Sergio Aguero

We are only 6 or 7 seasons late...

It would still be a dream signing. If Pep is really that stupid to let him go (I think he is. See Eto'o, Ibra and Mandzukic for proof) we should snap him up. 

Only the signing of Sanchez could possibly top it as far as what is available this summer.

I'm going to go against the tide here and say we should stay clear. We've got a history of signing strikers at this age and it not going well. Especially strikers who rely on pace and have a history of injuries. Just look at my username, I think we need to take a punt on a Belotti or Morata and someone like Lorente as a backup to one of those and Michy.

Like spiller mentioned, 6 or 7 years too late. We should of paid up for him back then like we maybe should pay up for a Morata/Belotti right now.

Edited by Sheva

Supposedly Pep has given the green light for Chelsea to speak to Aguero. He's 29...injury prone, and has some bad blood between Chelsea players and himself. It's just not worth it...unless it's for like 15 million. 

Even then it's more squeeze than juice. 

24 minutes ago, Sheva said:

I'm going to go against the tide here and say we should stay clear. We've got a history of signing strikers at this age and it not going well. Especially strikers who rely on pace and have a history of injuries. Just look at my username, I think we need to take a punt on a Belotti or Morata and someone like Lorente as a backup to one of those and Michy.

Like spiller mentioned, 6 or 7 years too late. We should of paid up for him back then like we maybe should pay up for a Morata/Belotti right now.

The difference was that Shevchenko was already showing signs he was losing his magic before we signed him. Torres was another, he was awful for the first half of Liverpool's season before he joined us.

Aguero scored more goals last season than he has in any other season of his career. That doesn't look like a player that is slowing down to me.

2 minutes ago, mcartoscelli said:

Supposedly Pep has given the green light for Chelsea to speak to Aguero. He's 29...injury prone, and has some bad blood between Chelsea players and himself. It's just not worth it...unless it's for like 15 million. 

He does pick up the odd injury here and there every season, but he's not massively injury prone. He has played 30+ league games and 40+ games overall in all but one season for City since he joined. Also, if he does pick up an injury and misses a few games, then we have competent back up in Batshuayi. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

The difference was that Shevchenko was already showing signs he was losing his magic before we signed him. Torres was another, he was awful for the first half of Liverpool's season before he joined us.

Aguero scored more goals last season than he has in any other season of his career. That doesn't look like a player that is slowing down to me.

Sheva came off a near 30 goal season and Torres bagged a good few for Liverpool before he joined us. I remember him taking us apart at Anfield.

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Even he's not what he was 2-3 seasons ago, I have no problem signing him up. It's very unlikely through, City doesn't need to money, and the Kun scores goals, even someone as arrogant as Pep would admit that.

This is the issue hes that arrogant he believes he could sell their best player for the last 5 years and still win the league

36 minutes ago, mcartoscelli said:

and chelsea fans are angry that atletico wants costa for 25m lol

6 minutes ago, Andreas said:

People act like you are shot dead at 29.. come on.

He would give us 3-4 seasons and has a great goals to game ratio. Not a long term fix by any means but what else could we do? Running out of options.

I have no problem with signing him and he could do good for us, I just believe we have a history of these type of transfers. I'd argue he's had his prime years at City as he started very very young. Wasn't he playing competitive football in Argentina at 16?

Edited by Sheva