Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

dR3

In fairness to Sarri, this is probably one of the worst Juve teams in recent times. They are simply not good enough to realistically win the Champions League right now

I don't feel he'll have any regrets about leaving Napoli, he's won the Europa League and a League title in the last two years and has been able to manage players like Ronaldo and Hazard

3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

he is still labelled as some form of joke manager by idiots like you

I never labelled him a joke then (although I was accused of doing so), didn't here either.

The problem with "idiots like me" (and thanks for going straight to abusive, you are clearly a charmer) is that we realise that reality is complicated.

Sarri wouldn't be teaching Hazard anything he doesn't know, just like he couldn't possibly teach Ronaldo anything he doesn't already know, but I still think he's a good manager, although he was what I consider a "fundamentalist" rather than "pragmatist". Neither is right or wrong, they are just less and more effective, or appropriate, for different circumstances. No manager worth his salt was walking into Chelsea last year and identifying the problem as our best player standing in the wrong places. It was super weird that some Chelsea fans thought he would.

And oddly, at the time I was saying that Hazard probably would benefit from a more attacking coach after two years of Conte, but I was still getting called "mental" because I didn't think Sarri would be "teaching" him anything. I thought of it today. I thought the problem was clearly that Ronaldo didn't want to learn from Sarri. Had a chuckle. I wondered if things have changed here, or whether I'd get called an idiot straight off the bat. Question answered. Cheers.

TBH, I accept that what happened was that everyone was super-excited about their shiny new toy and was swinging straight off his nuts, refusing to hear any criticism. That is well past now, for most anyway.

There is a sorta mentality that means everyone is either brilliant or sh*te, and anyone who says someone isn't brilliant is saying that they are sh*te, and everyone who says someone isn't sh*te is saying they are brilliant. It's an intellectual vacuousness that you have fallen into I'm afraid. Reality is complicated.

Anyway, KTBFFH. I doubt I'll be back, so enjoy the football (even if right now isn't the best time to say that).

4 minutes ago, Ready Player One said:

I never labelled him a joke then (although I was accused of doing so), didn't here either.

The problem with "idiots like me" (and thanks for going straight to abusive, you are clearly a charmer) is that we realise that reality is complicated.

Sarri wouldn't be teaching Hazard anything he doesn't know, just like he couldn't possibly teach Ronaldo anything he doesn't already know, but I still think he's a good manager, although he was what I consider a "fundamentalist" rather than "pragmatist". Neither is right or wrong, they are just less and more effective, or appropriate, for different circumstances. No manager worth his salt was walking into Chelsea last year and identifying the problem as our best player standing in the wrong places. It was super weird that some Chelsea fans thought he would.

And oddly, at the time I was saying that Hazard probably would benefit from a more attacking coach after two years of Conte, but I was still getting called "mental" because I didn't think Sarri would be "teaching" him anything. I thought of it today. I thought the problem was clearly that Ronaldo didn't want to learn from Sarri. Had a chuckle. I wondered if things have changed here, or whether I'd get called an idiot straight off the bat. Question answered. Cheers.

TBH, I accept that what happened was that everyone was super-excited about their shiny new toy and was swinging straight off his nuts, refusing to hear any criticism. That is well past now, for most anyway.

There is a sorta mentality that means everyone is either brilliant or sh*te, and anyone who says someone isn't brilliant is saying that they are sh*te, and everyone who says someone isn't sh*te is saying they are brilliant. It's an intellectual vacuousness that you have fallen into I'm afraid. Reality is complicated.

Anyway, KTBFFH. I doubt I'll be back, so enjoy the football (even if right now isn't the best time to say that).

You came back to gloat about a prediction that didn't even come true. 

You are an idiot. Piss off. 

9 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

You came back to gloat about a prediction that didn't even come true. 

You are an idiot. Piss off. 

Well. This morning I came back to find out about who was going to play in the Bayern game and just now I’ve come back to see if anyone had any info on that disallowed goal. Posting was just because I was reminded myself why I gave up on football forums. Full of abusive loons who lack the empathy to understand others with alternate points of view in any way other than name calling. 

And seeing as how “being nice” has gone out the window: Hazard learned f**k all from Sarri and the only people who could possibly disagree with that at this point are appalling Sarri nuthuggers, which is a real odd thing to be. 

Be happy. 

6 minutes ago, Ready Player One said:

Well. This morning I came back to find out about who was going to play in the Bayern game and just now I’ve come back to see if anyone had any info on that disallowed goal. Posting was just because I was reminded myself why I gave up on football forums. Full of abusive loons who lack the empathy to understand others with alternate points of view in any way other than name calling. 

And seeing as how “being nice” has gone out the window: Hazard learned f**k all from Sarri and the only people who could possibly disagree with that at this point are appalling Sarri nuthuggers, which is a real odd thing to be. 

Be happy. 

I thought you said you were leaving?

14 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Okay cool I'm done feeding the troll. Hope you are satisfied

Mate, not everyone who disagrees with you is a troll. If you start a conversation by calling people idiots, if that conversation becomes antagonistic it’s all on you. You have literally been abusive toward me in every post. Just chill. It’s just sport. Relax. 

FWIW, I’d have liked to have seen Sarri moulding a group of kids like the ones we have now. Although at the same time he had a few of these lads last year and didn’t play them. He’s wrong for a club with star players who need building around because he’s got a system and he needs people to buy into that. Give him young players with a lot to learn and a need for guidance and I think he can be the guidance they need. IMO. 

You do learn during your career, but you don’t learn much at 27 and are a “star player”. 

Anyway, I found the screenshot of Tammy offside, so have a good one. 

I am much more shaken by the fact Pirlo takes over Juve than Sarri getting the sack. One of my all time favourite footballers. Weird to see him take over a massive club so soon. This trend is going on in every big club now but still. Never thought Pirlo would manage a team. He is such soft spoken man who's enjoys life that management doesn't fit the bill. Maybe he just wants to challenge himself. Anyway great to see him back in football.

Sarri will find a good job. He is a top manager. Maybe not as big club as Juve but from a big league in a CL level team.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Either that or the Serie A team with the premier league rejects managed by signori Conte.

I would love us to face Conte in CL next season imagine full form Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech running at Moses and Ashley Young lol

On 09/08/2020 at 21:45, Gol15 said:

I would love us to face Conte in CL next season imagine full form Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech running at Moses and Ashley Young lol

It’s considered a dick move to encourage anyone to think about that end of a bell 

• 9 months later...