Why are you a Chelsea Fan?

Carefree94
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Just thought I'd start this thread as I'm interested to hear about how the guys/girls on the forum got into supporting Chelsea. The recent article posted by the Chelsea Fancast spurred me to start this thread not sure whether Im posting this in the right section btw. 

Edited by Carefree94

Not a brit or living in Britain. My friends at school mostly followed Liverpool, Arsenal or ManU but I felt none of those teams were really mine. Was a big fan of Dutch national team and Gullit. Gullit got traded to Chelsea and that was it. Gladly EPL was shown on TV so I was able to watch some games here and there. The trade of Zola really got me in and eventually this forum really got me hooked in. Thanks all you lads for making the forum a great place to write and read.

Edited by evissy

My dad has been going to the bridge since the 70s he even brought my mam to the bridge on their honeymoon. I've been going since 94 its just a massive part of my life my mam.and dad follow chelsea my nephew and niece's and sister follow Chelsea. My daughter will grow up following chelsea. I feel in love with the ground before the team. Stamford bridge was a dump back then but I loved it. The ground and area isn't the same as the ground I feel in love with but I'm glad I did.

My dad supports Chelsea, seems standard reason. I was also very heavily influenced by a friend who is sadly no longer with us who took me to my first game in 1997, bought me my first shirt & would bring me a programme from every other Saturday. Miss you David.

My mate at primary school would rant about how good Chelsea were. I didn't follow football then.

But whenever we had a "non uniform day" at primary school he would always wear his Chelsea shirt, complete with the Coors sponsor we had back then.

He made me curious. The European Cup Winners Cup ,or that match against Tromso in the snow made me addicted to the club. I'll never forget Vialli scoring with his ass against Bratislava, or the ridiculous skill Zola showed when he was playing. I was riveted.

The FA cup final against Middlesborough in 1997 where the legend Robbie D scored in 43 seconds cemented my love for the club (and that very legend guided us to the CL trophy in 2012, blows my mind).

Til death do us part.

Doesn't hurt my favourite colour is blue either.

My mate at primary school would rant about how good Chelsea were. I didn't follow football then.

But whenever we had a "non uniform day" at primary school he would always wear his Chelsea shirt, complete with the Coors sponsor we had back then.

He made me curious. The European Cup Winners Cup ,or that match against Tromso in the snow made me addicted to the club. I'll never forget Vialli scoring with his ass against Bratislava, or the ridiculous skill Zola showed when he was playing. I was riveted.

The FA cup final against Middlesborough in 1997 where the legend Robbie D scored in 43 seconds cemented my love for the club (and that very legend guided us to the CL trophy in 2012, blows my mind).

Til death do us part.

Doesn't hurt my favourite colour is blue either.

FFS, Ricardo, go back to your Mrs. B and the bottle of wine!

My Dad supports Chelsea. I remember sitting down with him to watch my first football match on TV when I was really young, he told me Chelsea was playing and being too young to understand anything about sports I asked "which one is Chelsea?", and for some reason he told me "number 10" which happened to be Kerry Dixon. So I spent my formative years believing King Kerry was "Chelsea". I think my football knowledge has improved slightly since then thankfully.

My dad worked in Kensington and used to go every Saturday, he started taking my brothers and I went on and on at him till he took me too and I fell in love with everything Stamford Bridge. Ray Wilkins was captain and I remember getting off the tube at Fulham Broadway and my dad telling us not to look at any of the fighting lol. I was Chelsea ever since, my first husband was a season ticket holder and still is along with my eldest son, and my eldest daughters middle name is Chelsea lol. When I got married I even wore a pair of Chelsea football shorts under my dress as my 'something blue'.

Glory seeker here, we beat ManU at Old Trafford 4-0 in 1968. As an impressionable 9 yr old from just outside Manchester( hating both City and United) we seemed to be the side to follow. Saw the team live for the first time in 1971 at Huddersfield, 2-1 win, the love started from there.