How will you feel if Leicester lift the title at the Bridge?

ShedEnder91
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

No offence intended but reading this post makes me think your either young or never been to Spurs away.

You mention "being attacked on twitter" blimey mate being called a name on social media doesnt compare to having to run the gauntlet walking down the seven sisters road where Spurs fans were/are more than happy to attack away fans, women/kids/oaps fans in shirts anyone is fair game to them.

Think back to the video of Chelsea fans being attacked at a train station after our cup final last season.

Our history with Spurs goes back to the 60s both in violence & on the pitch, 67 cup final defeat, 75 helping relegate us while kicking the sh*t out of our fans on their pitch, 82 cup qrt final & knocking us out, 08 cup final, the level of hatred is summed up with our cup tie in 07 which saw 10 people stabbed(mainly Spurs) hours after the game, of course i dont condone that behaviour it has no place in football but i'm just trying to explain the level of hatred between both sets of fans.

Obviously on the pitch Arsenal will always be their main rivals but off it its us.

I hate to say it but Spurs support is still in the main proper support, Arsenal's support has become so muggy its funny, middle aged men in half & half home & away kits, Arsenal fan TV where their fans vent their fury at their club makes good watching after their games, they have fans who make rap songs while filming themselves, Arsenal fans exist for the rest of the football world to laugh at.

Arsenal always have been & always will be London's biggest club, there's no harm in admitting it, also Arsenal have won titles & cups & will do again, Spurs like to give it to us about having no history, yet they have gone 55 years without a title, we went 50 years, they have only won two league cups in 25 years, we went 27 years without a trophy, the thought of them winning anything let alone a title sickens me & most older other Chelsea fans, maybe its an age thing.

Boom.

Everything Carshalton said.

No offence intended but reading this post makes me think your either young or never been to Spurs away.

You mention "being attacked on twitter" blimey mate being called a name on social media doesnt compare to having to run the gauntlet walking down the seven sisters road where Spurs fans were/are more than happy to attack away fans, women/kids/oaps fans in shirts anyone is fair game to them.

Think back to the video of Chelsea fans being attacked at a train station after our cup final last season.

Our history with Spurs goes back to the 60s both in violence & on the pitch, 67 cup final defeat, 75 helping relegate us while kicking the sh*t out of our fans on their pitch, 82 cup qrt final & knocking us out, 08 cup final, the level of hatred is summed up with our cup tie in 07 which saw 10 people stabbed(mainly Spurs) hours after the game, of course i dont condone that behaviour it has no place in football but i'm just trying to explain the level of hatred between both sets of fans.

Obviously on the pitch Arsenal will always be their main rivals but off it its us.

I hate to say it but Spurs support is still in the main proper support, Arsenal's support has become so muggy its funny, middle aged men in half & half home & away kits, Arsenal fan TV where their fans vent their fury at their club makes good watching after their games, they have fans who make rap songs while filming themselves, Arsenal fans exist for the rest of the football world to laugh at.

Arsenal always have been & always will be London's biggest club, there's no harm in admitting it, also Arsenal have won titles & cups & will do again, Spurs like to give it to us about having no history, yet they have gone 55 years without a title, we went 50 years, they have only won two league cups in 25 years, we went 27 years without a trophy, the thought of them winning anything let alone a title sickens me & most older other Chelsea fans, maybe its an age thing.

Well, I don't know what you class as young (age is relative). I'm 21 years old. And yes, I must admit, I've never attended a match at White Hart Lane. I can only judge from personal experience and trust me, mate, "being attacked on Twitter" is not exactly pleasant, lol. I wasn't just "called a name", we're talking death threats and posting some really sick, gruesome stuff about myself and my family. This kind of stuff only ever seems to happen with Arsenal and Liverpool fans. I've only ever exchanged friendly banter with Spurs supporters.

I must admit, I do take issue with what you said here.

"Arsenal always have been & always will be London's biggest club."

For the past decade we've been superior to them. Even now, in the midst of this disastrous season, we still managed to beat them home and away. The past cannot be changed. But right now (and for the foreseeable future) we are London's biggest club (this season is just a minor blip). Don't let anyone tell you different.

As thinking the same thing, he us either very young or not English. Spud fans are c**ts in the main ( other than our resident spud, who's more Chelsea than Tottenham now anyway).

With grammar like yours, you're either very young or not English... Sorry, I couldn't resist.

For the past decade we've been superior to them. Even now, in the midst of this disastrous season, we still managed to beat them home and away. The past cannot be changed. But right now (and for the foreseeable future) we are London's biggest club (this season is just a minor blip). Don't let anyone tell you different.

But Carshalton is right in what he says. Due to historical success and general history in the media (Herbert Chapman's marble halls of Highbury and all that) Arsenal always will be looked upon as the biggest London club. It's media perception.

How many times have Arsenal won the Champions League? How many London Clubs have won it?

Valid point.

But again its about perception and how these things are measured. They would cite, bigger fan base, longer history of success, number of trophies over the years etc.

Unfortunately life seems to be measured by the picture the media draw. After all some clowns think West Ham won the World Cup.

I think the point that Casharlton is making, which i tend to agree with, is that in the eyes of the ordinary, disaffected, punter Arsenal would be looked upon as the bigger club than Chelsea.

We've undoubtedly grown as a club, traditionally though the 'big 5' in English football were United,Liverpool,Arsenal, Spurs and bizarrely Everton. These were clubs who had the biggest support and were behind the concept of a breakaway league long before the advent of the premier league.

It's a stupid argument to say that Arsenal will always be looked upon as the biggest club in London. People above have been citing the history they built up blah blah blah. We're in the process of making history right now (that's not to say we didn't have it before). In 50 years time its possible that Brentford could be the biggest club in London! Media perception is not a fixed entity. It can change. I predict it will.

Well, I don't know what you class as young (age is relative). I'm 21 years old. And yes, I must admit, I've never attended a match at White Hart Lane. I can only judge from personal experience and trust me, mate, "being attacked on Twitter" is not exactly pleasant, lol. I wasn't just "called a name", we're talking death threats and posting some really sick, gruesome stuff about myself and my family. This kind of stuff only ever seems to happen with Arsenal and Liverpool fans. I've only ever exchanged friendly banter with Spurs supporters.

Then going by your age & not ever going to White Hart Lane you must appreciate us older fans views of Spurs given our experiences.

Regards twitter why not just block the mugs doing it? sticks & stones & all that.

As for Arsenal while i'm the same as you & not liking the fact but the facts are they are London's biggest club.

So forest are bigger then arsenal if that's the case arsenal are a bigger club then Chelsea in London anyway

I didn't know Forest was a London based club, but I do know that sentence (and I use the word in its loosest sense) above doesn't make much sense.

you based the fact arsenal have never won the European cup that it doesn't entitle them to be a bigger club then us.  which I believe Arsenal are a bigger club not saying they always will be but at this moment in type I think they are.  My point is winning a European cup doesn't mean your a bigger club then any other.  Hopefully one day we will be seen as the biggest club in London

Valid point.

But again its about perception and how these things are measured. They would cite, bigger fan base, longer history of success, number of trophies over the years etc.

Unfortunately life seems to be measured by the picture the media draw. After all some clowns think West Ham won the World Cup.

I think the point that Casharlton is making, which i tend to agree with, is that in the eyes of the ordinary, disaffected, punter Arsenal would be looked upon as the bigger club than Chelsea.

Arsenal are known on the world stage, we've only been known globally since Roman came in.

It's a stupid argument to say that Arsenal will always be looked upon as the biggest club in London. People above have been citing the history they built up blah blah blah. We're in the process of making history right now (that's not to say we didn't have it before). In 50 years time its possible that Brentford could be the biggest club in London! Media perception is not a fixed entity. It can change. I predict it will.

I have to disagree there, so take Man Utd for example they have always been a big club & always will be, whats the difference with Arsenal?

In 50 years time Man Utd could be in League 2, they'll still be classed as a big club though, same as Forest/Sheff Weds/Leeds are even though their in the Championship.

Leicester winning it just proves how poor this competition has become in the last 3-4 years compared to other leagues in Europe, Entertaining is not necessarily quality I am afraid,  this team barely saved themselves from relegation last year and then win it the next year? It's a great story for the papers but not an advocate for the quality of EPL, Leicester will get trashed in CL next year, same for Spurs, 

Leicester winning it just proves how poor this competition has become in the last 3-4 years compared to other leagues in Europe, Entertaining is not necessarily quality I am afraid,  this team barely saved themselves from relegation last year and then win it the next year? It's a great story for the papers but not an advocate for the quality of EPL, Leicester will get trashed in CL next year, same for Spurs, 

It sums it up how poor its been when we're only 10 points from 4th spot!!

Wolfsburg won the womens champions league at Stamford bridge in 2013, it I a good stadium to watch a team lift a trophy as you are very close to the pitch.

Huddersfield town, Aston Villa and Tottenham also won the FA cup at Stamford bridge

Arsenal in this country are perceived as the biggest London club still, but as a worldwide club and brand we are the larger now in my opinion, 7 champ lge semi finals and two finals and one victory, compared to arsenal having one semi and one final, has pushed as ahead, plus players like didier and essien promoting us in Africa has helped

Edited by chi blue

um not bothered about being a 'big' club. I loved Chelsea when I was growing up because I was from the area, my dad was Chelsea and we took 20 k plus supporters to division 2. All my mates at school were Liverpool fans although we were in school in Mitcham. I used to take the piss out of them even though I was outnumbered. f**k being popular and a glory hunter. There was never and never will be any other club for me. Although football has changed beyond belief. For me I'm glad I was born in the era I was and am proud of where I was born and bred. That's what 'your' team should be about.

Just seen this thread and simple answer to question is : I will be delighted if Leicester do it...would be happy for ranieri and huth...also as a football fan, got to love a story like this...and obviously far more palatable than either of the north London duo doing it

As for who is biggest club argument, its not something that really troubles me as I support chelsea regardless of whether they're successful or not...however, there is a very strong arguement to be made that by winning the champions league, we are now seen on a different level...you certainly get the impression that we are viewed outside this country as biggest club in London because of our superior record and impact in Europe