it big as a footballer. Hence as Chelsea's offer was firm, did not hesitate a moment to say 'Yes'.

Mou opened his arms

José Mourinho, who will be their new coach last Friday, knowing that Cesc was shot as he opened his arms during a roundtable held in London and organized by 'Yahoo'. "I think he's anxious to get out of Barcelona and very motivated by the idea of ​​returning to England. I think it's pretty clear. Interested studying the situation," said the Portuguese.

Later, he added that "either for us or for someone else, is not a subject for today, tomorrow or before the World Cup. We have to see how the situation evolves."

Meanwhile, Fernando Torres, spoke yesterday from the concentration of selection in Brazil to the possible arrival of Cesc to Chelsea in an interview with Movistar.

Barca midfielder on the 'Niño' it is clear that Cesc will be a good addition to the Chelsea Mourinho: "He brings things that Chelsea does not have," he said.

"Great players are always big signings also knows the competition (Premier) and you bring soccer ball control, arrival, goals ..." said striker assembly 'blue'

Leer más: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140606/fc-barcelona/en-breve-se-hara-oficial-el-traspaso-de-cesc-al-chelsea_54408734530.html#ixzz33qVfkoFF

Síguenos en: https://twitter.com/@mundodeportivo | http://facebook.com/MundoDeportivo.com

Edited by Zola

The guys at WAGNH asked a Barca regular whether or not Fabregas could play in the central 2 of a 4-2-3-1. The answer isn't ideal:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2014/6/3/5777144/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumors-cesc-fabregas-pivot

Can Cesc Fabregas play in Chelsea's double-pivot? It's a question that many Chelsea fans may be asking themselves in the light of recent developments, while Manchester City fans might just be asking themselves the very same thing. Let me save you all some time and answer that conundrum for you: "No". And before you ask, there are no "ifs" and there are no "buts"; he simply cannot do it. Of course, there are no doubts that Fabregas has been blessed with an abundance of natural talent and God-given technique, but his skill set just doesn't apply to a deep lying position, particularly at an elite level."

"It's been crushingly obvious for quite some time now; Fabregas drifted back into the double-pivot on occasion at Arsenal and on one memorable night, the "Barca DNA" coursing through his veins proved fatal. That tendency to over-elaborate, that primal desire to play the extra pass led to a mistake and a Barcelona goal. But that's not all holding Fabregas back from a successful career in a pivot -- a noticeable lack of athleticism, a mediocre work-rate, maybe even his height -- Cesc just lacks too many vital attributes."

"Perhaps there's the right partner out there for him -- the Xavi to his Iniesta if you will -- but Chelsea, and any other interested party would be wise to scour the market; at that price, in this position, there are simply better alternatives available

Judging by his performances at Barca (and Arsenal I guess) he seems perfectly comfortable as one of the advanced midfield two of a 4-3-3 though.

Edited by PloKoon13

The guys at WAGNH asked a Barca regular whether or not Fabregas could play in the central 2 of a 4-2-3-1. The answer isn't ideal:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2014/6/3/5777144/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumors-cesc-fabregas-pivot

Judging by his performances at Barca (and Arsenal I guess) he seems perfectly comfortable as one of the advanced midfield two of a 4-3-3 though.

The thing is, he never had somebody like Matic next to him, Busquets is not as physically dominant and Song is not as defensively sound. I do think we might play 433 with Matic Fabregas and Oscar with Ramires coming in when more defensive cover is needed.

Guest RFC_CFC

I'm with forevercarefree here.

Jose saying these things puts the ball in Fabregas and Barca's camp. He knows the club wants him and the deal is there now it's up to Barca to speed things up.

They are the ones who want it done quickly to get other targets in and we are the only club interested in taking him by the looks of it.

Jose is boxing clever yet again.

I don't think we should worry about the formation to be honest. As long as matic is in the line up, he would have at least 1 player holding behind him which is a situation he has played in his whole career.

What Fabregas gives us is a ton of versatility. He can play in the pivot, in a 3 man midfield, he can play as a 10. Thats going to be very useful over the course of a season were we face a lot of different teams using different tactics. What this blogger seem to think is that he isnt a fit to play in the pivot against EVERY team, and he maybe right about that. But who plays the same tactics and personal against every single team? He also isnt a fit to play in the pivot for a team focusing on possession over anything else. Good thing thats not us.

What Fabregas gives us is a ton of versatility. He can play in the pivot, in a 3 man midfield, he can play as a 10. Thats going to be very useful over the course of a season were we face a lot of different teams using different tactics. What this blogger seem to think is that he isnt a fit to play in the pivot against EVERY team, and he maybe right about that. But who plays the same tactics and personal against every single team? He also isnt a fit to play in the pivot for a team focusing on possession over anything else. Good thing thats not us.

also worth noting that Fabregas has never had someone as good defensively as Matic beside him. I mean Busquets is a brilliant holding midfielder but he doesn't have the physical presence that Matic does.

also worth noting that Fabregas has never had someone as good defensively as Matic beside him. I mean Busquets is a brilliant holding midfielder but he doesn't have the physical presence that Matic does.

Exactly what I think, Fabregas will be allowed to build the play up from deep, will probably be great against teams that are happy to sit back. There is a massive difference between Ramires' passing and Fabregas'.