How will you feel if Leicester lift the title at the Bridge?

ShedEnder91
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Not quite a year to the day but with the way the league is right now, it's entirely possible that Leicester win the title on the last day of the season. I hadn't really thought about it until now but quite honestly it's a sickening thought and really brings home just what a failure this season has been thus far.

So how does everyone else feel? If you're likely to be there would you wait around and applaud? Do you even turn up? Is it a case of it being better that it's them rather than Spurs or Arsenal?

Don't agree that it's sickening at all. I'm a football fan as well as a Chelsea fan and Leicester winning the league is a great story and great for football. Plus I'd much rather it was them than Spurs or Arsenal.

It's sickening in the sense that just 12 months ago we were on top of the world, we had JT and Jose in front of the Matthew Harding celebrating with the fans and it was supposed to be the start of something. Now that's all been torn apart in the space of 12 months and the starkest acknowledgement of that will be seeing another set of fans in our ground celebrating. That's the sickening aspect of it for me, the whole 'what could've been' of it all especially with the league there for the taking had we done things slightly differently.

Edited by ShedEnder91

Never good to see at our home ground if it's not us but I'd rather it happen like that than Spuds or Arse winning it.

I'd imagine most fans would leave at FT and that would be that although a number may stay to applaud LC.

I've already written off this season in the league so the disappointment isn't going to be a big thing as I've got most of that out my system by now regarding the EPL.

It's sickening in the sense that just 12 months ago we were on top of the world, we had JT and Jose in front of the Matthew Harding celebrating with the fans and it was supposed to be the start of something. Now that's all been torn apart in the space of 12 months and the starkest acknowledgement of that will be seeing another set of fans in our ground celebrating. That's the sickening aspect of it for me, the whole 'what could've been' of it all especially with the league there for the taking had we done things slightly differently.

Ah, I see what you mean. I've already written off our league season though but if it's Leicester winning it, it will soften the blow if anything. Even if it is at our ground.

Edited by RichardCFC

Is there a situation where it's Leicester or Spurs and the crowd go all in supporting Leicester.

I remember many years ago the last game was meaningless for us but Bolton could stay up with a win. At one stage there was ironic chants of come on Bolton. (We won 2-0 they went down).

This could be different it could be actual support. How many Leicester fans are going to rub your nose in it. For me 0. Spurs fans - doesn't bear thinking, let alone arsenal and Wenger.

"Come on Leicester !" (I have all respect for the view that that is an appalling stance - I'm confused.)

I'm very disillusioned with what's transpired at our club this season, but I'd be happy for Leicester if they lifted the trophy at the Bridge. Ideally it would be great if they had the title won in their second or third last game especially in front of their home supporters.

I can't see how anyone would begrudge them of such a magnificent achievement if it happened at our stadium.

Edited by Jezz

Is there a situation where it's Leicester or Spurs and the crowd go all in supporting Leicester.

I remember many years ago the last game was meaningless for us but Bolton could stay up with a win. At one stage there was ironic chants of come on Bolton. (We won 2-0 they went down).

This could be different it could be actual support. How many Leicester fans are going to rub your nose in it. For me 0. Spurs fans - doesn't bear thinking, let alone arsenal and Wenger.

"Come on Leicester !" (I have all respect for the view that that is an appalling stance - I'm confused.)

I was there for that match and I think it would've been Everton who would've been relegated. I think Jody actually got booed for scoring the second goal, jokingly of course.

Yeah it's better than Arsenal winning it. Spurs are a decent team who have been close to challenging over the last few seasons, especially when they had Bale so whilst I'm not the biggest fan of their support I have a grudging respect for what they've done as a club. 

The saving grace of Leicester winning the season beyond it just stopping a rival from winning is that it's easy to write the season off as a massive aberration. They're easily going to be the worst winners of the league in my lifetime (which makes it even more galling that they're taking our title) but hopefully it's a wake-up call to English football and us in particular. 

Wonder how it all works though. If they lift the title at the Bridge, where do we do our lap of honour/appreciation? 

Wouldn't have any issue with it. From a sporting point of view, if they need a win on the last day of the season and Spurs or Arsenal could still win the league I have no doubt that we would roll over for them and they would get the win they need. That is of course if we truly have nothing to play for and that we can't qualify for the champions league.

I think the same would happen if it was switched as well - if Leicester were playing Arsenal on the last day of the season and we could still win the league, then you'd imagine Arsenal would roll over for them too.

Wouldn't begrudge them doing it at the Bridge at all. We all thought it would be lifted at Stamford Bridge this season again anyway!

I'm very disillusioned with what's transpired at our club this season, but I'd be happy for Leicester if they lifted the trophy at the Bridge, but ideally it would be great if they had the title won in their second or third last game especially in front of their home supporters.

I can't see how anyone would begrudge them of such a magnificent achievement if it happened at our stadium.

The other thing is that this is possibly John Terry's last moment on the pitch as a Chelsea player. We have to be there for that, but the guy who has given everything to the club and is now being allowed to leave when he's got more to give, is going to have his last moment overshadowed by Leicester winning the title because of this board's ineptitude.

It actually makes me feel angry that our best player ever will have that as his last moment and I'm sure rival fans will love it, but for me it's an utter disgrace.

The other thing is that this is possibly John Terry's last moment on the pitch as a Chelsea player. We have to be there for that, but the guy who has given everything to the club and is now being allowed to leave when he's got more to give, is going to have his last moment overshadowed by Leicester winning the title because of this board's ineptitude.

It actually makes me feel angry that our best player ever will have that as his last moment and I'm sure rival fans will love it, but for me it's an utter disgrace.

I hold out a glimmer of hope that Terry will be a Chelsea player beyond this season so a farewell doesn't happen now especially in a time when Leicester could be celebrating a well-deserved title.

However with this board I'm not holding my breath as they show a complete lack of regard for what supporters think.

Wouldn't have any issue with it. From a sporting point of view, if they need a win on the last day of the season and Spurs or Arsenal could still win the league I have no doubt that we would roll over for them and they would get the win they need. 

I can see where you're coming from, but isn't that the opposite of sporting? 

They would have earned it so it's hard not to tip your hat to them.  I've got nothing but respect for Claudio's boys and the way they've given it their all this season.

I agree. The issue for me isn't Leicester's winning it because they've been the best team regardless of the dire quality of the league. The issue is that it crystallises in one moment every failing of this club in recent history. Our supporters absolutely deserve better from this club and it's sickening to think where we were last May and where we are now.

Ideally, I'd love to see every Chelsea supporter put their tickets on the Exchange and every one of them to be bought by Leicester fans. Let 42,000 of their fans celebrate and have every seat....

All except for our players, our board and our owner. They should sit through the whole thing.

@Shedender91 - what I mean by "sporting" is you see it in Sport, particularly football all the time. If a draw suits both teams, 9/10 the result will be a draw. When we beat Liverpool 0-2 when Gerrard played in Drogba in 2010, there was talk then that they hadn't played at full strength because they didn't want United to win the league. What I mean is things like this have happened in football and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

@Shedender91 - what I mean by "sporting" is you see it in Sport, particularly football all the time. If a draw suits both teams, 9/10 the result will be a draw. When we beat Liverpool 0-2 when Gerrard played in Drogba in 2010, there was talk then that they hadn't played at full strength because they didn't want United to win the league. What I mean is things like this have happened in football and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

The example I always think of for situations like this is the Sweden - Denmark game from Euro 2004; a draw sent both sides through and knocked out Italy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2004/3787527.stm

Another thought upon glancing at the match report is how good that Sweden side were compared to how they are now!

I would be delighted tbh - such an incredible story, spuds/arse/utd/city all missing out, and Ranieri at the helm! Standing ovation, support our team and get on with it next season. Don't agree it would be 'sickening' at all - maybe if you're an Arsenal fan given the fact they missed their best chance in years at the title! 

Yeah but you were talking about rolling over for them. That 2010 Liverpool team were just a bad team so I'm not sure they rolled over for us.

I'd like to think that we'd go out and try and win. Mentioned it a few times now but it's possibly JT's last moment on a pitch so you'd hope we'd give a decent account of ourselves, although maybe rolling over for them is a good metaphor for how we've treated this season.

I would be delighted tbh - such an incredible story, spuds/arse/utd/city all missing out, and Ranieri at the helm! Standing ovation, support our team and get on with it next season. Don't agree it would be 'sickening' at all - maybe if you're an Arsenal fan given the fact they missed their best chance in years at the title! 

It was also our best chance in years. We were in a position to dominate after last season and we threw that away, along with our greatest ever coach and our greatest ever player. That's what makes me feel sick.

Arsenal fans will comfort themselves with the fact that Spurs missed out, and so will we apparently. 

Edited by ShedEnder91

They weren't awful - yes they made changes but Reina, Gerrard, Carragher, Mascherano all started and they were all a part of the "spine" of that Liverpool team. After that the Liverpool fans weren't too fussed that they had lost, because like I said it contributed to United not winning the league.

I get what you're saying about going out and trying to win but I just think if it boils down to Leicester or one of Spurs or Arsenal, and we have a say in where it goes then I think we will lose.

Maybe not the right attitude to have but in the grand scheme of things it would be a meaningless loss as we wont go down and more than likely wont finish in the top four, but at the same time we would have prevented Spurs or Arsenal from winning the league.

In terms of a trophy presentation I think what would happen is Leicester would be asked to leave the pitch, let Chelsea do the lap of honour to the fans, and then once that has been completed they will come back out and be presented with the trophy. Usually trophy presentations are done in the centre circle but I would imagine that the stage would be constructed in front of the Leicester fans in the Shed.

*Edit: Leicester would probably come back out to a guard of honour also.

Edited by drjonesy1994