Alex Teixeira.

skippy
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

‘I have an offer,’ Teixeira told reporters in Ukraine. ‘It was a pleasure to know that Chelsea wants to sign me.

‘It would be great if the transfer already happens in January.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3295953/Chelsea-planning-January-swoop-Shakhtar-Donetsk-star-Alex-Teixeira.html#ixzz3q0DdFJ4n 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

16 goals in 11 games not to shabby, could be another Willan which would be handy right now.

‘I have an offer,’ Teixeira told reporters in Ukraine. ‘It was a pleasure to know that Chelsea wants to sign me.

‘It would be great if the transfer already happens in January.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3295953/Chelsea-planning-January-swoop-Shakhtar-Donetsk-star-Alex-Teixeira.html#ixzz3q0DdFJ4n

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

16 goals in 11 games not to shabby, could be another Willan which would be handy right now.

Hmm, another attacking midfielder. Loans for either Kenedy or Traore then?

Anyone watch him play regularly? No idea if he's any good barring some impressive goal stats this season. I would rather go for someone in a more superior league, but if he's inexpensive then may as well take the gamble because falcao is injured, remy is mediocre and costa is out of form big time.

Anyone watch him play regularly? No idea if he's any good barring some impressive goal stats this season. I would rather go for someone in a more superior league, but if he's inexpensive then may as well take the gamble because falcao is injured, remy is mediocre and costa is out of form big time.

Yeah seems logic since Willian turned out to be sh**t and the same goes for Douglas Costa. Both from the same league..

Yeah seems logic since Willian turned out to be sh**t and the same goes for Douglas Costa. Both from the same league..

Not every player from eastern bloc will turn out to be a top player in the prem, or even Europe. Willian has only just started performing and bringing something to the team, but he's been far from amazing for us the past seasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe we could sign him for his goals, which is obviously his strength, its something we are lacking. We aren't lacking in the chance creation. Saying we should be wary in case he stops scoring is pretty daft, like saying we shouldn't sign a keeper in case he stops saving

This season has been remarkable when you look at the number of goals, but his previous season wasn't bad either. 22 goals in 37 appearances is a great tally. Especially for a midfielder. Ok, now he's managed the same in just 21 appearances, so he seems to know how to find the goal.

Of course it is daft to be wary of AM who preferably loves playing as a CAM whose strength lies in goal scoring and not on the creative end given he plies his trade in a league weaker than the EPL and given our system is one where AMs are burdened with 'responsibilities'. Of course it would be so easy running from one end of the pitch to the other to bang in those goals without a thought to create for others.

Of course it is daft to be wary of AM who preferably loves playing as a CAM whose strength lies in goal scoring and not on the creative end given he plies his trade in a league weaker than the EPL and given our system is one where AMs are burdened with 'responsibilities'. Of course it would be so easy running from one end of the pitch to the other to bang in those goals without a thought to create for others.

No one playing in the no.10 for us has got close to those figures since Mata and their assists in that position are hardly jaw dropping either as far as I remember , so he scores a lot more goals than our no 10's and gets a few less assists than them.

As others said putting the ball in the back of the net is our issue.

I'd sign the guy in a heartbeat.

No one playing in the no.10 for us has got close to those figures since Mata and their assists in that position are hardly jaw dropping either as far as I remember , so he scores a lot more goals than our no 10's and gets a few less assists than them.

As others said putting the ball in the back of the net is our issue.

I'd sign the guy in a heartbeat.

Yea sure. He would easily transit in our system and keep banging in those goals with an outrageous goal ratio (19 in 13 games) because it all that easy over here.

Yea sure. He would easily transit in our system and keep banging in those goals with an outrageous goal ratio (19 in 13 games) because it all that easy over here.

Who's to say he wouldn't provide assists in this team or this country?

He can only score against teams he's up against and he's doing it at a fantastic rate.

To dismiss him because he's not set up any goals despite scoring most of the teams goals is absurd.