Sign in to follow this  
JM7

Qatar 2022 World Cup

Blatter is standing for another term. Surely there's going to be an uprising. Why aren't there other candidates putting themselves forward?

Blatter is standing for another term. Surely there's going to be an uprising. Why aren't there other candidates putting themselves forward?

Are any of the other candidates worth a sh*t?

Fifa’s investigation into the controversial bidding race for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups has taken another twist after Michael Garcia complained the summary of his report that cleared Qatar of substantive wrongdoing misrepresented his conclusions.

Garcia, a former New York district attorney, spent 18 months investigating the convoluted and controversial World Cup race that ended with the selection of Russia for 2018 and Qatar for 2022.

But when the German judge Hans-Joachim Eckert closed the investigation on Thursday after ruling there was not enough evidence to justify reopening the process, a furious Garcia said the summary he had published did not reflect his findings.

“Today’s decision by the chairman of the adjudicatory chamber contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts and conclusions detailed in the investigatory chamber’s report,” said Garcia, who gathered evidence from the nine bidding nations and interviewed more than 75 witnesses.

He said he would appeal to the Fifa ethics committee. The incendiary intervention lays bare the tension at the heart of Fifa’s two chamber ethics committee.

What a joke! Qatar shouldn't be hosting it for various reasons such as the hot weather, its political issues and most importantly the proposed scheduling of playing games in January instead of June which will severely interrupt domestic seasons across the world, especially in Europe.

FIFA declares that FIFA isn't corrupt! What a joke :mad:

I have tried to hate him, but you can't but like Peter Crouch.

I like him for 2 reasons. 1 he's a Chelsea fan and 2 he genuinely looks like he loves being a footballer and knows how lucky he is. I hate seeing so many players who are miserable seemingly all the time and moan about how hard it is being a top level footballer.

It is being reported, and I am not sure how well this will go over for everyone, that the FBI is going to continue their investigation of FIFA over the supposed corruption of high ranking FIFA officials.

I am not going to go into the positives and negatives of the FBI nor whether or not they should be doing this. However, I will say that I believe 100% that they would do much better investigation than FIFA's own people would. How FIFA thinks that the World is ok with them doing an investigation on themselves is just insane.

I am very curious to see what may publicly come from this investigation.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/13/politics/fbi-fifa-corruption-probe/index.html

The FBI being involved means all evidence should be made available, which is a plus. The fact the american author of the report has said the published report by FIFA is nothing like his findings is disgusting, they had an independent person investigate it, took his report and rewrote it to suit their objective. Corrupt as can be.

It is being reported, and I am not sure how well this will go over for everyone, that the FBI is going to continue their investigation of FIFA over the supposed corruption of high ranking FIFA officials.

I am not going to go into the positives and negatives of the FBI nor whether or not they should be doing this. However, I will say that I believe 100% that they would do much better investigation than FIFA's own people would. How FIFA thinks that the World is ok with them doing an investigation on themselves is just insane.

I am very curious to see what may publicly come from this investigation.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/13/politics/fbi-fifa-corruption-probe/index.html

Allegedly they are interested in this mainly because they will be conducting an internal investigation into corruption within the FBI and this effectively will be good practice! !

The FBI being involved means all evidence should be made available, which is a plus. The fact the american author of the report has said the published report by FIFA is nothing like his findings is disgusting, they had an independent person investigate it, took his report and rewrote it to suit their objective. Corrupt as can be.

I completely agree with you, but I can also easily see comments about why should the FBI get involved, blah, blah. I was simply saying that I wasn't going to get into that conversation.

Personally, I hope they find something and hammer any corrupt officials.

And now the attempted scapegoating by FIFA begins, they have lodged a criminal complaint in Switzerland against "individuals" . Expect to see some unknown underlings in prison soon.

BBC reporting that due to the Swiss courts being leniant, they are unsure if they will be found guilty. What a joke. Blatter also saying that it would breaks state law to release the report.

Biggest corruption ever. One day it will all come out - probably when we're old man.

The thing that demonstrates the corruption for me is the fact that no one stood to challenge Blatter to run Fifa. Surely theres at least one person who wants that job?

What Gary Neville said on MNF a couple of weeks ago pretty much hit the nail on the head (as usual).

Essential points:

-It is right that World Cup goes to different regions of the world.

-The Middle East is one of those regions, so they should have a World Cup.

-Climate means it is impossible to have a World Cup in the summer in the Middle East so a Middle Eastern World Cup aswell as potential world cups 40 degree North of the equator will have to be in winter.

-Football leagues who play between Sept-May (only half of the football world) will have to accommodate and rearrange their schedule according. This is something the other half of the football world has to plan to do every 4 years.

-The problem lies with how to process has been done. Clear corruption and not declaring the bid was a winter World Cup. I honestly think if a middle eastern country had presented a winter World Cup it still would have won and that probably would have been the right thing. The voters are of representatives across the world and it makes sense for voters in Caribbean countries, North African countries, Central Asia, Oceania (although not here as Australia had a bid) and Third-World countries to vote for a World Cup in a new region as Qatar will back their cause in return.

A lot of the post Qatar fallout is to be blamed on the western media. The issue has been tackled in the wrong way. Too much of the focus has been on how can a small 'non-footballing' country such as Qatar win the World Cup. Whilst it has been focused upon significantly, the sole purpose of protest should be on moving the World Cup from summer to winter without this ever being stated or implied in the bidding process.

He is. We (i.e. UEFA) need to do more than talk: we're talking and he's acting, that's the prob. He's corrupt but smart and we need to act not let him control what happens.

Blatter has been in the FIFA job for too long and craves power and he should have resigned years ago.

Describing him as 'despicable' is an understatement. 

I've said it in the other thread and I'll say it here, it's time for the nuclear option- boycott. Every nation refuses to play unless there's a change of venue. Same with the 2018 World Cup.  That should get FIFA's attention.