Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

On 7/06/2017 at 07:00, didierforever said:

Fair enough (though I dont agree with it being Utd one bit).

My point (or rather more a question) still stands. What is the difference between what United/X/Y/Z club are doing with Lukaku or what we did with Stones to what Pool has done with VVD.

My understanding is that Southampton objected when the press were trumpeting Klopp's secret meeting with Van Dijk in Blackpool. Even with all the murkiness that goes on behind the scenes that's still a pretty big red line (see: Mou and Ash in a London restaurant).

Would be funny AF if they end up getting a points deduction and it isn't suspended on account of their previous sanctions around youth signings.

10 hours ago, BellettiBullet said:

From Jamie Carragher's Twitter about VVD.

FFS! Only person at Liverpool who should apologise is the person who fed the story he wanted to come to LFC when no fee had been agreed.

Spoken in true ex-Liverpool player fashion. Will not criticise his club for anything and tries to find someone else to blame :rolleyes:

Carjacker coming across as totally ignorant about what 'tapping up' is and why it's banned. Liverpool should face sanctions over this - hopefully a transfer ban - but Carjacker thinks they have nothing to apologise for. 

I'm not saying we haven't been guilty of this in the past, as we were correctly done for it over the Ashley Cole business, but Liverpool shouldn't be let off just because they've said sorry.

22 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Carjacker coming across as totally ignorant about what 'tapping up' is and why it's banned. Liverpool should face sanctions over this - hopefully a transfer ban - but Carjacker thinks they have nothing to apologise for. 

I'm not saying we haven't been guilty of this in the past, as we were correctly done for it over the Ashley Cole business, but Liverpool shouldn't be let off just because they've said sorry.

Exactly. Carragher really isn't adding any smart analysis to the debate. Just because someone has fed the story to the media, does not give Liverpool permission to break the rules. It's like he didn't even read what he wrote (or he did a John Aldridge and most likely phoned it in from the pub) :biggrin:

51 minutes ago, BellettiBullet said:

Exactly. Carragher really isn't adding any smart analysis to the debate. Just because someone has fed the story to the media, does not give Liverpool permission to break the rules. It's like he didn't even read what he wrote (or he did a John Aldridge and most likely phoned it in from the pub) :biggrin:

I think the feeling is that all teams break the rules (to a degree) and bringing it into the spotlight get's Liverpool in trouble when they ought not have been (as generally everyone looks the other way).  Thus why the fans and Jamie are pissed off at the leak, rather than the club.

52 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I think there may be more to that than it seems. Most if not all of the Saudi Arabia players play in Saudi Arabia - if they "appear" to respect the minute's silence they potentially put themselves and more in danger from extremists.

Edited by the special one

45 minutes ago, LengmanJedi said:

Not saying I approve or disapprove of the teams actions but surely they are entitled in a democratic country to do as they please as long as they aren't laughing/joking or something?

It's not that democratic over there :smile:  But I suspect the special one may be rigbt: it's a complicated political and religious situation for the players, and they might have been careful to seem very, very neutral.

38 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Don't forget Saudi Arabia is the worlds number one supporter of terrorism. 

Actually it's Iran that's #1 but the "Kingdom" is right up there for sure.

55 minutes ago, Scott said:

Actually it's Iran that's #1 but the "Kingdom" is right up there for sure.

Stop repeating the lies your boy trump tells you. Iran does support some terrorism but Saudi Arabia is number one. 

Wahhabism to ISIS: how Saudi Arabia exported the main source of global terrorism

http://www.newstatesman.com/world-affairs/2014/11/wahhabism-isis-how-saudi-arabia-exported-main-source-global-terrorism

If this was us, Collymore would be going into overdrive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40260517

Spanish prosecutors have accused the Real Madrid footballer Cristiano Ronaldo of defrauding the authorities of millions of euros in tax.

The prosecutor's office in Madrid says it has filed a lawsuit against the Portuguese player.

He is accused of evading tax of 14.7m euros (£13m; $16m) from 2011 to 2014.

The world's highest-paid sports star had previously said he was not worried about tax investigations as he had nothing to hide.

On this occasion he is accused of knowingly using a "business structure" to hide income made from his image rights.

In December, leaked documents suggested that Ronaldo had avoided tax on income allegedly held in offshore accounts.

He denied the allegations.

When asked about that investigation, he told a journalist from Radio Television Portuguesa (RTP) "Quien no debe no teme", which roughly translates as "He who has nothing to hide has no fear."

Ronaldo is the world's highest-paid sportsperson for the second successive year, according to Forbes' annual list of the world's wealthiest people.

He earned $93m (£72.05m) from salary, bonuses and endorsements last year.