7 Years Today

Zola
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Doesn't seem like 7 years ago, I can remember the day well.

One of modern footballs great injustices occurred there, namely that slimey little f****r Hunt wasn't banned for what he did. He meant to make contact, there's not one doubt in my mind about that.

Cudicini was knocked sparko too.

If I remember correctly it was Jose complaining about the amount of time that the ambulance took to arrive to take Cech to hospital that made the PL/FA change their rules to having an ambulance and medical staff on duty at every match. One of the contributing things that helped keep Fabrice Muamba alive.

Doesn't seem like 7 years ago, I can remember the day well.

One of modern footballs great injustices occurred there, namely that slimey little f****r Hunt wasn't banned for what he did. He meant to make contact, there's not one doubt in my mind about that.

Cudicini was knocked sparko too.

If I remember correctly it was Jose complaining about the amount of time that the ambulance took to arrive to take Cech to hospital that made the PL/FA change their rules to having an ambulance and medical staff on duty at every match. One of the contributing things that helped keep Fabrice Muamba alive.

Very true. 

Yep i agree about the comments about Stephen Hunt. Back in those days people's hatred of Chelsea clouded their minds, and any criticism we Chelsea fans aimed at Hunt was laughed off and we were called pathetic. I stand by what i said back then, Hunt should have been sent off and banned for causing serious injury to another professional footballer. Why did Hunt have his knee that far down if he wasn't looking to make contact with Cech ? 20 seconds into a match changed Cech's career forever.

The ref who saw no fouls on our keepers despite both of them being hospitalised (and who told the brain-damaged Cech to get up and walk off the pitch) is now the FA's reffing supremo.

Whos that?

Mike Riley.

The person at the head of the PGMOB and who is in charge of selecting which referee gets handed which game is Mike Riley, an ex professional referee who is most famous for giving a penalty for a clear dive by Wayne Rooney in the 2004 Man United 2-0 win against Arsenal which ended the Gunners 49 game unbeaten streak.

Riley was accused of pro United favoritism throughout his career. For younger readers, he’s my generation’s Howard Webb.

According to the Guardian’s research, which goes to back to the beginning of the 1997-98 season until 2004, “Riley refereed 23 United games in all competitions and gave 12 penalties for United in that time, but only three against them. And he has sent off five of United’s opponents.

At Old Trafford, Riley’s record is weighted even more heavily in favor of United: He gave 10 penalties in the 14 games he officiated to the home side, Manchester United.â€

Riley’s bias was so suspected than when was awarded the Everton vs Man Utd FA Cup semi final to officiate in 2009, David Moyes actually called for an investigation on whether Riley was a United supporter.

This is the man who now decides which premier league games to assign to referees.

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/manchester-city-fans-evidence-of-the-manchester-united-referee-conspiracy/

Edited by Backbiter