coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

10 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Go back through the match day thread. Everyone pretty much said we were the better team with the better chances. Not our fault we haven't been able to finish all season. Sarri was spot on this day.

Some people were pleasantly surprised by the performance i am sure since they had just made a mockery out of us at the Etihad but i'd say were the better team if you looked at the game objectively. 

1 minute ago, buzzcfc said:

We beat Liverpool and Spurs on the way to the final and lost to the first ever team to win the domestic quadruple, on penalties, whilst outplaying them ont he pitch for the 120 minutes. Seems strange to not take this as an achievement. 

No, I don't see second as an achievement. Perhaps this is where we differ. I couldn't care less if he get's us to finals and we lose.

Imagine thinking Sarri had nothing to do with our league finish. Both Hazard and Kante have had their most productive seasons in a Chelsea shirt whilst being apparently thrown out of position by Sarri. Take those two players out and name me one more player even close to being world class. With how many games we've had to manage Sarri has done wonders with what he has at his availability. 

How many genuine world class players do Spurs, Arsenal and Utd (our direct rivals for third) have? Exactly. We should comfortably finish third. I'm not sure how you are measuring Kante's productivity? Goals? Of course he'll score more goals being played out of position further up the field than where he is best used. I don't think you can attribute Hazards performances to Sarri. If anything Hazards job has been made harder by being forced to create something from nothing due to playing such a  rigid, un-productive, tippy tappy, sideways pass for the sake of sideways pass style. It is probably down to Hazards obscene brilliance alone that Sarri has been let off the hook by some with the blinkers on.

We were already qualified on the last day so how could we have f**ked it up?

I was quite clearly talking about third spot - you know, relating to your original point of declaring how spectacular of an achievement it was.

If the only manager you wanted sacking was AvB and not Mk.2 Mourinho than this tells me a lot. 

In fairness, I had forgot to mention this one.

Arguably our best player this past month or so.

lol. He's been shocking all season and has restricted us severely in how we play (in fairness this is as much down to Sarri's stubbornness). One month will not change that.

No, I don't see second as an achievement. Perhaps this is where we differ. I couldn't care less if he get's us to finals and we lose. Imagine not being impressed with us beating Liverpool and Spurs and then easily matching the best team the Premier League has seen in the final. Our fans are spoiled, no wondered we're called plastic.

How many genuine world class players do Spurs, Arsenal and Utd (our direct rivals for third) have? Exactly. We should comfortably finish third. I'm not sure how you are measuring Kante's productivity? Goals? Of course he'll score more goals being played out of position further up the field than where he is best used. I don't think you can attribute Hazards performances to Sarri. If anything Hazards job has been made harder by being forced to create something from nothing due to playing such a  rigid, un-productive, tippy tappy, sideways pass for the sake of sideways pass style. It is probably down to Hazards obscene brilliance alone that Sarri has been let off the hook by some with the blinkers on. Difference being all those teams have more than 1 good attacker to score goals. Spurs have Eriksen, Kane, Son, Alli and Lucas. Arsenal have Laca and Auba. Utd have Rashford and Lukaku. We have Hazard on his own who was injured for the start of the season. We shouldn't have comfortably finished third at all, Spurs getting to a Champions League final shows that. So if Hazard's best season can't be attributed to Sarri, i guess our 'poor performances' can't be attributed to him either. Or does Sarri only get credit for the bad things? As for Kante playing out of position, you're going to try and claim he's a DM now aren't you.

I was quite clearly talking about third spot - you know, relating to your original point of declaring how spectacular of an achievement it was. Spurs by far a better team and Arsenal quite possibly too. Finished above both of them. Good going by us. 

lol. He's been shocking all season and has restricted us severely in how we play (in fairness this is as much down to Sarri's stubbornness). One month will not change that. Was great at the start of the season, poor in the middle with the rest of the team and then finished strongly. We look so much worse without him in the team. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

No, I don't see second as an achievement. Perhaps this is where we differ. I couldn't care less if he get's us to finals and we lose. Imagine not being impressed with us beating Liverpool and Spurs and then easily matching the best team the Premier League has seen in the final. Our fans are spoiled, no wondered we're called plastic.

Having high standards and ambition is not the same as being plastic. Do you think city would have been happy with losing and being runner up?

And yes I think we are a little spoilt because of the silverware we've accumulated since Roman has come... But you don't just put that aside and start with a fresh slate every season and forget about the accolades we've won in recent history.

Edited by DannyBoy

9 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Some people were pleasantly surprised by the performance i am sure since they had just made a mockery out of us at the Etihad but i'd say were the better team if you looked at the game objectively. 

City should have been down to 10 men in the first 5 minutes and we had the better chances.  Just look at the Kante and Pedro chances.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

Having high standards and ambition is not the same as being plastic. Do you think city would have been happy with losing and bein runner up?

Not caring about a final appearance because you lost is not having high standards or ambition. All achievements are not meaningless because you didn't finish first, that is a very entitled attitude.

Edited by Stim

Just now, Stim said:

Not caring about a final appearance because you lost is not having high standards or ambition.

Who said anything about not caring? Jumping to assumptions there pal.

Just now, DannyBoy said:

Who said anything about not caring? Jumping to assumptions there pal.

The guy literally said he couldn't care less, pal.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Stim said:

The guy literally said he couldn't care less, pal.

• Removing petulant response. Apologies, upon re-reading I get what you're saying now. lol smh. :face_palm:
Edited by DannyBoy

3 minutes ago, Stim said:

All achievements are not meaningless because you didn't finish first, that is a very entitled attitude.

Fair point but the whole point of a cup final is to determine who comes first and second. 

17 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

Having high standards and ambition is not the same as being plastic. Do you think city would have been happy with losing and being runner up?

And yes I think we are a little spoilt because of the silverware we've accumulated since Roman has come... But you don't just put that aside and start with a fresh slate every season and forget about the accolades we've won in recent history.

There's a difference with being happy losing and being able to recognise you've knocked out two sides that are better than you and only just lost to the greatest domestic team in the Premier League era. 

The silverware we won under Roman, every team except maybe 2012 was better than our current squad.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

There's a difference with being happy losing and being able to recognise you've knocked out two sides that are better than you and only just lost to the greatest domestic team in the Premier League era. 

The silverware we won under Roman, every team except maybe 2012 was better than our current squad.

You still dont discredit that and totally ignore the fact we have won x,y,z and don't have some level of expectation going into a final. Let's be clear here so another troll doesn't appear from under his bridge.... I'm not saying that I dont care for the fact that yes we beat spuds and liverpool, and got to the final, but if you were to say that you weren't disappointed we didn't win the final I'd have to call you a liar. I fear we're getting slightly off topic and the original sentiment here though.

Totally agree that what he was saying about not caring about getting to the final and losing to city is a silly outlook to have.

Edited by DannyBoy

17 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

Okay troll lol. I quoted the guy who responded to him... Nowhere in my post did I personally agree with not caring. Think before posting 😉. It's okay, I forgive you.

I dont think you understood what Stim wrote, he wasn't saying YOU didn't care. 

I dont quite understand this "we had a shocking run in"

Since Everton, 

We beat Brighton, Cardiff, West Ham and Watford. 

We drew with Burnley, United, Wolves, Leicester (dead rubber)

We lost to Liverpool. 

Wolves have taken points of all the big teams, United are a big team, Burnley we had one of those days (/ we should have dealt with at least one of their 2 big chances)

That is the form that gets a team 3rd or 4th place - it isn't the form that wins titles but we never expected that! We didn't blink when other teams were faltering. Just because we didn't beat (or lose to!) the two teams in 6th and 7th didn't mean we messed it up. 

2 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

You still dont discredit that and totally ignore the fact we have won x,y,z and don't have some level of expectation going into a final. Let's be clear here so another troll doesn't appear from under his bridge.... I'm not saying that I dont care for the fact that yes we beat spuds and liverpool, and got to the final, but if you were to say that you weren't disappointed we didn't win the final I'd have to call you a liar. I fear we're getting slightly off topic and the original sentiment here though.

Totally agree that what he was saying about not caring about getting to the final and losing to city is a silly outlook to have.

Of course i was disappointed we didn't win, especially after matching them for 120 minutes and having the better chances in the game. In the end it went to penalties and at that point its as much a flip of the coin than anything else. 

The other bloke was trying to use the final as a point to discredit Sarri by saying he's sh*t because we didn't win it. My point was that even though we didn't win it, Sarri got pretty much everything right in the cup and had some amazing results. Take away the greatest team beating us and we have a trophy this season.

20 minutes ago, Stim said:

:wtf:

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

I dont think you understood what Stim wrote, he wasn't saying YOU didn't care. 

Editted the post 😂 :face_palm:

14 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

- Having ambition and expectations is not plastic. Like I said, I think this is ultimately where we differ. It's quite sad that some fans expectations have fallen so dramatically.

How many genuine world class players do Spurs, Arsenal and Utd (our direct rivals for third) have? Exactly. We should comfortably finish third. I'm not sure how you are measuring Kante's productivity? Goals? Of course he'll score more goals being played out of position further up the field than where he is best used. I don't think you can attribute Hazards performances to Sarri. If anything Hazards job has been made harder by being forced to create something from nothing due to playing such a  rigid, un-productive, tippy tappy, sideways pass for the sake of sideways pass style. It is probably down to Hazards obscene brilliance alone that Sarri has been let off the hook by some with the blinkers on. Difference being all those teams have more than 1 good attacker to score goals. Spurs have Eriksen, Kane, Son, Alli and Lucas. Arsenal have Laca and Auba. Utd have Rashford and Lukaku. We have Hazard on his own who was injured for the start of the season. We shouldn't have comfortably finished third at all, Spurs getting to a Champions League final shows that. So if Hazard's best season can't be attributed to Sarri, i guess our 'poor performances' can't be attributed to him either. Or does Sarri only get credit for the bad things? As for Kante playing out of position, you're going to try and claim he's a DM now aren't you.

- If you're going to bring players like Alli and Eriksen into the mix claiming they are goal scorers, then it's fair to include Willian and Pedro. We'd have a better idea about CHO too, if Sarri hadn't only played him towards the end of the season when he was bullied into doing it. Yes, in this case I can say that Sarri is not responsible for Hazards brilliance. Due to the fact that Sarri was found out months ago, teams have known exactly how to set up against us which has meant Hazard has been restricted and had to conjure up moments of magic to get us by. Perhaps if we changed things during the game when it was obvious we had been nullified, Hazard would have performed even better. Of course I'm not going to claim Kante is a DM. But he definitely isn't an AM either. If you are seriously arguing that Kante hasn't been played out of position then all of this is a waste of time. Spurs scraping by in a knockout competition which is heavily reliant on luck, is not a true reflection on quality.

I was quite clearly talking about third spot - you know, relating to your original point of declaring how spectacular of an achievement it was. Spurs by far a better team and Arsenal quite possibly too. Finished above both of them. Good going by us. 

- Spurs and particularly Arsenal do not have better starting line-ups or squads. Spurs have not signed anyone in two windows and have nothing coming off the bench. The reason they are where they are is because they have a flexible and tactically competent manager that knows what he's doing and how to get the best out of the players he's got.

lol. He's been shocking all season and has restricted us severely in how we play (in fairness this is as much down to Sarri's stubbornness). One month will not change that. Was great at the start of the season, poor in the middle with the rest of the team and then finished strongly. We look so much worse without him in the team. 

- We only look worse without him because Sarri persists with the same system at all costs. Jorginho has had ample experience in this rigid system and others haven't. If we changed things up when required Jorginho would not even warrant being on the pitch.

56 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Go back through the match day thread. Everyone pretty much said we were the better team with the better chances. Not our fault we haven't been able to finish all season. Sarri was spot on this day.

Derby do the same every season and have a sh*t run of form after Xmas. 

Football would be boring with top 3 going up, play offs offer hope to other teams. 

I just don't think it's right. If your form over the league season has been better than the next 3, you should rightfully be promoted. League form is important and should mean something and be rewarded by the end of the season. 

16 minutes ago, enigma said:

I just don't think it's right. If your form over the league season has been better than the next 3, you should rightfully be promoted. League form is important and should mean something and be rewarded by the end of the season. 

You'd hate the national league...

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

You'd hate the national league...

I also think away goals should be done away with in Europe. Would make things more exciting. What should also be done away with is the stupid rule of 3rd placed CL group clubs automatically dropping down into the Europa league. 

Edited by enigma

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

I also think away goals should be done away with in Europe. Would make things more exciting. What should also be done away with is the stupid rule of 3rd placed CL group clubs automatically dropping down into the Europa league. 

I agree with both of those. 

I don't agree with scrapping playoffs. I think it's an exciting end to the season and having teams int he top half competing for something in the last 10 games is better than only the top 4 or 5. We have that in the Premier league as there are rewards for the top 7, I think it makes sense balance wise to have that in the lower leagues too. Additionally, Villa finished the season really strong, should they be punished because they didn't start it as well as Leeds? They are the better side at this stage and the play offs are a good way of testing that.

13 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

top half competing for something in the last 10 games is better than only the top 4 or 5. We have that in the Premier league as there are rewards for the top 7

Saw an interesting suggestion similar to this but for the Premier League, it was:

Teams 1-3 qualify for the champions league
Teams 4-7 play in a championship style play off to determine the 4th Champions league spot. 
Who ever doesn't win the play off go into the 3 europa league spots. 

Obviously would never happen but would make teams less likely to settle for just finishing 4th, and gives the likes of Everton, Wolves, Leicester an added incentive for the end of the season. 

There's more chance of Wenger returning to Arsenal and winning the title than Ancelotti winning the league with Napoli.

There's more chance of Wenger returning to Arsenal and winning the title than Sarri ever winning the league with us.

The thing is, derby's league form wasn't that good. They ended up 6th. It was only for the ridiculous playoffs that they made it to possibly get promotion.
On fairness, Leeds should be promoted. The whole playoff thing in Championship is illogical and unfair on the 3rd place side. 
If Leeds were the better team, they should be able to beat Derby easily over two legs.

2 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

Saw an interesting suggestion similar to this but for the Premier League, it was:

Teams 1-3 qualify for the champions league
Teams 4-7 play in a championship style play off to determine the 4th Champions league spot. 
Who ever doesn't win the play off go into the 3 europa league spots. 

Obviously would never happen but would make teams less likely to settle for just finishing 4th, and gives the likes of Everton, Wolves, Leicester an added incentive for the end of the season. 

Nice idea, but just more games in an already hectic season.