Sergio Aguero

PythonLu
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

50 minutes ago, Andreas said:

People act like you are shot dead at 29.. come on.

He would give us 3-4 seasons and has a great goals to game ratio. Not a long term fix by any means but what else could we do? Running out of options.

This is one of the more interesting stories, I would say certainly two decent seasons (maybe more) and he will want to do well this season as it is a world cup season.

I agree it looks like we might be running out of options.

I wonder how he would gel in the dressing room with Luiz and Willian.

Certainly a top striker though a little on the short side for me.

What would be the likely price?

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

This is something I hadn't thought about. Luiz and Aguero really seem to hate each other. It doesn't seem likely the board would want troubles in the dressing room, even if it means they get a top striker.  

4 minutes ago, Geert The Flyer said:

This is something I hadn't thought about. Luiz and Aguero really seem to hate each other. It doesn't seem likely the board would want troubles in the dressing room, even if it means they get a top striker.  

They are professionals, even if Aguero is that much of a c*nt he wouldn't start unnecessary fights with teammates

18 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

This is one of the more interesting stories, I would say certainly two decent seasons (maybe more) and he will want to do well this season as it is a world cup season.

I agree it looks like we might be running out of options.

Certainly a top striker though a little on the short side for me.

What would be the likely price?

The good thing, is, that Agüero has never really relied on pace.  He's not the slowest player ever, but I think he's one of the types of strikers who could continue to play well at age 32-33, which would give us at least 3 good years and maybe more.

23 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I wrote a post about this a few pages back. Players have had confrontations and then gone on to be team mates in the past, these things happen. On the field problems are usually left on the field, they are more often than not forgotten about after the game. 

I don't see why he would have any problems with Willian, have they had personally issues in the past or is this just a Brazil vs Argentina thing ? If it's the latter then it won't be an issue. Tons of players from these two countries have played together for many clubs over the years.

Edited by Scott Harris

41 minutes ago, Geert The Flyer said:

Jose and Eto'o "hated" each other in the mid 00's then combined together to win the treble at Inter Milan.

11 minutes ago, Spandau Billy said:

How much would we have spend on Aguero?

If it were up to me and everyone involved is ok with it, I'd go 35-40. Anything approaching 60 then Morata/Belotti/Pierre is a much better gamble

In my opinion, there is no way we'll get Aguero.

If I'm wrong, first person to quote this comment gets to decide my new profile picture for a month, anything they choose (within reason, don't want to get banned haha) 

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Why are so many people saying he is past his best when last season was his most prolific season to date ?

Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people are extremely cautious when it comes to strikers close to 30. We've had our fingers burnt a few times in recent memory and I think it's colouring the judgement here. The same caution isn't there for Sanchez in a similar age bracket.

I'm a hopeful fellow, so I'm just drawn to the excitement that adding either Aguero or Aubameyang to the side brings. It could go tits up, but I'll hold out hope until I'm proven wrong.

I don't see city selling their record goalscorer to us, when he still has at least 3 years left at the top. 

I don't even see aguero wanting to come here. 

Aguero has said many times, he will go back to independiente when he is city contract finishes. 

We won't pay the fee or the wages required to even tempt city and aguero. 

I would be very happy if it happened, but I dont think there is any truth in it, if we are seriously turning to aguero, I think the board need there head shaking. We would be better off putting our energy into transfer that we might be able to conclude. This smells like the last time we were desperate for a striker, and we ended up chasing rooney. 

26 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Why are so many people saying he is past his best when last season was his most prolific season to date ?

In the RDM/Rafa season Lampard had his third most prolific season for us, yet i don't think many would argue he wasn't past his best at that time. In the same season up in Manchester, Rooney also had his 3rd most prolific season at United but not many could argue he was slowly starting to decline.

28 minutes ago, Argo said:

In the RDM/Rafa season Lampard had his third most prolific season for us, yet i don't think many would argue he wasn't past his best at that time. In the same season up in Manchester, Rooney also had his 3rd most prolific season at United but not many could argue he was slowly starting to decline.

That was actually Lampard's 7th most prolific season for us, 3rd in the league, but 7th overall. You're wrong about Rooney too. That was Rooney's joint 4th most prolific in the league and joint 8th most prolific overall. With Aguero, last season was his most prolific overall. He's never scored more than 33 goals in all competitions before.

You also need to factor in that Lampard and Rooney at their best were playing in a much tougher league. Their peak years just happened to coincide with the Premier League's best years to date. If they were at their peak now, they would probably both be scoring 20+ league goals a season comfortably.

Edited by Scott Harris

Apart from any concerns people have over his age, injuries, bad blood etc I think he would be an ok signing and he will score goals. Anything south of 40 would be fine. However City don't need to sell, don't think they want to sell and why sell to us, a direct competitor for the EPL. Think if he goes they'll probably opt for an abroad option even at less money.

Goose my business head says you are right, after all if we beat them to league title by a point with Aguero scoring the decider and they are second it would be the stuff of nightmares for them.

Of course if we did get him we get a proven top EPL scorer, on the other hand if we get Auba instead he could turn into another Kezman.