Your all time Chelsea front three. Who would you choose?

erskblue
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 02/09/2017 at 17:19, erskblue said:

Ha Ha you not listening to your Mrs.

Sorry!

I still blame my poor 4th Year exam results in Secondary School, back in 1982/83 on our fight against relegation to Division 3!!

My Mrs cost us promotion in 79/80. We'd started going out in February and I took her to two games that season, Fulham and QPR at home, both 0-2 defeats, and we missed out on goal difference after Westham hoisted the white flag at Roker Park. Still, she's a dyed in the wool Blue now, not a bad old girl.

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/9/2017 at 11:57, tottonblue said:

Hickey had the goggles to see the way,greenaway had the voice to command,

and babs could point the way

Great answer.........Before i die id like to see Hickey Babs n eccles get all their followers and do the meet at .....12oc VICTORIA......and head for spudland......

On 17/10/2017 at 04:11, old git said:

All terrific strikers but didn't hit the heights for us, for whatever reason.

All joined at the wrong time in their careers or couldn't adapt to English football.

Torres, too many injuries caught up with him and after the world cup, his body gave up on him. It's amazing he is still playing at the top level.

Shevchenko, looked tired during the world cup and joined us just before he turned 30. He was probably at the wrong age to make another big move in his career.

Falcao, timing was wrong. Busted his knee at Monaco, recovered and then joined United. Moving so soon after and injury is never a good idea. Then he was injured all season for United and then joined us. Moving from club to club with so many injuries to fight off gave him no time to adapt. He should have just stayed at Monaco to recover from his injuries properly.

Pizarro, i just don't think he could adapt to English football. He's played in Germany for pretty much his whole career. His style probably suits German football best.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On ?09?/?05?/?2017 at 00:15, didierforever said:

Hazard DD Zola/Robben

Even though robben was not world class for us.

oh my, how the initials DD highlight the path of CFC... From Damian Duff to Didier Drogba to.....Danny Drinkwater...... all have won titles though!

It's a hard ask.... I think boiled down I'd go with Anelka Drogba and either Hazard or Zola as you'd be able to field either a main striker and 2 out wide or two up front with Hazard/Zola in the pocket behind them.

Hazard - Drogba - Robben also very enticing as any defense would have to double up (at a minimum) on all three as all of them are capable of playing in a team mate or making something out of nothing themselves.  The mix of pace and power would be frightening for defenders.

Funny thing is that our greatest goal scorer doesn't make anyone's list!  For obvious reasons, but just goes to highlight how lucky we were to have Super Frank.

edit: going with more recent players as, amazing as they are, hard to imagine some of our older fantastic players keeping up with the demands of the modern game.

Edited by Barry Bridges