Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

dR3

Chelsea are desperate for results to improve sufficiently to justify retaining Maurizio Sarri until the end of the season, when his position will be reviewed irrespective of how they finish, but a revolt by the fans could alter their outlook (Times)

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 17:09, JM7 said:

Chelsea are desperate for results to improve sufficiently to justify retaining Maurizio Sarri until the end of the season, when his position will be reviewed irrespective of how they finish, but a revolt by the fans could alter their outlook (Times)

Hope we keep Sarri until the end of the season, I did vote out a while ago on the thread yet now we have reached this stage think it would be better to stick and review at season's end. Obviously things on the pitch or amongst the fans might change that.

On 19/03/2019 at 14:41, Gol15 said:

A Man utd fan wants to buy Chelsea. At least Roman loves the club and has been a good owner, after him it will be worse specially if this guy takes over.

Grow up, Roman doesn’t love the club, not like a true fan!

It’s a marriage of convenience.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

I think you're wrong though.

When Roman first bought us, he did not love us. He was either going to buy us, or Tottenham. We made top 4 that year and Hit the lottery due to this fact. Roman does love Chelsea now, although it does seem that love is dwindling down. 

Therefore if Ratcliffe takes over, he already owns a season ticket with us. He would learn to love Chelsea just as Roman did. After all, 2.5B is a lot of money to invest in. 

19 minutes ago, Semper Fi said:

When Roman first bought us, he did not love us. He was either going to buy us, or Tottenham. We made top 4 that year and Hit the lottery due to this fact. Roman does love Chelsea now, although it does seem that love is dwindling down. 

Therefore if Ratcliffe takes over, he already owns a season ticket with us. He would learn to love Chelsea just as Roman did. After all, 2.5B is a lot of money to invest in. 

Owning a season ticket right before you want to buy a whole club seems a bit convenient, much more than Romans love for the club, sorry.

8 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Ratcliffe is a businessman and football fan, if he was such a Utd fan he would have got a private plane to Utd.

If he takes the plunge I would expect good things for a while, after all he is late 60's.

You mean that because he's a bit older he would invest more in the club?

Regardless of how he is, a good argument of him being the owner can be that it would favor the club in the media and politics much more. He is one of the richest people in Britain.

40 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

You mean that because he's a bit older he would invest more in the club?

Regardless of how he is, a good argument of him being the owner can be that it would favor the club in the media and politics much more. He is one of the richest people in Britain.

No for me he looks his age, that might signify father time is not too far off.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

No for me he looks his age, that might signify father time is not too far off.

Oh ok. When you said you expect good things from him because of his age I thought you mean he would be willing to spend more for the club.

2 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

How young do people expect?  Doesn't it take a few years to acquire billions of pounds?

If you're asking me indirectly, I don't really think much of his age but I missunderstood the previous comment I think.
I thought that because he's older than Roman he would be willing to spend more money in new signings and so on, because he probably has less worries I guess and is more relaxed, or I don't know...

But hey in general the queen's family can just have a baby that acquires billions just because of who is in their bloodline or whatever, or for example there was a topic long ago about who should buy the club and one of the possible options to vote for was the Kardashians, well one of those girls is younger than 21 and they said she almost has a networth of a billion dollars...

I guess I changed the subject of this thread so...who cares anyway, a new owner tomorrow wouldn't mean that Sarri would automatically lose his job, but probably Marina would lose hers...

Edited by Gol15

The Guardian have done an article "Premier League managers – the satisfaction index 2018-19" where they rank  the 20 current Premier League managers in regards to performance. 

Anyway, here's what they had to say about Sarri having rated him 12/20 on the list. 

Fair enough, the Chelsea job is never an easy one. True also that Sarri is new to the country. But 12th place is generous, really, for a manager who has been publicly castigated by his own fans and humiliated in a cup final by his own goalkeeper. Has looked out of place for most of the season.

And it's that last bit I agree with. For me, Sarri just doesn't feel right... Doesn't quite fit in.

Doesn't look like a Chelsea manager, we've had a history of suave, imposing managers over the years... Now Sarri's here with his hobo chic, nervously chomping away on a dog end all game. 

The cautiousness of the fans was evident early on. Contrast the buzz and excitement of when Jose returned to the club, Conte's first game at the Bridge with the large Italian flag display in the Mathew Harding. The support have struggled to warm to Sarri, there's just not the level of affection towards him as most appointments. 

Personally I just think he's not a good fit for the club. I'm expecting him to take the Roma job at the end of the season with him and the club parting ways with a "sorry it didn't work out" kind of approach. 

22 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

The Guardian have done an article "Premier League managers – the satisfaction index 2018-19" where they rank  the 20 current Premier League managers in regards to performance. 

Anyway, here's what they had to say about Sarri having rated him 12/20 on the list. 

And it's that last bit I agree with. For me, Sarri just doesn't feel right... Doesn't quite fit in.

Doesn't look like a Chelsea manager, we've had a history of suave, imposing managers over the years... Now Sarri's here with his hobo chic, nervously chomping away on a dog end all game. 

The cautiousness of the fans was evident early on. Contrast the buzz and excitement of when Jose returned to the club, Conte's first game at the Bridge with the large Italian flag display in the Mathew Harding. The support have struggled to warm to Sarri, there's just not the level of affection towards him as most appointments. 

Personally I just think he's not a good fit for the club. I'm expecting him to take the Roma job at the end of the season with him and the club parting ways with a "sorry it didn't work out" kind of approach. 

The Jose buzz on his return, thats because of the manager he was replacing, many fans frowned upon his return and revelled in his predictable 3rd season collapse.

Are you judging a large Italian flag being waved as evident proof that Conte was more popular ? seriously ?

6 minutes ago, coco said:

Are you judging a large Italian flag being waved as evident proof that Conte was more popular ? seriously ?

I mean as soon as Conte arrived his name was being chanted in the stadium. 

We rolled out the red carpet for him, there was banners and displays for him before he'd taken charge of a competitive game...There was genuine excitement about the fact he was Chelsea manager. Of course he was more popular than Sarri, not even up for debate. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I mean as soon as Conte arrived his name was being chanted in the stadium. 

We rolled out the red carpet for him, there was banners and displays for him before he'd taken charge of a competitive game...There was genuine excitement about the fact he was Chelsea manager. Of course he was more popular than Sarri, not even up for debate. 

And then he turned into a prick. So after fawning over two managers who turned into pricks maybe some of the fan base decided to hold off on anointing the new manager as a saint. 

I'd love him to be here next year and us to start challenging for the top places after winning the Europa League. Would be interesting to see what some fans say then. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

not even up for debate. 

Please lets.

Conte was a flamboyant touchline manager, at times he was the entertainment, the passion he showed on the side of the pitch in season one was infectious. Thats why he had his name chanted a lot. Mourinho didnt get a fraction of the chanting sang about him, suppose that means he 'didn't fit' either ?

e2a: and where was Mourinho's giant Portuguese flag on his return ? Our greatest manager ever !!

7 minutes ago, coco said:

Please lets.

Conte was a flamboyant touchline manager, at times he was the entertainment, the passion he showed on the side of the pitch in season one was infectious. Thats why he had his name chanted a lot. Mourinho didnt get a fraction of the chanting sang about him, suppose that means he 'didn't fit' either ?

e2a: and where was Mourinho's giant Portuguese flag on his return ? Our greatest manager ever !!

Conte hadn't even taken charge of a competitive game for us and we chanted his name. 

Jose returned to the Chelsea dug out with basically the entire stadium chanting his name. 

I'm talking about the initial reception managers received... Not over the course of a season. Sarri's appointment was met more subdue reception than recent appointments. There wasn't as much buzz and excitement about his taking change than others.

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Doesn't look like a Chelsea manager, we've had a history of suave, imposing managers over the years... Now Sarri's here with his hobo chic, nervously chomping away on a dog end all game

Hobo Chic! sounds like Zoolander! Brilliant.

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I'm expecting him to take the Roma job at the end of the season with him and the club parting ways with a "sorry it didn't work out" kind of approach. 

"Sorry it didn't work out" sounds like the sack to me FC,