Mata transfer poll

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Mata to Man Utd  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mourinho have sold Mata to Man Utd for 37 million pounds?

• Yes, Mourinho needs to use the players that suits his system
    • No, Mourinho should make room in his system for excellent players like Mata
    • Something else
    • What's a Mata you, hey, gotta no respect. Whatta you tink you do, why you looka so sad. It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place, Ahh shaddap you face

I'll be more upset if option 4 doesn't win.

But seriously, I loved Mata.  Gentleman, great player, scholar.  I hate that he's gone to Man U, but he has.  We need to get over that and hope that the club uses the money to build a better squad.  A squad that can challenge and win things.

Mata saved us during a couple of dark years, and for that we should be eternally thankful, but if he has gone to Utd he's now an opposition player and will be viewed as such (obviously with a huge amount of thanks and a tinge of regret at seeing him leave)

Should have added an option supporting his sale, but to someone that isn't a domestic rival.

I think Mata is being wasted here and won't fit in the system, it would be best for both the club and player if we can sell him on overseas to someone like PSG or Atletico. We can use the funds to get a new striker, and Mata gets to have a great career at a club catered to his talents.

United can f**k right off, I think i'll be violently ill if I see Mata in a United shirt.

Should have added an option supporting his sale, but to someone that isn't a domestic rival.

I think Mata is being wasted here and won't fit in the system, it would be best for both the club and player if we can sell him on overseas to someone like PSG or Atletico. We can use the funds to get a new striker, and Mata gets to have a great career at a club catered to his talents.

United can f**k right off, I think i'll be violently ill if I see Mata in a United shirt.

That might end up happening anyway.  Moysie is a clueless idiot that would have no idea how to use him, and he's going to end up in the same place as he was earlier this season-parked on the bench.  As has been said a million times, Shrek is Manure's top No. 10.  He's also going to be cup-tied for the Champion's League, so he's going to be useless as far as that goes. This is only going to end in tears for both of them.

Edited by soldiergirl84

I'm not so sad at Mata going as I am at where he is said to be off to. Jose has proved he knows what he is doing in the sense that he has our midfield ticking over nicely without sacrificing skills, after all Hazard, Oscar and Willian can all dazzle, but packing him off to reenforce United?!?

Couldn't we have suggested a swap with any number of players at PSG or tried to see if Monaco were have to part ex him for Falcao?

Edited by TheFunkeyGibbon

Previous situations involving jose and transfer of big name players have more or less led to the benefit of the club.

Exhibit 1: Etoo and Ibrah,next season Inter win the treble.

Exhibit 2:Robben and Malouda(Spare me the insults)But in the first couple of seasons Malouda was pretty amazing ,i must say.Maybe if Jose stayed around a bit  longer,Malouda might have been phenomenal,we will never know.

At the beginning of this season,when Mata wasnt starting as much as we wanted him to,there were many who doubted Jose.But two points off the top and a fluid midfield nonetheless is a fitting response to the doubters.Would we be so close to the top without Willian and Oscar's immense defensive efforts?Especially when our central midfield was almost as poor as United's?

If it was any other manager apart from Jose,we'd be calling for his head,true.But then Jose has earned that respect and I'm sure will not disappoint with an able replacement,be it a striker or an another AM.

Sure he might have a great impact at united,but we have the best manager who can turn things around as he pleases.Trust in Jose.

#KTBFFH

For me this is Jose's biggest test. He hasnt picked Mata for what ever reason he has. We all wanted Jose back so we have to try and trust that there is a right reason for Mata being sold.

As hard as it is regarding Mata going to a "rival" in Jose we must trust!

For me this is Jose's biggest test. He hasnt picked Mata for what ever reason he has. We all wanted Jose back so we have to try and trust that there is a right reason for Mata being sold.

As hard as it is regarding Mata going to a "rival" in Jose we must trust!

Christ, thats about 4 times this year I have agreed with you. What a year.

But your right, we all wanted stability and a manager the board got right behind, well now we have one and we have to sit back and allow him to do his thing. if he gets it wrong in the end then he has to be held accountable. But if he gets it right then he has to be lauded.

Christ, thats about 4 times this year I have agreed with you. What a year.

But your right, we all wanted stability and a manager the board got right behind, well now we have one and we have to sit back and allow him to do his thing. if he gets it wrong in the end then he has to be held accountable. But if he gets it right then he has to be lauded.

4 times? and its only January!!! Who would have thought it!

Although ultimately I back Mourinho and his decisions I still have to answer a big fat NO to the actual question and can't believe there are so many voting yes, Mourinho should have sold Mata to Man Utd. Are you all insane?!!!!

Will be one of my saddest days as a Chelsea - up there with Nevin going to Everton, Eidur being released and Joey going to the dippers.

Edited by Nibs

I don't understand the transfer in the slightest.

Why Mata?

Why to United?

Why leave us with only 4 players for 3 positions?

Why now and not the end of the season? 

At this moment in time, lots of questions and no answers.

Jose next press conference should be interesting. 

That said, if ever there was a man I was going to have faith in getting it right, it's Jose. I'm bemused by this transfer by reserving my anger because when the dust settles and this transfer window closes let's see how the squad is looking.

I'm clinging on to a hope that Jose/the club have something up their sleeve off the back of this transfer because it's very unusual for us to sell before we buy. 

I feel more upset by this than a grown man should about a sporting deal. Devastated that we should get rid of perhaps our most talented player (not to mention a real gentleman and ambassador for the game), especially that we should sell him to a rival who is in decline. Mata is exactly the sort of player they need. He's also exactly the sort of player Chelsea need.

I think it's an absolute shame that Mourinho was unwilling to flex his system and find a way to incorporate such a skilled player. Our best player by far over the last couple of seasons, sending him to a key rival will, I think, come back to haunt us. 

I can only hope that it is because Mourinho genuinely believes that he can strengthen the squad further with the money brought it, and expand in other areas. The alternative is that it's an extension of some punitive attempt to stamp his authority on the squad, owner and fan, or another small move to pave the way for him to move to Man Utd in a couple of years.

Whatever the reason, and as much a mistake as I think it must be, all we can do is thank a great player for such service to the club and hope he does well in the future. He deserves it.

If this proves to be a catastrophic sale, then it'll obviously be Emenalo and Gourlay who will have to take the flak!

Yes, genuinely gutted to see a fantastic player leave, but I can see why the club and the player felt it was an acceptable , if undesriable deal. Mata was clearly a misfit this season, and his form and confidence have deserted him. In a world cup year he was right to be concerned, and was clearly never going to settle for being a squad player, like Ferreira did.

As for the club, like it or not they have to keep the finances on an even keel, and £37m is a decent price for a player who is not an integral part of the side.

The worry is that we'll just blow that money on a couple of inferior players who also fail to integrate themselves into the side (as was the case with Kdb). We know injuries/ loss of form will hit one or all of our current trio, and we'll be left looking stupid. Meanwhile Mata will be a huge hit at Manure and propel them into the CL, and thereby enable them to attract other top players to replace the dross that Moyes has inherited.

All very sad, but you just have to look forward. We've got Piazon doing great things at Vitesse, and we have some tremendous talent waiting for a chance.

Edited by Backbiter

If this proves to be a catastrophic sale, then it'll obviously be Emenalo and Gourlay who will have to take the flak!

Yes, genuinely gutted to see a fantastic player leave, but I can see why the club and the player felt it was an acceptable , if undesriable deal. Mata was clearly a misfit this season, and his form and confidence have deserted him. In a world cup year he was right to be concerned, and was clearly never going to settle for being a squad player, like Ferreira did.

As for the club, like it or not they have to keep the finances on an even keel, and £37m is a decent price for a player who is not an integral part of the side.

The worry is that we'll just blow that money on a couple of inferior players who also fail to integrate themselves into the side (as was the case with Kdb). We know injuries/ loss of form will hit one or all of our current trio, and we'll be left looking stupid. Meanwhile Mata will be a huge hit at Manure and propel them into the CL, and thereby enable them to attract other top players to replace the dross that Moyes has inherited.

All very sad, but you just have to look forward. We've got Piazon doing great things at Vitesse, and we have some tremendous talent waiting for a chance.

I wonder if Emenalo and Gourlay would be given credit if the sale of Mata turns out in our favor. 

If we go on to sign two more players that we make a 10 million profit on without them playing more then a couple of games for the club, that would be great business.

It hasn't been easy to accept but selling Mata does make sense, he's too good (and worth too much money) to have him wasting away on the bench. I'm just worried that selling that to United could be a decision that comes back and bites us one day.

Let's hope that the transfer money is reinvested in the squad wisely.