coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

4 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

Saw an interesting suggestion similar to this but for the Premier League, it was:

Teams 1-3 qualify for the champions league
Teams 4-7 play in a championship style play off to determine the 4th Champions league spot. 
Who ever doesn't win the play off go into the 3 europa league spots. 

Obviously would never happen but would make teams less likely to settle for just finishing 4th, and gives the likes of Everton, Wolves, Leicester an added incentive for the end of the season. 

The issue with that is that there would be no European prize for the cups! Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did it. Only 5th at the moment is guarenteed Europa League 

5 minutes ago, wallosh said:
2 hours ago, Argo said:
There's more chance of Wenger returning to Arsenal and winning the title than Ancelotti winning the league with Napoli.

There's more chance of Wenger returning to Arsenal and winning the title than Sarri ever winning the league with us.

Doubt it.

Just now, bisright1 said:

The issue with that is that there would be no European prize for the cups! Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did it. Only 5th at the moment is guarenteed Europa League 

I thought it was 5th and 6th were guaranteed and 7th depending on who wins the FA Cup?

Even so it is usually (not always) one of the top 6 that wins the 2 domestic trophies. 

embarrassing if Sarri goes. hope he wins CL with juve, just to shove it to this incompetent board.
Please don't put your money on that!

53 minutes ago, wallosh said:
3 hours ago, Argo said:
There's more chance of Wenger returning to Arsenal and winning the title than Ancelotti winning the league with Napoli.

There's more chance of Wenger returning to Arsenal and winning the title than Sarri ever winning the league with us.

There's more chance of both than Ancelotti winning the league with an underdog against Juve and a pre sulking Conte.

58 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

I thought it was 5th and 6th were guaranteed and 7th depending on who wins the FA Cup?

Even so it is usually (not always) one of the top 6 that wins the 2 domestic trophies. 

Nope league cup gets one as well.

Just isn't an easy way to organise saying "if league cup and fa cup comes from top 6, then we run a playoff system. 

22 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Nope league cup gets one as well.

Just isn't an easy way to organise saying "if league cup and fa cup comes from top 6, then we run a playoff system. 

Ah ok fair enough.

Like i said, would never happen but would make it more interesting if it did. 

Im feeling a little more positive about the possibility of lampard and morris. 

Sarri has laid down some decent fundamentals for us to move forward, i think he definitely should be given another season, but the rumours seem to mounting, which usually means one thing at chelsea. 

I'm hoping it would be more evolution than revoltion.

For starters Lampard likes his teams to use a 433, he likes to play out from the back, and he likes his teams to press. 

With lampard though, i dont expect us to as rigid with these 3 ideas, and having seen a few derby games this season, he wont hesistate to have us sit deep and compact, if that is what is necessary.

I actually think jorginho will still play at the base of midfield when we are in possession, but i dont think kante will be tasked with venturing forward. 

I also think we will press differently, instead of kante and RLC/Barkley pushing forward, i think we will see the front 3 work alot more, which is why i think Pulisic and Abraham could have a great impact for us, if the ban stays in place. 

I expect we will be a lot more direct in terms of getting crosses into the box aswell.

Overall Lamps could do a decent job next season, im not expecting miracles though, any manager of this squad minus hazard is going to struggle to finish top 4. Major investment is needed in my opinion. But if Lampard can bring through some more of the academy players, so we can get some identity back, hipefully that will bring back a feel good factor that we can build on the follwing season with some quality additions.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Argo said:

On the contary, I think Lampard is one of the very few people the crowd will stick by no matter what.

Which will be a good thing if he's genuinely building something but a very bad thing if he's flopping.

you might be right that the match goers won't boo him, but for the rest the fans? I highly doubt it

I think people wants Lampard not because they are certain that Lampard is a better manager than Sarri (let's be honest, he probably isn't yet) but because they are so fed up with Sarri they would take a lamppost to be our manager just to see the back of Sarri. and when ultimately the going gets though for Lampard, you just know how those set of fans will react #LampardOut

Edited by magichat

There's more chance of both than Ancelotti winning the league with an underdog against Juve and a pre sulking Conte.
If there is no chances of any of these happening, it leaves the other mangers with a more successful career than the current most hyped Maurizio Sarri.

Too soon for Frank. The downside outweighs the upside. If he comes here and does poorly, he's fired and we're set back another season. If he comes here and is average, he's fired and we're set back another season. If he comes here and does great, everyone is happy. I'd much rather wait for him to repeat his success and gain experience so we can make a more informed decision. 

Now what are the chances Lamps rolls in, we finish 2nd or 1st and win a trophy? I use those as benchmarks bc Sarri has us 3rd and in 2 finals. I don't see a reason to be actively looking at replacing him. He deserves another season; Lamps is going to either be doing well at Derby for a second season or he's going to flame out. Either way Chelsea will be in a position to hire him soon enough. 

I think Sarri wants out too I think the f**k Sarri ball chants got to him, and if Juventus rumours are true and they come calling he wouldn't think twice if I was him I wouldn't either

2 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I think Sarri wants out too I think the f**k Sarri ball chants got to him, and if Juventus rumours are true and they come calling he wouldn't think twice if I was him I wouldn't either

Yeah I would  not blame him either.

4 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Too soon for Frank. The downside outweighs the upside. If he comes here and does poorly, he's fired and we're set back another season. If he comes here and is average, he's fired and we're set back another season. If he comes here and does great, everyone is happy. I'd much rather wait for him to repeat his success and gain experience so we can make a more informed decision. 

Now what are the chances Lamps rolls in, we finish 2nd or 1st and win a trophy? I use those as benchmarks bc Sarri has us 3rd and in 2 finals. I don't see a reason to be actively looking at replacing him. He deserves another season; Lamps is going to either be doing well at Derby for a second season or he's going to flame out. Either way Chelsea will be in a position to hire him soon enough. 

exactly my thought, I would kinda agree sacking him if we have Pep or Zidane or the likes on the line but it doesn't make sense to sack him and then hire a manager with minimum credential in Lampard, at least not yet

however if Sarri himself wants out, that's a whole different question

Seem to be a lot of rumours that he's going to be sacked and replaced with Lampard.

As much as I've disliked some of the football this season, he got top 4, he got to 2 cup finals and may still win one. Why on earth would they spend all summer trying to get Sarri, go out and spend 100m+ on players for his system, and then ditch him 1 year later, after he's achieved his objectives, and replace him with someone with 1 year's mangement experience in the f**king Championship?!?!

If this actually happens, it will be absolute peak this Chelsea board and we'll be the laughing stock of world football, once again.

3 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Seem to be a lot of rumours that he's going to be sacked and replaced with Lampard.

As much as I've disliked some of the football this season, he got top 4, he got to 2 cup finals and may still win one. Why on earth would they spend all summer trying to get Sarri, go out and spend 100m+ on players for his system, and then ditch him 1 year later, after he's achieved his objectives, and replace him with someone with 1 year's mangement experience in the f**king Championship?!?!

If this actually happens, it will be absolute peak this Chelsea board and we'll be the laughing stock of world football, once again.

It would be more of a joke if we reverted back to the pragmatic manager, my big fear was if Sarri was sacked Roman would say f**k the evolution and revert to safety first football, especially now Alegri is a free agent, atleast with Lampard we will be carrying on the commitment to the new style of play.

21 minutes ago, Zeta said:

A lot of the talk also makes it sound like it's a mutual decision. We don't particularly want him to stay, and he doesn't particularly want to be here. 

I don't expect there to be a compensation package for a straight sacking as he's planning on walking straight into another job in Italy. 

36 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Even Di Marzio is reporting that we will sack him and go for Lampard =/

If Derby lose to Villa makes sense. If they win who is to say Frank would even want to job.

Of the top jobs only being manager of Real Madrid is worse than being Chelsea manager imo.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

If Derby lose to Villa makes sense. If they win who is to say Frank would even want to job.

I'm 99.99999999% recurring certain he won't choose staying at Derby over taking the Chelsea job if he had the option of one or the other.

Edited by Argo

We won't hear anything until after the Europa final, but by then Derby's playoff fate will also be known. Whether or not Frank leaves Derby it is very possible that Sarri would leave for Juve. It is one of the top jobs in football, and would allow him to return to Italy.

BREAKING: Chelsea have decided to hire Frank Lampard and sack Maurizio Sarri. 

[via @DiMarzio]

I would be surprised if this happens. Surely they would more likely go with Allegri than Lampard?!