Everton Vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 30/04 2017 KO 14:05 GMT

Chatting with a Spurs fan last week. He kept moaning that our run in was easier than theirs.

Didn't like it when I said "so we've already played the harder teams, and you've played the easier ones and are still behind us"

Edited by Shug

3 hours ago, jack h said:

There can't be a microphone within 50 feet of our fans, even when we scored you could barely hear anything. The whole ground is just silent.

It really wasn't - we sang loud and proud all the match - sorry there were no mikes but our fans were immense!

1 hour ago, Fansince65 said:

Hopefully we'll have done it without his help!

well we can't mathematically though so since there is only 1 game or 3 points to play for in between now and their Man U game, that is the biggest opportunity for us, they just passed one hard test I doubt they will drop points to the other teams they play, if we win our next 2 and Man U beat them, we will have a 7 point gap with 2 to go, so we win the league, there is a very good chance that that will be teh way we will win it, if we win our next two of course, then yes Mou can win chelsea the league by winning against spurs, would be poetic. 

Well there you go I was wrong. Spurs were able to manage with the pressure of our win and restored the 4 point gap with a 9th win on the spin. Impressive and credit to them. I truly believe they will win the last 4 as well. 

However what a massive win for us today. 4 point gap protected and 3 of our last 4 at home to basement teams. All we have to do is win our home games so we have no excuses. We have to go on and win this title now. Only way we do not is if we let ourselves down. Well done Lads! 

4 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

well we can't mathematically though so since there is only 1 game or 3 points to play for in between now and their Man U game, that is the biggest opportunity for us, they just passed one hard test I doubt they will drop points to the other teams they play, if we win our next 2 and Man U beat them, we will have a 7 point gap with 2 to go, so we win the league, there is a very good chance that that will be teh way we will win it, if we win our next two of course, then yes Mou can win chelsea the league by winning against spurs, would be poetic. 

Leicester will give them a game.

6 hours ago, Don Conte said:

IF PEDRO is still on this pitch at halftime then conte has serious issues. it is easy to man mark costa and just leave pedro free bcoz he is utterly useless, we need willian for pedro and have hazard as the second striker 

:laugh2:

4 hours ago, evissy said:

Arsenal playing 3-4-3 once again.

They were so lost today. Not one player from that team can hold their heads high. They should of lost by a lot more too. Although I wanted Arsenal to win, if they did they would of got way too cocky about this 3-4-3 working for them. Gives Wenger something else to think about.  It shows how good a job Conte has done that other managers are trying to replicate his formation.

1 minute ago, STATS said:

They were so lost today. Not one player from that team can hold their heads high. They should of lost by a lot more too. Although I wanted Arsenal to win, if they did they would of got way too cocky about this 3-4-3 working for them. Gives Wenger something else to think about.  It shows how good a job Conte has done that other managers are trying to replicate his formation.

I would rather Arsenal have "false hope" with the 3-4-3 system, so that they play it against us in the final. :wink:

3 hours ago, TheBluesBrother said:

Spurs are like a dog with a bone.....................they just won't let go of it.

and just like all dogs they sooner or later get mastered. It will be so sweeter knowing they came close but ended up like all Spurs teams of the past...potless.

What an awesome result...what a Brucie bonus...hoped for a point but getting all three is huge...means we stay ahead of Spurs even if they beat West Ham Friday, that's huge psychologically...

i think our result was far bigger than Tottenham's...we beat a team who'd won eight straight at home, they beat a sh*te Arsenal team...yet once again all the headlines are about Spurs and putting us under pressure...surely we've shown  we can handle pressure by way we've won last three games after Utd defeat, inclduing beating their beloved spurs...the anti chelsea agenda is nowhere near as bad as in previous years, but still feels like a lot of the media are rooting for Spurs 

46 minutes ago, STATS said:

Thought Cech played very well, given the pathetic 'defence' in front of him

Delighted with the result, feels like it could be a momentous 3 points for us a la QPR away the last time we won the League. Thought we weren't very good at all for the first hour, lacking focus and perhaps the players were feeling a bit nervous. What an incredible strike by Pedro, he's scored some vital goals this season and has become an excellent foil to Hazard and Costa. He was garbage at times last season but has acclimatised brilliantly to the Premier League, happy that he's proved me wrong. Great that we got a clean sheet, even if Everton weren't really at it today. David Luiz is emerging as a real leader in this side, playing through the pain barrier is the kind of thing you love to see as a fan. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad, Conte suggested after the game that it shouldn't be much of an issue.

It was a shame that Arsenal couldn't do us a favour but it really shouldn't matter. We have 4 very winnable games left, and we need 9 points (assuming Tottenham win all of their games). It's not over yet but we are hitting a good vein of form at just the right time. On to the next. Come on Chelsea!

Edited by Celery1989

5 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

It really wasn't - we sang loud and proud all the match - sorry there were no mikes but our fans were immense!

Certainly didn't intend to be critical of the fans, just the way it sounded on tele at the time.

Yep, I can vouch for what beerqueen said...we were the only ones making noise throughout...Goodison was flat all day, weird given the run they've been on...Pedro goal led to sheer mayhem - just one of those celebrations where everyone is going fcuking mental