How will you feel if Leicester lift the title at the Bridge?

ShedEnder91
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Maybe not the right attitude to have but in the grand scheme of things it would be a meaningless loss as we wont go down and more than likely wont finish in the top four, but at the same time we would have prevented Spurs or Arsenal from winning the league.

That's such a mid-table attitude though. Not criticising you specifically but is that what this club has become now? I get a bit of deserved stick for being pessimistic about the way our club's run but I think even that's a bit below us.

In terms of a trophy presentation I think what would happen is Leicester would be asked to leave the pitch, let Chelsea do the lap of honour to the fans, and then once that has been completed they will come back out and be presented with the trophy. Usually trophy presentations are done in the centre circle but I would imagine that the stage would be constructed in front of the Leicester fans in the Shed.

This is the worst season I've ever experienced and I've never felt such a lack of connection with this club as I do now so I'm not representative of the support at all in likelihood, but it's probably fitting that a team like Leicester win the title at our ground. It's a massively humbling experience and I really want Roman and the board to soak it in because nothing changes without them changing.

I don't think we call it a lap of honour when we're sh*t. It's a lap of appreciation isn't it? Never sure who is supposed to be appreciating who. 

Edited by ShedEnder91

Mid table attitude for a mid table season, I think the highest we will finish this season could be 7th. I just don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things - it will be a loss on the last day of the season, but we have a new manager coming in probably with a bit of money to spend. All I'm saying is I have seen these things happen in football before, and I just wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

food for thought Shedender: Maybe the players seeing another team winning the league on our own turf could be a kick up the backside needed for them to kick on and win it back.

I think Chelsbear is closer that they probably won't give a damn. Most of them won it last year, most of them get the same pay regardless and don't have any special affinity for this club or it's supporters (as is the same at all clubs not just our's).

There's only one person it needs to impact and that's Roman. I hope he sticks around and watches closely.

Actually that's unfair. I imagine JT will be affected deeply. 

Edited by ShedEnder91

I think Chelsbear is closer that they probably won't give a damn. Most of them won it last year, most of them get the same pay regardless and don't have any special affinity for this club or it's supporters (as is the same at all clubs not just our's).

There's only one person it needs to impact and that's Roman. I hope he sticks around and watches closely.

Actually that's unfair. I imagine JT will be affected deeply.

You make too many random points.

1) Leicester winning the EPL at SB is sickening.

2) JT would be sad and its unfair treatment to him.

3) It should have been us lifting the trophy but for the board's "ineptitude".

4) Players are souless and only here for the money.

5) Hope Roman won't feel guilty and run with his tail behind his legs.

You created this thread to express your opinion on how you would feel if Leicester won the league at the bridge. You would be sickened ( I won't as I feel it is well deserved and like most, rather them than our rivals.). Fine, its your opinion and you're entitled to it. Bringing up random points to prove your argument won't change people's opinion.

Edited by lesblues

I would be delighted tbh - such an incredible story, spuds/arse/utd/city all missing out, and Ranieri at the helm! Standing ovation, support our team and get on with it next season. Don't agree it would be 'sickening' at all - maybe if you're an Arsenal fan given the fact they missed their best chance in years at the title! 

This! I would be happy for them, such an achievement deserves an ovation. So no matter whether they depend on the game against us or not, I hope we give them an ovation. Then support our team during the match, standing ovation to JT, if he plays, for as many minutes as possible (although I hope it is not his last game for Chelsea), and get on with life until next season starts. And hope that Conte brings fresh ideas and good play for next season. If anything, we have exciting days ahead of us after this season is over.

The other thing is that this is possibly John Terry's last moment on the pitch as a Chelsea player.

That reminded me of the customary walk around the pitch of the players with their children: IF Leicester win the title at the Bridge, their celebrations and the Chelsea players' goodbye to the supporters will be one hell of a mixed up event :laugh2:

Edited by Valerie

Fine, its your opinion and you're entitled to it. Bringing up random points to prove your argument won't change people's opinion.

I'm not proving anything. I'm expressing my opinions and not really looking to change anyone else's mind. 

This! I would be happy for them, such an achievement deserves an ovation. So no matter whether they depend on the game against us or not, I hope we give them an ovation. Then support our team during the match, standing ovation to JT, if he plays, for as many minutes as possible (although I hope it is not his last game for Chelsea), and get on with life until next season starts. And hope that Conte brings fresh ideas and good play for next season. If anything, we have exciting days ahead of us after this season is over.

I think they'll get an ovation but the sickening part for me is to see that it could easily have been us had we not weakened the squad or (god forbid) actually gone out and been ambitious this season. To see us tear down so much of the good work and promise in the space of 12 months. I get that you can see it as an opportunity for 'exciting days ahead' but sometimes that doesn't actually transpire. Sometimes you just get worse.

That reminded me of the customary walk around the pitch of the players with their children: IF Leicester win the title at the Bridge, their celebrations and the Chelsea players' goodbye to the supporters will be one hell of a mixed up event :laugh2:

It's a lovely moment at the end of the season and it's always great to see the families on the pitch.

So what happens? JT's on the pitch with his family and then he has to be ushered off so we can do the presentation for the cameras or do we have to sit through Leicester lifting the title and then the players do a lap of honour?

Considering the way Lamps and Ashley were treated I expect the fans might not get the chance to say goodbye properly.

would be great to see Claudio lift it at the bridge, but only after a loss or a draw!!.

I still have this horrible scenario in my mind of chelsea turning leicester over and handing it to arsenal on the last day

Yeah exactly. Would cap off a horrible season if we turned over the foxes and arsenal or Spurs won the league.

would be great to see Claudio lift it at the bridge, but only after a loss or a draw!!.

I still have this horrible scenario in my mind of chelsea turning leicester over and handing it to arsenal on the last day

or Tottenham. Either would be terrible.

edit: axman said it first

Edited by Stim

The year before last a huge number of the crowd booed and stormed off at the final whistle of the last day of the season because we drew 0=0 - which makes me think the players' parade with their family members doesn't mean that much to a huge part of our fan base - therefore I don't think anyone will be that fussed if Leicester's trophy celebrations are happening at the same time. 

i think arsenal would be far worst than spurs, i would not mind spurs lifting it as it would be great for their fans who have never seen it before, whereas arsenal can piss off, they have won it plenty and like man u and liverpool, they still think they have a divine right to it

Best thing that could happen for football. It reminds the 'big' clubs that football is more than the money coming in and out. It's about the fans, many who dream of winning a trophy but deep down they know they won't. When we lifted the league it was something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime, I enjoyed every moment of it. Let Leicester have their glory, they will have fully deserved it if they go on to win the league. How will I feel if they do it at the Bridge? I'll be happy to see that football has a way of reinventing itself again,stopping itself getting boring. We quite possibly should have won it again this year with better strengthening, who can tell if we would have or been as sick as a chip like Arsenal and Spurs fans will be, thinking this should have been our year. Come on Leicester you can do it.

The year before last a huge number of the crowd booed and stormed off at the final whistle of the last day of the season because we drew 0=0 - which makes me think the players' parade with their family members doesn't mean that much to a huge part of our fan base - therefore I don't think anyone will be that fussed if Leicester's trophy celebrations are happening at the same time. 

It wasn't a huge number if memory serves, but there were a lot of grumbles after a sh*t performance against Norwich.

The thing is, we didn't know Lamps was going and it hadn't been confirmed that Ashley was definitely leaving so it was a bit of a weird one (nor was it the last match of the season because we still had to go to Cardiff, and in my experience you get more staying behind after the very last game).

This year though, JT looks to be leaving and we know it's coming. That to me is what the last game of our season should be about and it's going to be awful if it doesn't.

Best thing that could happen for football. 

Isn't that if we win it?

It wasn't a huge number if memory serves, but there were a lot of grumbles after a sh*t performance against Norwich.

The thing is, we didn't know Lamps was going and it hadn't been confirmed that Ashley was definitely leaving so it was a bit of a weird one (nor was it the last match of the season because we still had to go to Cardiff, and in my experience you get more staying behind after the very last game).

This year though, JT looks to be leaving and we know it's coming. That to me is what the last game of our season should be about and it's going to be awful if it doesn't.

Isn't that if we win it?

Have to disagree with you there - I was in the MHU lower behind the corner flag and a few minutes after the final whistle I was one of the only people left from the entire section - hundreds stormed out. There was a thread on here where loads of people were voicing their annoyance at the walk-out rather than the performance. We didn't know for sure Lamps/Ashley wouldn't sign but we sure as hell had an idea they would be off so I was surprised so few people stayed.