Sergio Aguero

PythonLu
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

5 hours ago, bjd said:

Hang on, people don't honestly think that City would sell him to us do they? :good2:

I wouldn't rule it out.

Pep has clearly preferred Gabriel Jesus and he hasn't been shy in the past of moving on big strikers who had been doing well (Eto'o, Zlatan, Mandzukic are three who come to mind). 

Now whether they would sell to us is another matter. But I say again RVP went to United, Cech to Arsenal, Sterling to City.  It's not impossible, he's still the best striker in the league by a distance despite the injuries. Pace was never his only asset like Torres. 

Worth an enquiry, he's certainly better value than anything else available on the market now. 

Just now, jack_super_class said:

You said it

Yeah I said what your saying is tosh, sky sources are usually not far off at all, when do sky say 'this journo reckons such n such'???

They don't!

I'd believe sky or the BBC over any other outlet or yuppie suit sat on Twitter lol

8 hours ago, Sheva said:

I'm going to go against the tide here and say we should stay clear. We've got a history of signing strikers at this age and it not going well. Especially strikers who rely on pace and have a history of injuries. Just look at my username, I think we need to take a punt on a Belotti or Morata and someone like Lorente as a backup to one of those and Michy.

Like spiller mentioned, 6 or 7 years too late. We should of paid up for him back then like we maybe should pay up for a Morata/Belotti right now.

It has since been revealed that the deal didn't happen because Carlo did not want Aguero. 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

3 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Sky sources get it wrong all the time.

Anyway all they have said is that we are interested in signing him, wow.

I'm not even particularly keen on him now anyway, 5 years to late like others say, We alllll know we need a striker asap, any clues as to who we actually going for? My all mighty all seeing all knowing master ...?...

Heh

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It has since been revealed that the deal didn't happen because Carlo did not want Agustin. 

Out of interest how would you feel about this happening? As i recall you saying you were gutted about Torres i was curious to your thought's in potential similar (ish)  transfer  (in terms of from 2 English clubs and both past there very best).

5 minutes ago, AndyBlue82 said:

Laughing at those calling him old, he's only 29! Drogs was still firing at 29!

Agreed.  I don't think Aguero is going to lose his effectiveness as early as say, Aubameyang, because he is more technical and strong, rather than pacey.

Imagine being a City fan and thinking you're a bigger club than us therefore players wouldn't leave you for us.  what a crock of sh*t.  You were a relegation fodder side before the cash, winning sod all

Funny thing is Wenger has been adamant all summer Sanchez is not going to a rival, yet City fans come up with ridiculous theories and crap to suggest the deal will happen. From body language, believing journos on twitter just because they're Chilean etc

Yet for example City saying Aguero wont leave is cast iron.   Double standards

#Chelsea believe Aguero could be open to leaving Man City as Jesus establishes himself as their main striker, but a deal is unlikely. [Mail]

Pep Guardiola and Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarek maintain they do not want to sell Sergio Aguero. [Mail]

Time for the club to move on and stump up the cash for PEA. He's the only striker that is available and we need someone who is prove. We can't risk not getting someone in.  If we don't get him, we will be absolutely screwed next season and it will be embarrassing for Conte. 

Does anyone get the feeling City are dangling the Agüero carrot in front of us, in hope that we miss out on are other targets dealing with City, only to then slam the door shut in our faces?  Leaving us with no striker come the start of the season.

21 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

Does anyone get the feeling City are dangling the Agüero carrot in front of us, in hope that we miss out on are other targets dealing with City, only to then slam the door shut in our faces?  Leaving us with no striker come the start of the season.

No way would that happen.  Negotiations take weeks or even months to complete with many factors at play.  I wouldn't be surprised if the board are in talks with a few strikers as we speak and would use that against City if things went stale.

Well Dortmund have set a deadline by 24th July (?) for PEA situation to be sorted so the board need to be sure that Augero is available and City are willing to sell him to us. 

Otherwise, we're knackered.