Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hopefully Remy starts over him against Spuds, he at least looks like he can be bothered.

I'd bring Bamford back in place of Falcao, Berehinio would be great but can't see it.

Just putting it out there with no oppinions really. I do think Bamford is better then he's getting at palace so for his sake we need to do somthing with him in Jan 

bamford to lead the line after barely featuring for palace?

berahino might be interesting. diego looks like he isnt interested at all, his celebration at the weekend spoke volumes. not a happy camper.

True. Was not a consolation goal in a 4-1 loss or a meaningless 5th in a 5-0 win, was a very important goal and if anyone watching did not know better it looked more a pre season goal.

Like I said I really think we should sell him while he still has some value.

Last night looked like it was "time's up" for Costa.  His pace is gone, he tries to take defenders on and he can't, he still manages to get into silly confrontations (I've noticed a number of defenders will leave their arms around him and get him to retaliate), and he isn't even doing what a Striker should do - anticipate the ball into a dangerous area and make the move to take a chance or at least open space.  The intent seems to be, he'd rather stand at the edge of the area and take long shots from there, if ever the ball breaks to him.  Problem is, it doesn't.

I definitely feel that we should play Remy.  I even noticed a wee bit of a gut on Costa last night (he says while sipping a beer).  I think he was great last season, but this season he has turned into such an anti-hero that even some Chelsea fans are no longer saying "he's a nutter, but he's our nutter!"

Really hope he gets some form back, soon.  In the meantime, Remy should start.

What is this Bamford nonsense?

This is Chelsea FC for god's sake.

Ok we are currently a bit wobbly but seem to be slowly getting there.  Costa is off the pace scoring goals and seriously, a European heavyweight like Chelsea needs  not one, not two but three strikers who are light years ahead of Bamford to remain competitive.

I've never been convinced by this youth/younger player obsession that some fans have - unless they are absolutely stellar (doesn't happen too often) they can go and learn their trade in the lower Div's first as far as I'm concerned.

Trouble is their agents/family and god knows who else convinces them that they are worth lord knows how much a week, despite being unproven, and then they look at the Prem' which is the only place that could afford that much and thus think there is a perfect match.

Chelsea vs Barca/Real/Juve etc - they'd laugh their bleeding socks off if we fielded Bamford as our goal threat.

What is this Bamford nonsense?

This is Chelsea FC for god's sake.

Ok we are currently a bit wobbly but seem to be slowly getting there. Costa is off the pace scoring goals and seriously, a European heavyweight like Chelsea needs not one, not two but three strikers who are light years ahead of Bamford to remain competitive.

I've never been convinced by this youth/younger player obsession that some fans have - unless they are absolutely stellar (doesn't happen too often) they can go and learn their trade in the lower Div's first as far as I'm concerned.

Trouble is their agents/family and god knows who else convinces them that they are worth lord knows how much a week, despite being unproven, and then they look at the Prem' which is the only place that could afford that much and thus think there is a perfect match.

Chelsea vs Barca/Real/Juve etc - they'd laugh their bleeding socks off if we fielded Bamford as our goal threat.

Just like Barca fielded Munir last season when Suarez wasn't available yet?. I didn't see the world laughing their ass off.

We'll be selling him in the summer. I have no doubts. There were rumours in the summer that he wasn't happy and they now look to have some substance. He wants to be back at Atletico, for my money, and we'd get a decent price for him, maybe do a deal for Griezmann, who knows, or one of their other players. The only trouble is Atletico now have Jackson Martinez so I'm not even sure they'd want Costa, we'll see.

He's a marked man here as far as refs are concerned, and without all the posturing, he doesn't seem to enjoy the game, he'd far rather have a scrap. He's been shown up this season IMO. We've needed leadership and he hasn't provided it, he's gone missing, he's been a liability. He came back overweight and he's still overweight. He doesn't look like an elite athlete, which is what you need in the modern game. I don't think he looks after himself.

He's a troubled soul if you ask me, and while I have some sympathy if that's the case, I'm a Chelsea supporter, and I want players who will stand up and be counted, not this fellow. Jose won't have been impressed, he's nowhere near good enough to be our front line striker, I just can't see a return to his blistering form. Some players, like Hazard, you think they'll come back, some players, you just don't get that feeling, and whatever the reasons for his demise, I just can't see him turning it around to any meaningful degree. He doesn't inspire that sort of confidence, just looking at him. 3 goals is it all season? Plays every game except when he's banned. I can't think of a top line striker that would suffer that sort of form for so long, unless there was a serious problem afoot.

Edit: He's got a face like a slapped arse. His heart's not in it. That attitude spreads. Get rid if you ask me.

Edited by Davey Baby

Ah Munir - all hyped up after U21 etc success and now spectacularly bombing.

I'm not saying don't give youngsters a run out but they are very unlikely to be a replacement to someone like Costa.  We need to aim our sights higher not lower,